• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Toaru] Othinus MFTL+ attack speed with Crossbow

This might've been suggested before, but I guess I'll find out.

Proposal: Othinus should have Massively FTL+ attack speed with her Crossbow in her second and third keys.

Reasoning: Eternal acceleration from one end of the universe to another gets you a MFTL+ projectile.
In the end, the world was her crossbow.

As soon as Kamijou Touma realized that, ten pieces of destruction rained down from the
heavenly dome above.

What exactly could this be compared to?

Perhaps a super-long railgun that targeted someone on the planet's surface after eternal
acceleration using straight guiderails stretching from one end of the universe to the other.

Perhaps a singularity weapon that created destruction unexplainable with Newtonian
physics by directly messing with the smallest particles dealing with mass and motion such
as the bosons and the Higgs particle.

In all likelihood, expressing it with words was meaningless.

Even if one gathered everything that could be expressed with words, it was unlikely one
could shoot down that crossbow.

It merely hit.

"...!!!???"

Kamijou Touma leaped to the side with all his strength.

...The first shot fell vertically from the heavens.

It held the destructive power needed to easily wipe out a planet or two, but it was beyond
the point of creating anything like a crater. This was no different from a rifle bullet fired
with the initial velocity of a sniper rifle piercing glass without breaking it. The arrow had
been fired with such great speed that it pierced the pitch black ground without waiting for
the impact to propagate.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 9 Chapter 8 Part 8
Additional confirmation: The 10th arrow flies to the farthest reaches of the universe after piercing Touma.
Time stopped.

He was too slow to react.

By the time he heard a dull sound, the final arrow had already been absorbed into his
chest and accurately targeted his heart.

This was nothing as kind as piercing or breaking him.

In the instant of impact, Kamijou Touma's body was smashed to pieces from the chest
down. As his heart continued to writhe in midair, the tip of the arrow caught it and blasted
it to the farthest reaches of that world.
The fight took place in Othinus' phase-shifted Black World which didn't contain any planets or stars, so world does mean universe in this context.

Proposal: Othinus' current instantaneous attack speed should be given a description that it's done through reality warping. You can see how it'd look in the sandbox provided below.

Reasoning: It's confusing if the instantaneous attack speed doesn't have the source of the attack listed since it could be misinterpreted for the wrong attack.

Here's the Sandbox.

Agree: Aseka, FantaRin_The_First, RizQ, DontTalkDT[Staff], Rez, Doggo, Emirp sumitpo[Staff]

Disagree:​

Neutral:​

Last edited:
Reactions: Rez
Seems reasonable, because Black World doesn't have anything on it. Black World indeed a universe itself.

Wonder how this was missed before in the pass... Anyhow, I agree with this, and have to state Touma's precog is broken as shit if he can actually defend against it (somewhat)

Seems ok. For the edit the speed should mention the reasoning, though.
I don't know what description is best to describe it. I just added, (Her arrows cross to the farthest reaches of the universe in a short time frame)

Could the Crossbow spell be added to her first key as well or should it be omitted? If it can be added to her first key, would I add the description, (Her arrows cross to the farthest reaches of the universe in a short timeframe, but the spell only has a 50% chance of success and a 50% chance of it backfiring), similar to the description used for her 50/50 High 1-C AP?
The sandbox is updated to reflect the potential changes listed in this comment.

I also made some grammar changes:
  • [Speed section] Poassibly > Possibly
  • [Speed section] very weakening fast > weakening very fast
  • [Stamina section] weakened > weakening
  • [Technique section] Othinus Crossbow > Othinus' Crossbow
  • [P&A section] Removed the word "the" after energy projection | (via the Othinus' Crossbow spell) > (via Othinus' Crossbow spell)
  • [P&A section] Trascendental > Transcendental
  • [Technique section for Gungnir] s > As

[Off-topic]
How would one get the spinoff manga, Toaru Kagaku no Dark Matter and Toaru Kagaku no Mental Out, added to the Main Canon? It's not stated to be canon or non-canon in Toaru's general page.
Are they already presumed to be canon but not updated, or is there a specific reason why they would be non-canon?

Last edited:
To answer your question about the two other spin-off... Am pretty sure that they are canon, it is just nobody bothered to edit them in.

Which, to be honest, is an issue for the ToAru Vs Page in itself. Not much attention given to 'em, and lacking information in pages.

For example, Touma doesn't have Social Influencing (despite him talking to people and causing them to change - not to mention, his harem-protagonist ability), Fear Manip (Hyouka. Enough said), and [Limited] Non-Physical Interaction w/ Imagine Breaker ([possibly] negating stuff like his luck - which, tbh, should granted him supernatural luck as well since that also covers bad luck - and the fact that he can grab supernatural stuff and disrupt 'em).

Should we add MFTL+ reaction speed to TMG? Because they far superior than Othi and it's impossible for them cannot react to her crossbow.

Wouldn't that lead to Aleister [and Coronzon, by extension] also gaining MFTL+ reactions as well, due to him "fighting" them in that state or am I mistaken?

Eternal acceleration from one end of the universe to another gets you a MFTL+ projectile.
How does that get you a MFTL+ projectile? You could accelerate forever and still not reach lightspeed in theory.

Should we add MFTL+ reaction speed to TMG? Because they far superior than Othi and it's impossible for them cannot react to her crossbow.
How is that impossible? Seeing how MGs can also teleport and stuff I doubt they generally have reactions on the level of each others techniques.
How does that get you a MFTL+ projectile? You could accelerate forever and still not reach lightspeed in theory.
True. I think it's more the bit about using the universe as a crossbow to shoot arrows from one end to the other that matters.

Poke Nah, I think Aseka just mistyped, and actually intended for something along the lines of it being impossible for the rest of the Magic Gods to not scale to Othinus' crossbow attacks considering that they are superior to her and all.

Then I'll use it as supporting evidence. The second scan still stands.

Wouldn't that lead to Aleister [and Coronzon, by extension] also gaining MFTL+ reactions as well, due to him "fighting" them in that state or am I mistaken?
No to both, and I'm not interested in that.
Please don't derail the thread with this topic. I'm not trying to have anyone scale to this. I'm only looking to add this feat to Othinus' profile.

Will get some mods to look at this thread. BTW, I noticed in Othinus's speed section that it says she can react in 10 nanoseconds, which comes from this. Idk if it is valid or not, but you should change it to Relativistic perception in your sandbox in order to fit with the current standards for reactions as said here.... Well, I am off in my attempts to get a mod to look at this.

Good catch. I changed the perception speed in the sandbox, but I'm not sure if I formatted it correctly.

Perception should be changed to reaction as she can react to actions in 10 nanoseconds and not just perceive 'em. Perception is just perceiving something but not actually being able to act on it.

Hmm. I see your point, but I'm pretty sure the explosion creation is a thought-based action, not a movement one, which could fall under perception speed. I'll wait for more input on this.

This topic makes me wonder if she has MFTL+ perception speed for perceiving her own arrows and changing their trajectories mid-flight.
...The sixth and seventh shots scraped across Othinus’s shoulders.

The two arrows were fired from behind her and they collided in midair before reaching
him. With a tremendous explosive noise, the two arrows’ trajectories changed complexly.

Perception Speed​

The timeframe it takes for a character to notice an event or reaction. But crucially, this does not grant any movement; at most, it allows the user to activate a thought-based ability.

Edit: I’ll stick with the easy straightforward addition.

Last edited:
Back