• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top Tier Chimera Ants have consistent Hypersonic Reaction Speed

Yes. I know most Chimera Ants already have Hypersonic+ speed in their profiles, but still, that reaction speed is not allowed to be used in calculations because it might be stacking. I understand that, but, at the very least, blitzing the Royal Guard's perceptions should allow the use of Hypersonic to Hypersonic+ Perception timeframes.

Youpi, arguably the slowest there, in his perception:

• Perceive Top Tier Hunters attacks in slow motion (Anime/Manga)
  • Stated he did perceive Killua's lightning before it hit him (which we accept as MHS+), and proceeded to state it should've been impossible for him to be unable to react to electricity. (Anime/Manga)

Neferpitou's Perception:
  • She reacted to the Dragon Dive which has, regardless of calculations, Hypersonic. It was beyond Pitou's En (2km) and it descended in 0.96s. That's information given directly by the manga. (Manga)
  • Also reacted to two people falling at Hypersonic Speeds despise the distance, she wasn't using En at this instance. (Manga)
  • She reacted to Netero's Hand Movement which far exceeded the Dragon Dive's speed. (Manga)

Pouff:
- Stated he'd have a hard time with Godspeed Killua, which implies he could actually trace his movement at all, meaning he has a faster reaction speed than Youpi. (Manga)

Cheetu:
  • Obviously, reacted to bullets literally a few centimeters from his eyes, which would require Hypersonic Perception due to the distance. (Anime/Manga)
  • Perceive Pro Hunters movement in slow motion. (Anime)

The Royal Guards scale monstrously above him.

Not to mention, Chimera Ants are the pinnacle of biology, so it makes total sense for them to have a better perception speed than virtually any other irl creature by that extent.

Basically, at least Hypersonic+ speed, for Royal Guards, is consistent with the story, not contradicted by anything at all, and it should be allowed to be used in calculations where they're speedblitzed.

I'm not sure if this kind of thing is allowed by the wiki, but I personally find that the argument presented by the OP makes sense.

I'm not sure if this kind of thing is allowed by the wiki, but I personally find that the argument presented by the OP makes sense.
It has absolutely been done before, I remember clearly when an argument about transonic reaction speed being consistent in Demon Slayer as an argument for them to use the reaction as a timeframe in their calculation.
I do believe it would be pointless to give the perception in a timeframe on the reactions page, and not be able to use these numbers in any given scenario.

It has absolutely been done before, I remember clearly when an argument about transonic reaction speed being consistent in Demon Slayer as an argument for them to use the reaction as a timeframe in their calculation.
I do believe it would be pointless to give the perception in a timeframe on the reactions page, and not be able to use these numbers in any given scenario.
Like I said, I think it makes sense, personally. But we should wait to see what the staff and CGMs think first.
If this goes through, it'll be extremely helpful to the verse.

Like I said, I think it makes sense, personally. But we should wait to see what the staff and CGMs think first.
If this goes through, it'll be extremely helpful to the verse.
I am totally okay with that. I'm just informing that this isn't very unusual.
Godspeed Killua will probably be the one who's most benefited from this.

At this point, it seems like every CRT I make is not worth the trouble. I ain't fooling around anymore, if this gets rejected I'm making the most detailed CRT about Woody Woodpecker y'all ever seen. (Probably going to do it anyway in the future, just because I genuinely like the character)

At this point, it seems like every CRT I make is not worth the trouble. I ain't fooling around anymore, if this gets rejected I'm making the most detailed CRT about Woody Woodpecker y'all ever seen. (Probably going to do it anyway in the future, just because I genuinely like the character)
Don’t think like that, these arguments are pretty good. Only thing I’m hesitant on, as you know, is MHS scaling for anyone.

And again, only about 7 characters would to get it, I suppose.
Netero: MHS (via feats)
Pitou: MHS (via feats)
Godspeed: MHS (via Scaling)
Youpi: MHS (via Scaling)
Pouf: MHS (via Scaling)
Adult God: MHS (via Scaling)
Meruem: MHS (via Scaling)

And the entire rest of the cast will remain High Hypersonic

There are no calculations involved.
Read the "Hiding Calculations" part of the calc stacking page
Neferpitou's Perception:
  • She reacted to the Dragon Dive which has, regardless of calculations, Hypersonic. It was beyond Pitou's En (2km) and it descended in 0.96s. That's information given directly by the manga. (Manga)
This is an informal calc, nowhere is it stated in the manga that Dragon Dive is Hypersonic, you calculated it.
I don't have context on that other calc or the verse itself but assuming it is calc stacking, it just means the calc should be removed, not that everyone else should also use calc stacking for their favored verse.

