• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokita Ohma vs Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) - The Fire Within

Well watched Kengan on Netflix, was pretty damn cool and like the best 3D anime I've seen. Let's go I guess

Speed is equalised. Scorpion is High 8-C. Unrestricted Ohma is being used. SBA otherwise

The Asura: 4

Get Over Here!: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Gotcha, that's not even 2x from what I can tell outside of amps etc. So Scorpions main style of fighting is generally using teleport/portal spamming to strike at his opponent from afar or from unexpected angles mainly

Errrr Scorpion does have his organs and stuff, he's an undead revenant but I don't see self sustenance or anything like that so Idk here

Well in Aftermath we do get a peek of an undead revenant's insides from the scene where revenant Sindel gets resurrected, and it shows that most of their organs are discolored and inactive, including the heart.

So it'll probably take Ohma a bit longer to start figuring out Scorpion's moves, but once he does his katas will be helpful in dealing with most of Scorpion's moves.

How skilled is Scorpion? Because Ohma at this point is insane so I don't know if Scorpion really has a means of getting past Niko style if he's planning to just use martial arts.

If I recall correctly from watching MK9, he can use his chains pretty skillfully at range, but Ohma can counter that with Flame Kata and has dealt with Inaba's hair whips, who was at least comparable to Scorpion in terms of how skillfully he used them.

So about 1.5 tons. Scorpion has a sizeable strength advantage, but the katas should help with that. And Demonbane would still work as a trump card, as would Chi Blockage.

Hoo boy, alright. (Keep in mind Unrestricted Ohma uses all of these in-character)

Without getting into specific techniques,

Adamantine Kata is focused on maximizing attack and defense with precise muscle control. It can be used to increase the density of the muscles instantly, allowing the user to tank attacks with greatly reduced damage or boost the power of their strikes far beyond their weight class, and masters of it can continue moving extremities even with their bones broken.

Flame Kata uses movement techniques to maximize agility and fake out the opponent by creating afterimages, dodging at such small intervals that the user appears intangible, and accelerating instantly to throw off prediction users.

Redirection Kata is exactly what it sounds like, can predict, redirect, and reflect attacks. Ohma at this point can redirect entire barrages of attacks at once, and intercept projectiles that are faster than him. By redirecting their own body, users can also chain pretty much any move into a grapple or continue operating at full capacity even when low on stamina.

And Water Kata uses unconventional holds to snap apart limbs, break necks, and strangle the opponent. At full mastery, it can be used to do so even with the user's own broken limbs.

Not to mention Ohma at this point can perfectly combine these katas together.

So what exactly is a kata in his verse? When I read through his notable techniques, I assumed that they were thought-based, non-contact hax but that sounded wrong for a verse that relies on martial arts and is quite down to earth/mundane.

I'm not sure I understand the question exactly.

They're contact-based martial arts techniques, yes. He has no outright supernatural abilities, it's all abilities that are just massively exaggerated versions of real-life techniques.

The question I was asking was about kata in Kenganverse, like what the hell is a kata in their verse? I know that kata irl is just a series of choreographed moves and stances for practicing martial arts but idk how does that apply in that verse when it's used for offensive purposes rather than for practice.

I'm going to assume that they're just fancy names for martial art techniques judging by the profiles.

But yeah Scorpion has the strength advantage and the teleportation would be a big advantage early on

But Ohma has the skill advantage and theoretically seems to have counters for Scorpion's moves if he gets the hang of predicting his teleports.

How varied are Scorpion's teleports? Because if I recall correctly he tends to go for the whole "teleports behind you" trick, which Ohma should be able to counter fairly easily.

Last edited:
Yeah fr the whole Musashi arc was basically smth out of Jojo lol

I know Scorp's done teleports from behind, think he can emerge from the ground and stuff too will need to double check. BFR to Netherrealm can also be a thing as iirc it has passive corruption and transmutation tho it requires him grabbing u with his hands.

