• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Eater vs Pegasus Seiya (GRACE)

seiyas key "uni+ normally, low multi at peak" is used and speed is equal
uni+ time-eater is used

time-eater: 7
Seiya: 2

incon:

Last edited:
Hmm. So the time eater doesn’t resist seiyas first move, but seiya resists the time eaters first. Does the time eater have any other win cons?

it seems like seiya wins here, since he one shots off the bat. But the time eater has a win con so it’s not a stomp

Ig but he doesn't start with it and doesn't even use it in combat (see final boss fight). And from what you told me before if a character doesn't have a reliable chance to use their wincon then it's deemed a stomp (see Shadow vs Vincent).

Seiya wins either way but jisu saying it's weird what's deemed a stomp and what's not.

Seiya wins either way but jisu saying it's weird what's deemed a stomp and what's not.
from what I’ve seen, if the time eater does use bfr, even if it’s ooc for it to be used immediately, than it’s not a stomp because the time eater could win. the bfr is a viable wincon isnt?

from what I’ve seen, if the time eater does use bfr, even if it’s ooc for it to be used immediately, than it’s not a stomp because the time eater could win. the bfr is a viable wincon isnt?
There was another versus match awhile back where a similar thing occured. And I was told it was a stomp because even though the other character had a couple of wincons, it was deemed a stomp because he doesn't use them to start and Shadow would beat him before he could use his. I pointed out the same logic you did.
Now, personally idrc about this match much so if this gets deemed not a stomp add it. But I'm looking for consistency you feel me?

Time Eater starts by using 3 different moves at once, erasing the timeline, and then instantly BFR and sealing the opponents into White Space.

Does Seiya have any way to counter this?

Time Eater starts by using 3 different moves at once, erasing the timeline, and then instantly BFR and sealing the opponents into White Space.

Does Seiya have any way to counter this?
I mean, if he starts first with erasing the timeline, seiya resists so, then seiya matter haxes/soul haxes. If u mean the time eater does all 3 simultaneously, then seiya doesn’t resist bfr or sealing so yeah. He does however resists space time manip, but idk if and how that factors in here.

I mean, if he starts first with erasing the timeline, seiya resists so, then seiya matter haxes/soul haxes.
Soul hax is a useless factor, Time Eater is a type 2 inorganic, only matter hax would be able to affect him.
He does however resists space time manip
His time hax is shown to work on people who resists it, Sonic for instance is completely unaffected by Time Stones and other forms of time manip.
If u mean the time eater does all 3 simultaneously, then seiya doesn’t resist bfr or sealing so yeah.
Aaaaand, yes, that's basically the first thing he does right at the start, he erases Classic Sonic's timeline and sends the latter to White Space in a short period.

Athena's Ichor (blood) which Seiya's cloth was bathed in prevented a couple of characters from being erased from history.
I do NOT remember Seiya having this resistance, as far as I remember Saint Seiya characters do not have resistance to such complex time manipulation (as an erasure of existence that erases them from history, they can only resist an erasure of existence that destroys body and soul). Even the gods are affected by changes in time, for something Athena traveled in time to steal the sword of Hades and change history. In TLC, Avenir's time travel changes history and eliminates the existence of all the characters in Avenir's timeline (even the Athena of his time), and creates a new timeline with Shion as the Pope of the Sanctuary.

Last edited:
I do NOT remember Seiya having this resistance, as far as I remember Saint Seiya characters do not have resistance to such complex time manipulation (as an erasure of existence that erases them from history, they can only resist an erasure of existence that destroys body and soul). Even the gods are affected by changes in time, for something Athena traveled in time to steal the sword of Hades and change history. In TLC, Avenir's time travel changes history and eliminates the existence of all the characters in Avenir's timeline (even the Athena of his time), and creates a new timeline with Shion as the Pope of the Sanctuary.
doesnt matter its on the profile regardless

Anyways, the level of the arguments for Seiya had not changed for it's settle point, so for now, i'm going to vote the Time Eater via BFR and seal, alongside Restraint Trap to instantly incap Seiya with homing projectiles away. (though that's on the backburner).

His time hax is shown to work on people who resists it, Sonic for instance is completely unaffected by Time Stones and other forms of time manip.
Seiya should be able to resist time manip that’s above baseline, as normal humans with a slightly higher than above cosmo resist Baseline time stop. Then, stronger characters resist a stronger time stop, so that’s above baseline, and finally, omega cloth characters, who are around the level of seiya, ignore another stronger time stop.

That was part of Eggman's plan, yes, but him erasing the timelines sent away is quite something common for him to do.
The bfr part is specifically eggmans plan to defeat sonic. He says so himself. It seems to me the time eater will more likely erase timelines first. The bfr was only used as part of an overarching plan to win, instead of a direct weapon. Based on that, I think seiya would win more times than he loses.

The bfr part is specifically eggmans plan to defeat sonic. He says so himself. It seems to me the time eater will more likely erase timelines first. The bfr was only used as part of an overarching plan to win, instead of a direct weapon. Based on that, I think seiya would win more times than he loses.
He literally sends Classic Sonic and his timeline to a space of non-existence, it being part of Eggman's plan to defeat Sonic does not correlate with him not starting by using such kind of move beforehand.

Time Eater still does all of the three simutaneously, literally every timeline he erases goes and gets sealed into White Space, requiring Sonic to restore it.
Seiya should be able to resist time manip that’s above baseline, as normal humans with a slightly higher than above cosmo resist Baseline time stop. Then, stronger characters resist a stronger time stop, so that’s above baseline, and finally, omega cloth characters, who are around the level of seiya, ignore another stronger time stop.
Why are you trying to apply ''baseline'' logic into a attack that ignores resistance? You do realize that both Seiya and TE are on the same level of infinity, right?

Let's suppose this little logic is being put into play, Time Eater still negs, as he can restrain Super Sonic in a basis, who already tanks Low 2-C time stop, so that argument is moot to say the least.

Last edited:
The Time Eater's erasure sends people to white space, which is the reason why the stages are there together with Sonic's friends, Eggman's plan was simply to choose when and where he sent them

doesnt matter its on the profile regardless
Seiya's profile does not mention this.

It is only indicated that he has some resistance to time and space manipulation, because he can survive the Superdimension which is a distortion in time and space that destroys everything that enters that place. And an unknown Acausality, because the type is not specified.
That hasn’t happened yet tbf. She hasn’t even gotten close to the sword of hades in the manga. Sadly
Saori believes that this is enough to cure and save Seiya from Hades' curse, therefore, changes in the timeline affect the gods.

Seiya's profile does not mention this.

It is only indicated that he has some resistance to time and space manipulation, because he can survive the Superdimension which is a distortion in time and space that destroys everything that enters that place. And an unknown Acausality, because the type is not specified.

Saori believes that this is enough to cure and save Seiya from Hades' curse, therefore, changes in the timeline affect the gods.
but it says he has EE resistance

Back