• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Devourer potential regen upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
And i don't think that it's incorrect that someone would get High-Godly for that if "all of existence" meant "a timeline".

Because if it was, it still means that there is nothing. At all. The verse is gone.

But if there are other timelines, the verse isn't gone. Something still exists

You're not regenerating from that something. Timelines are separate for a reason. They don't act accordingly at all. And that goes double for the DBT, which isn't only disconnected, but beyond.

When Lavos was defeated in 1999, all instances past them got sent to the DBT with their universes. Lavos just ate them with Schala.

To word it better, all points in time (not timelines though) past the Day of Lavos got Ret-Goned, with Lavos coming back...and eating itself

But it still means that something other than nothingness exists. There is a reason if Frisk doesn't have High-Godly for regenerating after Asriel nuked the timeline.

Doesn't mean that everything in the verse stopped existing after that though.

Ok, but still, he wasn't regenerating after the entire verse was gone. If the TD was erased after destroying the verse and came back, that would be High-Godly

Frisk doesn't have High-Godly because he wasn't erased by Hyper Goner. Not because he could come back from Asriel's attacks, which, as Ever said earlier, has to be simultaneous, and that wasn't. And even then, he was getting weaker.

In that timeline, it did. Everything past 1999's bad future was erased. There's a reason we say Lavos summons himself from separate universes rather than points in time. And we know that a single CT timeline legitimately goes up to infinity.

Notch characters regenerate from the PoI, but not if it's destroyed. Ygg doesn't regenerate on the plane that Truecemon, Zeed, and God exist on. Trianthology's Alice does Lavos' thing on a 1-C scale in regenerating beyond.

We reakky gotta define our requirements for High-Godly.

Let's compare feats, cuz I knew Cal would bring up Ygg in this thread....:

Ygg Regenerated after having himself and all of the Digital World erased by All-Delete.

Lavos regenerated from then DBT being erased along with him? Or.....? What is his feat?

"First (low godly), this is a recovery from some intangible form.

Further (mid godly), this is a recovery from reality itself, which does not even require an intangible form. That is, the realm itself contains some backup of the character from which it can be restored until this realm is destroyed.

Further (high godly), even realm is not required. But this only means that the backup belongs to some higher realm, for example, the higher dimension." DarkLK

Thread here.

It isn't about regenerating on the higher plane, but from it.

Notice how he said "for example". It's not the only way. The DBT functions as the higher realm in the analogy, as reality no longer exists, and Lavos had a metric crapton of data to "back itself up" from.

I don't know. Lavos is confusing

Also, totally agree with Dragon about the requirements for High-Godly needing to be defined more

I still hope for one day there is a blog explaining all the powers of Lavos / DD / TD to understand where all this comes from

keep waiting, Cal basically makes up everything in Lavos' profile. In reality Lavos is a haxless country buster. ovo

PaChi2 said:
keep waiting, Cal basically makes up everything in Lavos' profile. In reality Lavos is a haxless country buster. ovo </div>
That legit wouldn't surprise me after the Composite Godzilla stuff, lol.

inb4 Chrono Cross and the DS Version are both non-canon bs that will be likely retconned

Sad...But still impressive My opinion would not change much because I never think in discussions that do not bring scans showing what is being said

Executor N0 said:
Sad...But still impressive My opinion would not change much because I never think in discussions that do not bring scans showing what is being said </div>

You love big walls of text along with a lot of scans, do you? ovo

@PaChi2 Of course, that's why I do not talk in Digimon discussions when Dragon does not bring the scans of it. I myself would not approve the powers of Lilithmon of CS if I had not collected the scans and conferred power by power to see if everything was correct. The same for Lucemon, I only came to comment on it when I made gifs with all of his CS powers to make sure he had it all.

Yggdrasil being absorbed has become so common, I'm already hoping Arkadimon absorb Yggdrasil in the HM OvO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back