• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Toaru character addition to a profile] Adding the Will to the Sisters page

I recommend anyone following this thread to not do that btw
Gonna do a fruitless bump ritual for the unforeseeable future

Found out Diamond is attributed to Kether due to how purely it shines and manifests the Infinite Light, which I found pretty cool. Maybe it relates to St Germain and CRC

The Rosicrucian and father of modern science, Francis Bacon, gotta be an antag in GT due to them being name dropped twice in NT22R and GT2.

Similarly, JVA's identity and a soul descending a fetus 90 days after pregnancy were both also explained in NT22R and made relevant in GT8.
“Think back, fool. I said they displayed hints of Magick, didn’t I? That is the Crowley brand
of magic.”

[...]

“Correct. Aleister theorized that what you could call a soul enters a baby’s body three
months after conception and he released a spell based on that theory. His theory
implies there is no soul there until the 90th day of pregnancy, so he thought you could
guide whatever soul you wanted into the body during that time. That would allow you to
give a physical body to a superhuman beast or spirit and then manage it as your own
child.”
And it would give Aleister a chance to use the techniques he inherited as a self-proclaimed reincarnation of Eliphas Levi.

Last edited:
Pictured: The éclair placed alongside THE NAME, following The Fall.
“Of course. My job is to fix the circulation. And that creates the next age. Once, the
majority of the Sephirah were under attack. If the Second Adam had not atoned with
blood, the world would not have lasted this long. And the critical clogs are all born of
knowledge.
“I see. You mean the flaming sword barrier.”

[...]

“In the Golden cabal, it is a symbol of the sword placed alongside the Tetragrammaton to
protect the top three Sephirah of the Sephiroth after the sin of Adam and Eve spread
across the world. It separates and cuts bonds in order to protect. Crowley’s equivalency
table explains exactly what kind of offensive power it provides. Your own student wrote
that, did he not?”

Last edited:
Alice uses the same physics as the Necronomicon.
83RZlaH.png

mBdPTeb.png

This could explain Qliphah's physiology and Anna's explanation when she attacks someone's paths. Maybe.
“Eastern martial arts are the best-known use of the lifeforce circulating through the body,”
said Anna like this was some kind of joke. It had probably only looked like she was kicking
a soccer ball. “But the Western Sephiroth also corresponds to the human body. It is
possible to focus on the channels connecting the spheres to throw a punch or a kick that
obstructs that flow of power. Hi-yah☆”

“Cough, ahh!!”

Shokuhou could not breathe. The blood vessels in her temples were throbbing, but that
was not the actual problem. She could tell that some more important and unseen
circulation had been obstructed.

“So it’s Kazakiri Hyouka, is that it? Damn. She might be a part of the Imaginary Number
District, but planting an artificial ego into her and aiding in her materialization? You must
be out of your mind.”
There was a boy with a right hand called Imagine Breaker.
It could be said to be the one menace to the Imaginary Number District.
And that threat created a self.
YubrlyF.png

One day I'll understand what they're on about

Being created from the brainwave network gathering the aggregated consciousnesses doesn't mean she isn't abstract. After all, the brainwave network created the metaphysical structure, Clonoth. So saying that the Will isn't abstract is tantamount to saying the Clonoth isn't a metaphysical structure.

It can't get any more blatant that her existence being defined by her full name, repeatedly. She's the Will of the Whole Misaka Network; she isn't the network itself. She fills and floats around in it.

• Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 06 Epilogue
More specifically, she's the will created by the aggregated consciousnesses and egos of 20,001 Sisters.

It seems like Misaka Network is also referred to as more than just brainwaves and as something metaphysical itself as well.
For example, I posted this already in my OP, but Qliphah perceives the Misaka Network as being the Clonoth Tree that overlaps the surface world. Someone like Misaka Mikoto would only see the network as EM waves however.

• Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 11
Why do you think the Will can't make frequent appearances? She just sucks at possessing Sisters?

• Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 10 Chapter 1 Part 6
The Misaka Network is again considered more than just simple brainwaves since it's impossible for it to have survived Othinus reality warping the world billions of times, especially since brainwaves are reliant on the Sisters being alive in the first place.

• Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 12 Chapter 3 Part 2
A supernatural contract with a demon also created a backdoor with the supposedly purely scientific brainwaves.

• Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 11
A will is a part of the mind, which is conserved in a mind network.

Qliphah senses the network in some way, but that doesn't make it abstract. She can sense it as an energy field or something metaphysical like what's related to souls or some incorporeal mind. To be abstract you need more than merely being something incorporeal and especially you would need feats to exist as something abstract alone. No idea where your interpretation of it being Clonoth comes from when that was only created afterwards.

I don't think the Will even says that she couldn't, but more that she shouldn't. Not this this is actual evidence for anything, as even if we interpreted it as couldn't we don't know why one way or the other.