Adamantine Kata is focused on maximizing attack and defense with precise muscle control. It can be used to increase the density of the muscles instantly, allowing the user to tank attacks with greatly reduced damage or boost the power of their strikes far beyond their weight class, and masters of it can continue moving extremities even with their bones broken.
Unless this is a significant boost in all physical stats that allows him to do a good amount of damage to Scorpion given the gap in AP between them, then I don't think it would help much especially when most of Scorpion's attacks can be wreathed in hellfire.
Flame Kata uses movement techniques to maximize agility and fake out the opponent by creating afterimages, dodging at such small intervals that the user appears intangible, and accelerating instantly to throw off prediction users.
Afterimages and acceleration work best when the user has a speed advantage especially in reaction and combat speed. Seeing how Scorpion's speed is leagues above what is rated on Ohma's profile, this technique really wouldn't work on him even with speed unequal.
Redirection Kata is exactly what it sounds like, can predict, redirect, and reflect attacks. Ohma at this point can redirect entire barrages of attacks at once, and intercept projectiles that are faster than him. By redirecting their own body, users can also chain pretty much any move into a grapple or continue operating at full capacity even when low on stamina.
Dunno about this one, but I can't deny that this looks like a good advantage that Ohma has in this fight.
And Water Kata uses unconventional holds to snap apart limbs, break necks, and strangle the opponent. At full mastery, it can be used to do so even with the user's own broken limbs.
Grapples get countered by teleportation, which Scorpion can activate without any body movement. Grappling him probably doesn't bode well for Ohma if Scorpion decides to explode or use his phasing to escape or go through him which would end up burning him in the process either way.

Last edited:
Hellfire would be a huge problem yes. Pretty much totally cripples Adamantine and Water in usefulness.

Flame kata isn't speed-based, it's optical illusions and movement efficiency, so it should still work. Ohma regularly uses it against people who are comparable or even slightly faster than him.

Yeah Redirection and Flame are gonna be his best bet but now the odds are significantly more even.

Some of the combined katas might help. Combining Redirection and Water allows him to launch a barrage of attacks with unpredictable trajectories, and of course Demonsbane would work as a trump card.

Having gotten back into MK recently can say Scorp relies a lot on teleporting and flinging his chain weapon around but he's also a dab hand with a blade too iirc

Flame kata isn't speed-based, it's optical illusions and movement efficiency, so it should still work. Ohma regularly uses it against people who are comparable or even slightly faster than him.
Flame kata depends on afterimages if I'm reading it correctly. Plus optical illusions are mostly based on quick movements to hide something from the viewer, which is less effective in speed equalized. You can't make a card disappear in your hands if you aren't quick enough. Also afterimages are a result of someone not being to perceive a fast moving object properly, not to mention the POV of the viewer can make it effective or less effective.

Hmm okay, but based on what's been told to me, this seems to be effective on Scorpion's short range attacks like punches and kicks as well as his shorter ranged sword/spear attacks, but not his powers or his long range melee attacks especially when he uses his spear like a whip.

The only thing that might help with the spear is Flowing Edge, but depending on how skilled Scorpion is with his whipping attacks he might be able to counter that

Well Scorpion isn't just a typical whip user who simply cracks the whip and waits for it to hit the opponent. He can easily redirect the trajectory of his spear even after it's swung by striking it with his own body, usually when it misses or if he wants to fake an attack.

For example, Scorpion would swing his spear in a downward circular motion. Opponent A predicts this and blocks it coming from above, but Scorpion kicks the spear in another direction (let's say Scorp aims for his lower torso) and the spear does not reach a full circle but instead it shoots towards the opponent's legs which the opponent fails to predict. This only works for short ranged spear attacks because Scorpion doesn't have super long legs or arms. It's from one of his combo animations if I'm not mistaken.

As for Flowing Edge, Scorpion being able to send the spear back at Ohma even if he deflects makes it a ping pong match except they're playing with a sharp object. But it's still not a good thing to hold onto Scorpion's spear because he can send hellfire through them, which Ohma can definitely see coming and force him to let go, setting them back to neutral.

So yeah Scorpion definitely has the advantage at range, which means Ohma would try to close the distance as fast as possible.

In which case his best bet is gonna be Redirection and the Combined Katas

Back