• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru's power

How could level 5s in the series are underestimated so much while Kanzaki is so strong??

Level 5s of science side are the counterpart of Saints of magic side. Kanzaki is a saint, she is 7-A while Accelerator is just 7-B, Misaka, Mugino and Sogiita are even worst (8-B).

Lets see the power of a saint like Kanzaki: she can killed an evil dragon which can swallowed an entire mountain but that doesn't means she is at that level. Since so far in the series, she doesn't shown us anything to prove that she is capable of destroying a whole mountain or anything.

Level 5 Misaka Mikoto: can fire anything made from Iron even satelite or rocket in the space and
Misaka destroy a satelite
Misaka destroys a satelite by punching a rocket using her ability to turn that rocket into her rail gu

her railgun need to be at the level of High Hypersonic to High Hypersonic+(about mach 47 to mach 100) to do that and a big rocket like that is about 2 tons weight. At that level Misaka should be in 7-B or more right?
Level 5 Mugino Shizuri: can shoot beam of electrons but since electron's weight is nearly 0, she can shoot her beams with the speed of light and 20 beams at her limit doesn't count silicon burn. Her beams are also extremely hot which can easily melt through thick metal walls. Therefore, if she is in high place like in a plane or something, she can easily spread her beams and destroy a large city at least(speed of light + melt metal). https://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Mugino

First of all Railgun S last arc is Non-canon anime-original. Second of all, Level 5 (with the exception of revived Kakine, post headshot Accel and Gunha) are nothing more than glorified guinea pigs, they aren't even remotely close to being equal to saints. There is a canon fight between Saint and Mikoto, with her only getting a draw with the saint Bruhildr because Bruhildr was not using any magic, using pure physical strength.

There is this magical thing called the calculation limit and personal reality, which means level 5's are not treated as actual high-tier combatants. Hell Aleister keep them more as a pet project, and leave the actual fighting against Magic side to his trusted Kihara family.

Also railgun have canon speed, which is mach 3, stated again and again in the source. High Priest even considered her complete dead weight in his chase fight with Touma.

Gunha, post headshot Accel, and Kakine can put up a fight with saints, but even than they are on the weaker side. Kanzaki was deflecting city-busting wings at a speed of 100 attacks per second. So no, science side do not rely on Level 5 to contribute to the actual fight, they have the Kihara family and Hard Science handle that side.

Dont forget accel can tank wings attack from gabriel and kazakiri than can destroy city in one swing. Even accel can tank ten shoot of gabriel sweep. And kakine have infinite support of his dark matter that really hard to kill him

I also wonder why accel isnt high 6A instead. He able to borrow earth rotation force without single fatigue in his base form. Also, my interpetation about accel power is manipulate vector direction & its magnitude as long he can calculate. 7B is too underwhelming for someone who able slow down earth rotation by 5 minute even if it says "borrow" earth force.

On the mugino part she has range on the beam they are not infinite as they relay on her A.I.M (not aim)

@Makina Yuki

for now we count him by highest feat, and he is high 6A

But at least, Mugino should be higher than 8-B. I think she should be at least 8-A, since she could shoot 20 beams and if she uses silicon cards, destroying multiple city blocks is not so hard. She destroyed a tank in long range with her power so using power at this level is OK right??

That's why I'm confused. She is shown to be at 7-C or higher but she is still judged at 8-B that's why I think 8-A is maybe better.

she has durability negation, potentially she is more power full than misaka so u could power scale from her but fact it's that just the potential, she never used it (and doesn't need to)

Yeah I agree. Since Mugino's beams are too hot that can even melt thick metal walls easily, she can melt Misaka's railgun, metal or iron sand and forcefield maybe. If she fights Kanzaki, she could easily create barrier and melt all ropes of Kanzaki's . That's why I think she should be 7-C or higher.

Back