• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokita Ohma vs Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) - The Fire Within

So yeah Scorpion definitely has the advantage at range, which means Ohma would try to close the distance as fast as possible.

In which case his best bet is gonna be Redirection and the Combined Katas

The problem with closing the distance is... Doesn't Scorpion have teleportation?

He can be predicted. The guy will likely make a pattern subconsciously even if he tries to mix it up. Also I mean Scorpion is still partial to going into CQC like just about everyone in MK even Erron does last I checked

Yeah if they go into melee range and Scorpion's fire can't immediately immolate Ohma, he'd be able to slowly gain the advantage, so it probably depends on how powerful his fire would be and if he'd be able to catch Ohma by surprise with it.

Scorpion's fire is weirdly inconsistent. It's at its most lethal when his opponents are weakened. He was able to fully incinerate Bi-Han at the end of their fight when the latter was severely injured. Also burning his opponent until only a skeleton remains is Scorpion's brutality/fatality.

Mkay, so overall I'll give my vote to Ohma. If Scorpion doesn't manage to put him down at the beginning of the fight (which he already has the tools to prevent) Ohma's advantage will only grow as the fight goes on.

Scorpion's fire is weirdly inconsistent. It's at its most lethal when his opponents are weakened. He was able to fully incinerate Bi-Han at the end of their fight when the latter was severely injured. Also burning his opponent until only a skeleton remains is Scorpion's brutality/fatality.
It's not inconsistent, that's just how fire works. If you keep something on a source of fire it will eventually be cooked, and then burned, and even incinerated under certain circumstances. Same goes for Scorpion, he incinerates his opponents completely by continuously spitting fire at them. Any other application will just burn his opponent.

It's not inconsistent, that's just how fire works. If you keep something on a source of fire it will eventually be cooked, and then burned, and even incinerated under certain circumstances. Same goes for Scorpion, he incinerates his opponents completely by continuously spitting fire at them. Any other application will just burn his opponent.
Yeah the reason I thought that way is that during matches, the opponent will just get burned and lose a large portion of their health, only to stand up and look perfectly clean. Then they die to the same move when they're low on health even when you avoid burning them through the entire match. That's mostly my gripe but I guess your reasoning makes sense

Last edited:
Yeah the reason I thought that way is that during matches, the opponent will just get burned and lose a large portion of their health, only to stand up and look perfectly clean. Then they die to the same move when they're low on health even when you avoid burning them through the entire match. That's mostly by gripe but I guess your reasoning makes sense
I'm also not talking about gameplay btw. Sometimes I'd use gameplay feats/mechanics sparingly if there's not much story elements to explain it, but here I'm not using it at all.

If Scorpion's hellfire is hot enough to turn someone/something to ashes, then it should be hotter than normal fire. Not to mention that his powers can heat metal in seconds just by touching it. That combined with his AP should significantly damage him with just his normal applications (fireballs and aura as an example)

I'm also not talking about gameplay btw. Sometimes I'd use gameplay feats/mechanics sparingly if there's not much story elements to explain it, but here I'm not using it at all.

If Scorpion's hellfire is hot enough to turn someone/something to ashes, then it should be hotter than normal fire. Not to mention that his powers can heat metal in seconds just by touching it. That combined with his AP should significantly damage him with just his normal applications (fireballs and aura as an example)
Okay that's reasonable. But does Scorpion's fire attack have feats of killing someone equal to him (Basically just someone who's not a jobber) who wasn't injured or incapacitated in some way?

It's not about whether his hellfire can only kill weaker characters or characters who were softened up. Being beaten up doesn't make you more susceptible to burning damage, like how it would require the same temperature to incinerate a living person or their corpse. As for his hellfire's potency, he wouldn't be High 8-C in the first place if he can't harm those on his level with his hellfire.

Now Ohma has Analytical Prediction and pretty potent Information Analysis, is there any reason why Ohma can't just predict where Scorpion is gonna teleport?

It's not a very decisive ability considering what Scorpion can also do in-character. He might be able to block and counter accordingly against Scorpion's melee attacks, but his martial arts isn't the only thing he relies on.

He may predict Scorpion teleporting towards him to attack, expecting a physical blow, but Scorpion can mix up his powers so that he doesn't always rely on melee all the time. Instead of receiving an attack after the teleportation, he makes it so that the teleportation is the attack itself when he blasts him upon arrival. As in he releases hellfire when he arrives in the place he teleports to, and he can appear next to him so that he can take the full blast.

So that would be another thing for Ohma to adapt to (assuming it doesn't quickly dispatch him), and would potentially counter Redirection Kata if Scorpion figures that out. Meaning all Ohma'd have going for him is Flame Kata, ironically.

Kengan CRT incoming tomorrow, massive upgrades and downgrades unfortunately. Ohma scaling will be discussed, so he'll either stay where he is or he'll be 8-A minimum.

Back