• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiny Brook addition (One Piece)

Really easy addition that shouldn't require much justification.

Pre-time skip Brook's speed is rated as Far Higher when using his technique: Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri.

and post time skip, we accept that Brook's speed increases from Relativistic to FTL using that move.

So obviously, this technique allows him to move far faster than his normal speed. Because of this, he should gain Limited Statistics Amplification (Speed) via that technique. This isn't anything new, just simply using what's already accepted on his profile.

Imo, this speed amp should also apply to all Brooks "Quick Draw" moves that use motions similar to Yahazu Giri, such as: Requiem la Banderole and Kasuriuta: Fubuki Giri.

Edit

During his fight with Zoro, Ryuma was able to move at similar speeds as Zoro's Iai technique using using Gavotte Bond en Avant

Because of this, I propose that Ryuma's and Brook's Gavotte techniques be considered a speed amp at the same level of Zoro's Iai slashes.

Last edited:
Think I agree

Definitely agree with this but 🤷‍♂️
I mean, his quick draw techniques were never shown to move at vastly different speeds. The difference between them is pretty much only that they all lead to different types of slashes, or some of them have different effects beforehand

Bro... this can be added. It isn't even something that needs a CRT tbh

i only made it a CRT since you said it needed one 😩

do you agree that this should apply to the rest of brook’s blitzing techniques, or only Yahazu Giri?

I mean, his quick draw techniques were never shown to move at vastly different speeds. The difference between them is pretty much only that they all lead to different types of slashes, or some of them have different effects beforehand
It did with ryuma against zoro i think, wait nevermind I'm talking about a different technique I think

Last edited:
Yahazu Giri, such as: Requiem la Banderole
These are the same technique I think 🤔
0462-006.png

Kasuriuta: Fubuki Giri.
agree with this

Requiem la Banderole is just Yahazu Giri utilizing a different slashing motion, so yeah, they're pretty much the same thing with different names.

However, I reread the Ryuma vs Brook fight, and apparently.....

Ryuma used Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri against Zoro, yet Zoro could still cut him before he could land his attack

How should this be handled? Does Zoro have speed amp? Or is the speed amp small enough that Zoro could still react to it? Since they were shown to be equal in speed for most of the fight.

Wait wtf-

If Zoro's Iai attacks are accepted as a boost in speed (Wich they apparently are, according to his profile) Then that should be listed in his P&A section to-
Limited stat Amp? Yee sure...

Is it really stat Amp tho 🤔 idk, it's just skill techniques that increase the speed, I guess it kinda is

Ye.

Brook and Ryuma should get limited Statistic Amplification for Gavotte Bond en Avant For matching Zoro's Iai attacks, and then presumably a greater speed amp for moves like Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri)

Zoro should get Limited Statistic Amplification for any of his Iai type attacks, And should have gotten that in his Alabasta saga key for blitzing Daz.

Ye.

Brook and Ryuma should get limited Statistic Amplification for Gavotte Bond en Avant For matching Zoro's Iai attacks, and then presumably a greater speed amp for moves like Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri)

Zoro should get Limited Statistic Amplification for any of his Iai type attacks, And should have gotten that in his Alabasta saga key for blitzing Daz.
Agree 👍

Alright so for justification.

Brook:

Limited Statistic Amplification (Speed, his Drawing techniques, alongside moves such as Gavotte Bond en Avant, drastically increase his speed)

Speed Justification

Relativistic (He was able to perceive Zoro's and Ryuma's movements when they fought whereas Franky could not, one of the faster characters in the crew and also fought Ryuma himself, though he lost), far higher with Gavotte Bond en Avant (possesses a similar speed increase as Zoro's Iai techniques) and Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri. | Relativistic (Faster than before), far higher with Gavotte Bond en Avant, at least FTL with Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri (Speed-blitzed Big Mom while she was in the middle of one of her cravings)

Instead of saying "with Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri", it could say something like with Drawing and Sheathing techniques instead, since the speed amp would apply to all of his attacks that use this principle.

Alright so for justification.

Brook:

Limited Statistic Amplification (Speed, his Drawing techniques, alongside moves such as Gavotte Bond en Avant, drastically increase his speed)

Speed Justification

Relativistic (He was able to perceive Zoro's and Ryuma's movements when they fought whereas Franky could not, one of the faster characters in the crew and also fought Ryuma himself, though he lost), far higher with Gavotte Bond en Avant (possesses a similar speed increase as Zoro's Iai techniques) and Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri. | Relativistic (Faster than before), far higher with Gavotte Bond en Avant, at least FTL with Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri (Speed-blitzed Big Mom while she was in the middle of one of her cravings)

Instead of saying "with Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri", it could say something like with Drawing and Sheathing techniques instead, since the speed amp would apply to all of his attacks that use this principle.
Looks good 👍

Or far higher with techniques? And the techniques are listed in power and abilities section but idk your proposal is good as well

Or far higher with techniques? And the techniques are listed in power and abilities section but idk your proposal is good as well
The thing is, Brook still has some techniques that don't amp his speed. Moves like Prelude: Au Fer and Polka Remise.

So listing it as with techniques may be a bit inaccurate, even if it covers a large portion of his kit.

The thing is, Brook still has some techniques that don't amp his speed. Moves like Prelude: Au Fer and Polka Remise.

So listing it as with techniques may be a bit inaccurate, even if it covers a large portion of his kit.
Well it doesn't say all techniques, just techniques... But I guess far higher with some techniques might work? Idk

Some techniques may be a bit vague? It's good to be specific here, IMO. Considering Speed amps are pretty important in Vs Matches.

But I mean at this point, if everyone accepts Gavotte Bond en Avant as a speed amp, then that means all of Brook's movement-based techniques are speed amps, with the only ones not being considered one just being his regular thrusting attacks and combination moves.

Personally can't consider Gavotte Bond en Avant on the same level. Zoro moved first and covered a good amount of distance.

Avant still moved a good amount of distance by the time they both completed their attacks though, both seemingly traveling across the room once their attacks were completed.

I can understand if you don't consider them purely equal, but the fact that they could clash in such a manner should put them in the same ballpark, no? SInce Ryuma was already equal to Base Zoro in speed.

Wait a minute

Did Zoro even move from his position???
They....both did? I think?

You can see shockwave lines on either side of him on the last panel, indicating the movement of the slash as he moved forward.

Meanwhile, Ryuma slammed his sword into the wall, meaning he would have had to travel across the room (Considering his back was against the wall on the first page)

This is the aftermath of their attacks if it helps any

Off topic but shouldn’t brook get some type of immunity to poison and disease manipulation because he doesn’t have flesh or blood?

im pretty sure youve got enough staff approval for such a small addition
The first part has long since settled yeah, lol.

At this point, I'm just trying to hash out if Brook's Gavotte Bond Avante can also be considered a Speed Amp similar to Zoro's Iai slashes. I just need more people to give a solid yes or no on that so I can just drop the subject.

Back