Read the "Hiding Calculations" part of the calc stacking page
There is no "hiding" in this whatsoever. Most of those feats (which are calculable) do have calcs. I'm not using the results of it. Most characters are doing things that would be impossible, and some of them directly states to be able to react to electricity.
This is an informal calc, nowhere is it stated in the manga that Dragon Dive is Hypersonic, you calculated it.
The timeframe is direcly stated.
The distance is directly given. (>2km)

This isn't a Wiki calc, which does rely on assumptions, and methods.
This is the manga itself giving the information. The fact that the Dragon Dive crossed 2km in the timeframe given by the manga is a literal indicator of Hypersonic speed. Exposition is not the only way to convey information.
I don't have context on that other calc or the verse itself but assuming it is calc stacking, it just means the calc should be removed, not that everyone else should also use calc stacking for their favored verse.
It was already accepted under the Wiki's rules, and was also discussed in a thread. Literally the people who understands these rules better than us said it was valid.

What is the point in all these perception timeframes on the reaction page if they can't be used in any given circumstance?
Seems kind of redundant, doesn't it?

They're used for tiering characters when movement cannot be calculated or gives underwhelming results, that's it. Say, a character is able to perceive a bullet flying towards them, but does absolutely nothing about it for whatever reason, that's what the page is for. But Purgy is right here.

There is no "hiding" in this whatsoever. Most of those feats (which are calculable) do have calcs. I'm not using the results of it. Most characters are doing things that would be impossible, and some of them directly states to be able to react to electricity.
There is, you're either blatantly lying or just clueless.
The timeframe is direcly stated.
The distance is directly given. (>2km)

This isn't a Wiki calc, which does rely on assumptions, and methods.
This is the manga itself giving the information. The fact that the Dragon Dive crossed 2km in the timeframe given by the manga is a literal indicator of Hypersonic speed. Exposition is not the only way to convey information.
You're using a given timeframe and distance to find the speed, that is literally just a calculation... Like... How can you even argue against that? You might as well argue that the Earth is flat next.
It was already accepted under the Wiki's rules, and was also discussed in a thread. Literally the people who understands these rules better than us said it was valid.
Again, I have no knowledge of that calc or the verse itself, so stop bringing it up in posts to me, I can't argue with you on something I have no knowledge on.

So, even if a character is implied multiple times to have consistent X reaction speed, or even with a direct statement implying Hypersonic reaction, the timeframe cannot be used in any shape, way or form?
Even if it's perfectly plausible that this was what the author was going for?
Even though it doesn't contradict anything?

That's rough. It's rather weird how the wiki have been taking a more "case-by-case" approach to a lot of rules it had before, but there's not a case being made for this particular subject.

There is, you're either blatantly lying or just clueless.
Lying? Absolutely not.
Clueless? Maybe, but provide evidence for such.
Cheetu? Did not use the Mach 18 result for a specific time, I just said it would require at least baseline Hypersonic speed for it to be somewhat possible.
You're using a given timeframe and distance to find the speed, that is literally just a calculation... Like... How can you even argue against that? You might as well argue that the Earth is flat next.
I said it wasn't a wiki calc, the type of calc listed in the calculation page.
But still, Hypersonic Dragon Dive is not up for debate, it's literal information given by the Manga, you're just trying to disprove it because it wasn't done by exposition.

Again, I have no knowledge of that calc or the verse itself, so stop bringing it up in posts to me, I can't argue with you on something I have no knowledge on.
The context is literally in the calculation, could you not read for like, 20 seconds?

Slayers consistently react to sound-based attacks, so transonic reaction speed was used for the timeframe.

So, even if a character is implied multiple times to have consistent X reaction speed, or even with a direct statement implying Hypersonic reaction, the timeframe cannot be used in any shape, way or form?
Even if it's perfectly plausible that this was what the author was going for?
Even though it doesn't contradict anything?
Yeah. I don't disagree it's a bit weird, but it avoids inflation.

Yeah. I don't disagree it's a bit weird, but it avoids inflation.
Yeah, but, there will be cases where the inflation doesn't happen, so shouldn't it be a case-by-case thing?
And this is promoting the use of a timeframe lower than the actual calculated speed, so it will hardly promote any sort of inflation...
I'm not arguing against the notion you provided, or in favor of the approval of this post, I'm just explaining the circumstances and giving my opinion.

Well, I knew it was probably going to end up in a situation similar to this, but yeah, worth a shot.

Like, if we actually give reasoning in-calc, is it usable?

"X character consistently reacted to Sound Attacks in 15 different instances and it was never contradicted, so I will use transonic reactions for the timeframe."

Yeah, but, there will be cases where the inflation doesn't happen, so shouldn't it be a case-by-case thing?
And this is promoting the use of a timeframe lower than the actual calculated speed, so it will hardly promote any sort of inflation...
I'm not arguing against the notion you provided, or in favor of the approval of this post, I'm just explaining the circumstances and giving my opinion.

Well, I knew it was probably going to end up in a situation similar to this, but yeah, worth a shot.
I mean for what it's worth, I don't think it's too insane and you argued your case well, I just think it's better for the rule to stay as it is.

Back