The Will only is known to appear in worlds where Sisters exist. Remember that Othinus creates the worlds as copies, having a program alter them. When she recreates the world, a stone that was in it originally will be recreated with it. Same for other inorganic stuff, like a brainwave network. Remember that St. Germain also managed to survive, because his dried bacteria fell through the gaps of the definition. They were not properly alive nor dead. That doesn't mean they didn't get nuked, but when Othinus remade the world, the bacteria were also recreated, as her program didn't include them into alterations made unto dead or alive entities.

Magic affecting something scientific is in no way unique or meaningful.
"Alive while dead" and "dead while alive" is logically paradoxical. She breaks the laws on a scale that even High 1-C entities couldn't accomplish.
No, that are only logical paradoxes if "dead" is defined as "not alive". I.e. if Othinus would consider every stone as "dead" as well. The promblem is that Othinus didn't define her categories properly and left things that are not really alive in common sense, but not a dead person in the afterlife either, unconsidered. Hence why St. Germain's dried bacteria were left. Not truly dead, as they become active again by just water, but also not alive, as there is no biology going on or anything like that.

What the Will does doesn't break logic. No idea how you think it would have even gotten such abilities.
The invisible third tree is described as being able to be wielded by the whole. She's the one who grants Accelerator access for example.
We already know aspects and creations of the Misaka Network(such as Clonoth Tree) explicitly exist outside of the material universe and all its phases.

• Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 16
All of that indicates in no way or form that the Will could decide to just change the laws on her own, without aid from magical forces and Accelerator.
She's referred to as being in an unknown place when the physical universe had its contents completely overwritten through reality warping billions of times and stuff like phases and Pure World were already revealed. Additionally, like I stated earlier in this comment, the Misaka Network(which the Will floats around in) is seen as something metaphysical itself which hadn't existed in the surface world until Accelerator embedded it.
The Misaka Newtork definitely exists on the surface world, as regular scientists have literally created and found it.

It's directly stated the dead sisters are still part of Will. There is no way Will is made of their brain/electromagnetic waves if more than half of them aren't even alive.
They are not part of it in the sense that the Will has direct access to them in the afterlife. That would be a weird interpretation.
They are part of it in the sense that all their memories, thoughts and experiences remain in the hivemind.
It is, to the point it is even compared to Schrodinger's cat and we see it in practice "protecting" Will from the categories a Magic God used to categorize the world. Unless the page for Transduality is hiding some really important criteria this should be enough.
See my reply above.
And Schrödinger's cat, as you hopefully realise, is an experiment that does not deal with nonduality. It's a purely physics-based thing and honestly points more against the logic breaking interpretation than anything.

They are not part of it in the sense that the Will has direct access to them in the afterlife. That would be a weird interpretation.
And saying the Will is a bunch of brainwaves isn't a weird interpretation? I don't remember a single quote saying Will is that, Will isn't the Network, you're treating the two things like if they were the same.

They are part of it in the sense that all their memories, thoughts and experiences remain in the hivemind.
I think there's a quote that specifically says that some of the sisters still affected the Network AFTER their death, as in, sharing whatever they were thinking after death, but even without this specific quote, this one makes it clear she is a mix of both sides and you can't remove either or treat one as "sliced off".

IMO it's pretty simple, the connection that exists between the sisters is made by their electric powers, that much is true, but WILL herself isn't limited to being such a thing nor is she stated to be like that to my knowledge, the notion that Othinus of all people wouldn't be able to erase something made of electricity and you boiling her explicitly unnatural existence to "brainwaves" really surprises me.

See my reply above.
And Schrödinger's cat, as you hopefully realise, is an experiment that does not deal with nonduality. It's a purely physics-based thing and honestly points more against the logic breaking interpretation than anything.
First, what exactly do you mean by "logic breaking interpretation"?

Second, she isn't a Schrodinger Cat so I don't get your point, given that's not what the quote says nor implies, as I said above and in my previous post, she was just compared to a Schrodinger's Cat, she wasn't stated to be the same thing, the similar part between them being that both are in two opposite states simultaneously, but unlike the cat Will is an abstract being born from the mix of the consciousness of the alive and the dead sisters.

But tbh, I don't really care about this anymore, don't agree with type 1 nonduality? Nice, give her resistance to life and death hax, or are you gonna disagree with that too? Give her these resistances and incorporeality or whatever.

No idea where your interpretation of it being Clonoth comes from when that was only created afterwards.
The Misaka Network is the Clonoth.
Yes.
It had been with him from the very beginning.
It had been invisible, but it had been there supporting the strongest Level 5’s power.
It branched out into countless individuals, but it could be wielded as a single great whole.
The invisible third tree.
The large data entity constructed by the brains of the military clones linked by EM waves.
- NT22 Chapter 4 Part 16

Back