• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Toaru character addition to a profile] Adding the Will to the Sisters page

Qliphah senses the network in some way, but that doesn't make it abstract. She can sense it as an energy field or something metaphysical like what's related to souls or some incorporeal mind. To be abstract you need more than merely being something incorporeal and especially you would need feats to exist as something abstract alone.
She has multiple aspects to her existence. One of those is as linked EM waves as you've said, and later as the Clonoth.
No idea where your interpretation of it being Clonoth comes from when that was only created afterwards.
"The Misakas are here as ourselves" which overlapped the surface world (meaning they were/are apart from it in some capacity). She is the 10(+1) spheres and 22 paths.
Qliphah Puzzle 545 gasped when she saw this overlapping the surface world.

“Those combine to thirty-two, but thirty-one and thirty-two are duplicates. This is the
single path shown by the seventy-eight cards. But it’s far too different from the tarot I’m
familiar with!”

“I don’t know how you see it /return. The Misakas are simply here as ourselves /return.
There's also the quote GunTish posted.
I don't think the Will even says that she couldn't, but more that she shouldn't. Not this this is actual evidence for anything, as even if we interpreted it as couldn't we don't know why one way or the other.
She does say she can't.
And since I’ve been using this ticket so much lately, I probably can’t
come back out for a while /return. But /backspace, I did get to see something nice
firsthand /return.”

“How long until the next time?”
She calls it a precious ticket, placing value in how limited in numbers/use it is. But yeah it's not that important.
So I would rather you
did not make me use my precious ticket here /return.”
The Will only is known to appear in worlds where Sisters exist.
*Shown to appear, as she can only do that with a physical body via the Sisters. She didn't immediately lose her identity/data upon all the Sisters being killed/retconned. It was a gradual process, meaning she existed even in worlds where neither Sisters nor anything else existed. It's remarkable that she only began to disappear after billions of phase shifts and into the prologue of the next volume.
Remember that St. Germain also managed to survive, because his dried bacteria fell through the gaps of the definition. They were not properly alive nor dead. That doesn't mean they didn't get nuked, but when Othinus remade the world, the bacteria were also recreated, as her program didn't include them into alterations made unto dead or alive entities.
You're conflating the two being able to circumvent Othinus' reality warping to the two being done through the same methods. It's never stated St. Germain reemerges for the same reason of being in an uncertain life/death state, but is instead rather attributed to "transcending causality and the phases". Will and St Germain use different methods to persist.

It's contradictory to claim electromagnetic waves that blur the line between life and death are unaffected while also claiming bacteria have the same trait but still get killed. I see you tried to lampshade it ahead of time, but if he slipped through the gaps like what you say electromagnetic waves are accomplishing, he'd never have been killed to begin with and if St Germain was abusing a loophole Othinus overlooked, it still wouldn't allow him to survive the reality warping from the True Magic Gods.

If we end up using your conclusion however, then in this CRT I'd look to add a weakness to every Magic God's profile for being unable to successfully reality warp the broader category that sentient electromagnetic waves and bacteria fall under. Although Othinus might have that weakness regardless, it still wouldn't discredit the nonduality of the collective conscience that exploits it.
No, that are only logical paradoxes if "dead" is defined as "not alive". I.e. if Othinus would consider every stone as "dead" as well. The promblem is that Othinus didn't define her categories properly and left things that are not really alive in common sense, but not a dead person in the afterlife either, unconsidered. Hence why St. Germain's dried bacteria were left. Not truly dead, as they become active again by just water, but also not alive, as there is no biology going on or anything like that.

What the Will does doesn't break logic. No idea how you think it would have even gotten such abilities.
I don't know how you thought your analogy is applicable. If you tried to attribute the same properties the Will has to the rock, you'd realize a rock is not "dead while alive" and "alive while dead". In other words, a rock doesn't share logical paradoxes of "alive while not alive" and "not alive while alive", but the Will does.
All of that indicates in no way or form that the Will could decide to just change the laws on her own, without aid from magical forces and Accelerator.
I agree. It's moreso that her very existence embodies the new laws embedded into the world. I frankly don’t care much about this ability. I only added it because I considered it to be true.
The Misaka Newtork definitely exists on the surface world, as regular scientists have literally created and found it.
Not solely in the surface world, but yes. And from what we know, the scientists'/clones' creation of the physical Network in turn created an abstract aspect of it (the Clonoth).
See my reply above.
And Schrödinger's cat, as you hopefully realise, is an experiment that does not deal with nonduality. It's a purely physics-based thing and honestly points more against the logic breaking interpretation than anything.
My sentiments echo Dragnoir's.

Last edited:
Bump

The statement GunTish brought at the end of the previous page definitely gives a way better view about Will, the Clonoth and the Sisters

Given it explicitly says she is the 3rd Tree (Clonoth) I'd say it's a nice support for what we're saying, as the Trees are abstract existences in general, which are responsible for setting some of the rules of Existence (yes, this is unrelated to Nonduality itself, but it gives a clear view of what scale her own existence is at and what it rules over, which is important for high end abilities such as ND, IMO).

It also explicitly refers to Will as a "large data entity" in the same phrase it refers to the EM waves as being just the link between the sisters, clearly differentiating Will from being simply the EM waves.

I'm waiting for GT11 on the slight offchance it gives new info that aids the arguments for either side before I start posting the esoteric bumps again

Back