• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hi, so I was just a little bit concerned about how we scale using the concept of Toon Force on this wiki.

The main offender here for this thread being Total Drama, where characters seem to get Attack Potencies in the realms of Town level, for merely being able to get an 'Ow' out of characters who have perfomed feats such as these

While this scaling would usually be fine regarding Newton's Third Law, when you consider that these feats are the work of Toon Force, a hypothetically busted power that allows for the breaking of physics based purely on whether it is played for gags based on cartoons of old, It becomes hard to quantify that towards actually real-life Physics that we use to scale characters.

Total Drama is most definitely a Toon Force verse, and while I cant deny the durability feats that all the characters are legit and consistent, their AP matching this is limiting. And that got me thinking, Is it really okay to scale characters based on whom they hurt with mild gag attacks like a punch, if said character relies on Toon Force for their best durability feats which actively goes against anything reality stands for in the sake of being funny for the audience?

The characters in Total Drama, while toon characters, are still portrayed as average teenage humans (albeit to superhuman levels, just not on the level of Town level) in context of the series, so it feels a little wild trying to scale them to durability feats that have solely relied on the character's Toon Force than any genuine ability (since they are clearly hurt by inferior means, and it varies in showings). Toon Force characters will obviously vary in what they find painful given their cartoonish nature

This isn't just about Total Drama though, I'd like to question how we approach scaling Toon Force to AP and Durability via Newton's Third Law (or any other physics concept applicable), since it seems to be quite common on this wiki

The main method i'm brainstorming is actively mentioning Toon Force within Attack Potency and Durability sections of pages, and whether certain feats are applicable only to the character's Toon Force (which as we know, is an inconsistent power measure that can make a character look weak, or look strong on the fly), and try to withhold how we scale character's based on these Toon Force qualities. I also don't think we should apply Third Law when matching these characters AP and Durability (and Striking Strength ig), and only give them stats based on named Toon Force feats separately that they've performed both offensively, and what they've tanked

This was a bit of a rushed thread since i'm busier later today, but i couldn't hold this thought in and wanted to know people's thoughts. I know this would have major implications on quite a lot of Cartoon verses...

Last edited:
Back