• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time to Celebrate the Upgrades: Twilight Sparkle vs Cell

Twilight Sparkle (Alicorn) vs Super Perfect Cell.

• Fight takes place in World of Void arena from the Universe Survival Arc
  • Bloodlusted for both sides
  • 4-B for both
  • They start 15 meters apart
  • Speed Equalized
  • Win by any means
Twilight Sparkle: (2)

Cell: (0)

Actually, I just realized that Twilight doesn't even need to land a hit on him, she can just blast any random rock with the "Want It, Need It Spell" and show it to him.

Cell has the advantage in combat skill & Regenerationn, and could possibly win with absorption, but Twilight has AP and hax. What does Twilight usually start with, hax-wise?

EMagoIorSouI said:
Cell has the advantage in combat skill & Regenerationn, and could possibly win with absorption, but Twilight has AP and hax. What does Twilight usually start with, hax-wise?
It's bloodlusted, so we can have her do anything within her abilities. Non-bloodlusted would probably go for transfiguration or crystallization, or a normal laser.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Alright, I'll use power null as a hypothesis first. How good is her power nullification?
Good enough to fail to dispell Discord's magic.

JK, that was probably because Discord was tier 4 while she wasn't.

She also has an AoE attack that freezes the opponent in place, but I don't think it was ever shown to stop teleportation, so Cell could escape with Instant Transmission. Althrough if she lands even a single hit on Cell, Cell either turns into an orange by "Apples-to-Oranges" or is put to sleep forever as a statue due to "Stone Sleep Spell".

Also, we never see her actually using the reform spell, but if it works like she says it does, she can just Cell into a good guy and be done with it. She could also teleport to prevent herself from being swallowed by his tail or go intangible. Or heck, just block his tail with a forcefield.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
She also has an AoE attack that freezes the opponent in place, but I don't think it was ever shown to stop teleportation, so Cell could escape with Instant Transmission.
Doesn't IT require you to put your fingers to your head and concentrate on a KI signature? The latter he could probably do since magic is outright called life force (or at least a form of it), but how's he going to put his fingers to his head while restrained?

Good enough to fail to dispell Discord's magic.

JK, that was probably because Discord was tier 4 while she wasn't.

Would Twilight's power null be this strong naturally? Being able to dispell an entire environment due to how certain she was? I guess it didn't work due to Discord resisting it.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Didn't Goku do it without the fingers when he KameHameHaed the shit out od Cell?
Forgot that. Did Goku ever make a point of focusing with his fingers when he intoruced it, or was it just unnecessary gesturization (Like how Discord can warp reality without snapping his fingers)?

Lightbuster30 said:
Paulo.junior.969 said:
She also has an AoE attack that freezes the opponent in place, but I don't think it was ever shown to stop teleportation, so Cell could escape with Instant Transmission.
Doesn't IT require you to put your fingers to your head and concentrate on a KI signature? The latter he could probably do since magic is outright called life force (or at least a form of it), but how's he going to put his fingers to his head while restrained?
In-combat? No. It helps certainly, but it definitely isn't a requirement It's just a sort of focus-helping thing.

Anyway, I think I'm going with Twilight right now. While Cell is more skilled, Twilight is slightly stronger and has many way to defeat Cell in a single hit; Instant Transmission and absorbtion could make things harder, but Twilight can teleport as well and has ways to evade his tail by either teleporting, blocking it with a forcefield or going intangible.

Cell could stop the effects of the stone sleep spell by cutting off his head or something before the stoning process fully spread over, thanks to his Regenerationn. Twilight also can't use the reforming spell since Discord ate the pages to it. The apples to oranges spell also didn't fully transform the bird it hit. It still had it's wings and could move. That being said, she at least has more versatility and a signifigant AP advantage. I'm uncertain, she is stronger and has versatility, which would help her out a lot. At the same time, while Cell might not be able to overpower or out hax her, he could win by either blinding her with Solar Flare and than absorbing her, or destroying the planet. It seems like it depends on who does what first.

The only worthwhile argument is Cell cutting off his own head, which will ultimately force him to regenerate and leaving Twilight can try again. No need for a reforming spell when she has the want it need it spell. That's not really a fair argument. The apples to oranges spell got interrupted by Pinkie Pie smashing into Twilight and breaking her concentration. On top of that: the bird wasn't even her target. The bird clearly got hit by a half-baked spell and that's why it wasn't fully transfigured.

I would like to point out that transfiguration spells are implied to be actually useful in neutralizing threats. Case in point: the Hydra. Twilight implied she would turn it into something harmless and the only reason she didn't was because she didn't know any spells like it. The problem wasn't a matter of transfiguration spells only "half transfiguring the target".

Of course, she can do transfiguration spells with a flick of the horn by this point and is skilled enough to give inanimate objects life.

As for Cell, Solar Flare requires the user placing their hands to their head. All Twilight has to do is aim her horn in his direction and fire near instantly, and she's pretty damned precise with that thing.

Decent points. I do doubt she would re-cast the stone spell right away though. If I were her, and I tried to use the stone spell on a creature and they cut off their head and started regenerating, should I really be expected to re-cast it on the head right away, or should I just be shocked at what I'm seeing? Granted, she will be ready to cast it twice next time, but he'll be ready for her spell next time too. Still, she does have the AP and versatility advantages. I will abstain for now.

BTW, I sent you a message apologizing for any hurt feelings from our previous discussions. It's on your wall. It also regards a question I have.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Decent points. I do doubt she would re-cast the stone spell right away though. If I were her, and I tried to use the stone spell on a creature and they cut off their head and started regenerating, should I really be expected to re-cast it on the head right away, or should I just be shocked at what I'm seeing? Granted, she will be ready to cast it twice next time, but he'll be ready for her spell next time too. Still, she does have the AP and versatility advantages. I will abstain for now.
BTW, I sent you a message apologizing for any hurt feelings from our previous discussions. It's on your wall. It also regards a question I have.
It's bloodlust, she's focused on eliminating the target, so I don't think she'll be staring in awe at his abilities. Of that's assuming she goes for the stone sleep spell instead of outright turning him into something else, which occurs as soon as the target is hit.

Bloodlusted? Didn't notice that. In that case, Cell's best bet is to either teleport her to space or destroy the planet. It all depends on who does what first. Her advantage is her extensive versatility, giving her more options.

Back