• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiers 1-A and above

For what I understand, 1-A characters are above the concept of dimensions, making any form of measurement known irrelevant to them. And high 1-A are defined by "whose power by far exceeds the regular requirements for tier 1-A".

Now I'm wondering, is there a way to differenciate 1-A and high 1-A (or 0) other than comparing them with other 1-A from their own verse? I mean... others tiers are defined by feats which are almost universal to all verses (destroying town/country/planet/universe/multiverse/higher dimension structure /etc...). But for High 1-A, it seems that the only reference that define them is the regular 1-A from their own verse, which is not universal.

Well the point of this thread is to ask, can we really compare tiers 1-A and above between differents verses? Is it really possible to affirm for sure that the tier 0 from verse A is stronger than the regulars tiers 1-A from verse B? If yes, what references can we use to compare them. And if not, is there a point to have the tiers high 1-A and 0? Also, is it possible for a verse to have a tiers 0 without any tiers 1-A to compare with?

I'm not really that knowledgeable about tiers 1-A, so sorry if I'm asking something obvious.

No, it's impossible to compare them (as long as the tier is the same). For the simple fact that you don't have any way to measure their power properly, because mathematics doesn't work anymore.

This problem already starts from the tier 2-A characters, it just become worse with 1-A. For example, would you consider more impressive someone who holds back 4 Multiversal+ characters at once or someone who stomps a Multiversal+ ?

It is of course possible to differentiate.

For 1-A and 0 this is easy.

On is omnipotent, the other isn't. So a 1-A can have flaws a tier 0 not and a 1-A also doesn't posses all abilities.

Theoretically a 1-A doesn't even necessarily have reality warping or the ability to create things, so the requirement for 1-A is far below that of tier 0.

Now one can not clearly identify a tier 0 (hence it is also questionable omnipotence), but if you fulfil 1-A criteria, have demonstrated to have mostly free control over everything, fulfil the listed tier 0 criteria and have shown no weakness than you can also qualify for tier 0 without comparison.

That the Law of Identity's questionable questionable omnipotence has for example nothing to do with Sai Akuto, the only other 1-A in the verse.

Now in case of High 1-A I would say it is a bit like you say. For those characters that are only High 1-A due to stomping a bunch of other 1-A one can not quite completly say that they necessarily are beating any 1-A of a different verse. A being that is High 1-A due to being almost Tier 0 on the other hand can say that.

The current formulation of the High 1-A description specifies that it should be something closer to the almost Tier 0 case, though, by saying that simply being infinitely beyond other 1-A isn't sifficient to qualify.

There is also that one can differentiate between fictions at this level by adding other hierarchies to them, though those are of course not standardized as well.

I think it is true that above Tier 1-A many details become harder to judge objectively, given that one can not simply sort them to a linear scale of quantified numbers, but there are still cases of objective differences in quality of the abilities and in standing on hierachies that hold even in comparison between different verses where the relative standing of characters to each other would become irrelevant.

Many 1-A+ still end up basically undecideable between fictions, due to the criteria for the differences being pretty broad.

Thanks for the answer. Tell me if I'm wrong, the main differences between 1-A and higher tiers are the versability (number of powers and abilities) and the lack of weakness/limitations, right?

So if I got it right, to be considered High 1-A the character have to fulfil those 2 requirements :

1- Have never shown any significant weakness or limitations (other than when dealing with others High 1-A)

2- Either being far, far above the regular 1-A of his own verse (not even comparable) when compared with others 1-A, OR having enough of abilities and powers to perform almost anything imaginable when not compared with others 1-A.

Also, I've read that tiers 0 is just a rank given to the strongest High 1-A of a verse. So it's basically the same rank with the same requirements.

High 1-A is stated to be 0 but with someone stronger or a limitation

0 is dead unquantifiable and omnipotent

Back