• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Stats Equal Video Game Tournament: Round 2! Goro Majima vs Myo

Not really, as Majima can suddenly appear from sewers and from other people's windows too. Half of the Majima Everywhere system doesn't require him to change outfits and his noteworthy ones are not from that system.

Even if the pummeling bat and tanto break (which they shouldn't), it's going to take a long long time before they can be dented since Majima has been using that tanto till 2023 from 2005. The other non-style-specific weapons are fair game, and so is Myo's assault rifle.

Don't you mean experience with assault rifles? While it's not exactly assault rifles, most of the yakuza cast have dealt with bullets (Kiryu got a taste of dodging missiles so there's that). And as I've said time and time again, he should have no problem evading the bullets, which this location helps him with. It's not just dodging either too, Slugger is still beneficial for bullet avoidance. He's going to hold up well till the CQC part where the gun becomes a non-factor by breaking it (since it's your decision pointing out that the bat can be broken) or disarming it from her. Damage Transferal is going to be a bitch to Myo and he has healing too via drinking Staminan Xs.
Fair enough, though it seems that he can't(or just doesn't) use this in the middle of combat, so he probably can't use that to escape once their already fighting.

Fair enough, though I'm pretty sure that Myo's assault rifle has been able to withstand attacks from those with higher AP than her.

Assault Rifles: Myo carries an assault rifle capable of automatic fire as well as pinpoint long range shooting. So Myo can in fact snipe Majima as soon as the fight starts. The thing is though he wouldn't know that Myo can attack him from that far away so he wouldn't know to look out for an attack, and he also doesn't have any Instinctive Reaction so you can't really argue that he would be able to react to this without prior knowledge.

Fair enough, though it seems that he can't(or just doesn't) use this in the middle of combat, so he probably can't use that to escape once their already fighting
He surely won't use it to escape but will use it to sneak attack, initiate combat or close the gap. Bear in mind he does more damage when the opponent cannot see him. If Myo's sight is impaired in anyway, his damage output will increase

Fair enough, though I'm pretty sure that Myo's assault rifle has been able to withstand attacks from those with higher AP than her.
Then I'm very sure none of their weapons will break in this matchup, so that's the end of that discussion.
So Myo can in fact snipe Majima as soon as the fight starts. The thing is though he wouldn't know that Myo can attack him from that far away so he wouldn't know to look out for an attack, and he also doesn't have any Instinctive Reaction so you can't really argue that he would be able to react to this without prior knowledge.
Firstly, according to SBA, they will know the direction each combatant is facing, meaning they will be seeing each other.

Secondly, one thing you've neglected about Majima's thug style that I have specified beforehand is the Keen Eye ability.

he can see concealed equipment the opponent has
Majima is going to figure out that she's going to be sniping him (whether that assault rifle is as effective as an actual sniper is beyond me) and take the necessary precautions to avoid that WHILE closing the gap.

He surely won't use it to escape but will use it to sneak attack, initiate combat or close the gap. Bear in mind he does more damage when the opponent cannot see him. If Myo's sight is impaired in anyway, his damage output will increase

Then I'm very sure none of their weapons will break in this matchup, so that's the end of that discussion.

Firstly, according to SBA, they will know the direction each combatant is facing, meaning they will be seeing each other.

Secondly, one thing you've neglected about Majima's thug style that I have specified beforehand is the Keen Eye ability.

Majima is going to figure out that she's going to be sniping him (whether that assault rifle is as effective as an actual sniper is beyond me) and take the necessary precautions to avoid that WHILE closing the gap.

How high Myo amps is based on how much damage she receives so Majima's Damage Boost/Rage Power will probably just make her amp faster.
Myo sniping Majima goes with the assumption that the starting distance would be 1-4 kilometers so unless your telling me that Majima's Keen Eye ability allows him to see that far away then he definitely, wouldn'tt be able to see Myo's attack coming.

Myo sniping Majima goes with the assumption that the starting distance would be 1-4 kilometers so unless your telling me that Majima's Keen Eye ability allows him to see that far away then he definitely, wouldn'tt be able to see Myo's attack coming.
That's called Enhanced Senses, which is what his Keen Eyes fall to. So most probably yes. Yes, he can see.

That's called Enhanced Senses, which is what his Keen Eyes fall to. So most probably yes. Yes, he can see.
According to this "Keen Eye" is primarily used to spot hidden weapons on enemies and it seems to be limited to close range so I don't see how this could be used here. Also says in his profile that he can casually dodge them from behind by hearing the slightest click of the trigger which is not something that he can do when he's being shot from such a far distance

According to this "Keen Eye" is primarily used to spot hidden weapons on enemies and it seems to be limited to close range so I don't see how this could be used here
It's never confirmed if he can't use it from far away, but even if he can't, SBA is more than enough to see Myo aiming at him with an unconcealed gun and that's going to have him evade the shots..
Keen Eyes will make it easier.
Also says in his profile that he can casually dodge them from behind by hearing the slightest click of the trigger which is not something that he can do when he's being shot from such a far distance
Oh don't worry, he'll get ample opportunities to use this when he gets into CQC range.

Back