• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

tier these b*tches

Me reading through every tierlist that puts me in the "who?"category
oGGgT9f.jpg

I've seen people drop nearly $50k on modded servers.
Like content not even maintained by the games official developers. Its scary.

The decision to whale has little to do with Gacha games though. Lets not pretend like Pay2Win is Gachas fault
Gacha wasn't the first, IIRC it was a PC FIFA game that made P2W big. Still it'd be crazy to argue that it isn't a major component of it these days.

I've seen people drop nearly $50k on modded servers.
Like content not even maintained by the games official developers. Its scary.

Gacha wasn't the first, IIRC it was a PC FIFA game that made P2W big. Still it'd be crazy to argue that it isn't a major component of it these days.
Wait they drop real money? Wtf? Why?

You have never touched a Asia MMO? Or shitty F2P Shooter? 95% of all F2P games are Whale bait, that is an entire industries fault. Heck, you can whale in games that arent P2W. Do you know how much money you would have to drop to get every skin in league of legends? F2P games are inherently predatory, Gacha is just one branch of the vampire tree of corperate game development

Okay, it seems that I actually commented on Witch's temporal leave and I just didn't remember.
Which is weird since I can remember just about anything.
Oh well...

You have never touched a Asia MMO? Or shitty F2P Shooter? 95% of all F2P games are Whale bait, that is an entire industries fault. Heck, you can whale in games that arent P2W. Do you know how much money you would have to drop to get every skin in league of legends? F2P games are inherently predatory, Gacha is just one branch of the vampire tree of corperate game development
Haven't played any of the games or genre types you mentioned.

Haven't played any of the games or genre types you mentioned.
Lucky you, thats an privilege in of itself. The struggles of young me trying to have fun with 0 papers on the hand.

Point is, The game industry has always been nefarious for the vulnerable. Its not a sin exclusive to the Gacha industry

Lucky you, thats an privilege in of itself. The struggles of young me trying to have fun with 0 papers on the hand.

Point is, The game industry has always been nefarious for the vulnerable. Its not a sin exclusive to the Gacha industry
I'm not the saudi prince literally dumping money into new releases. I always try to find the cheapest deal or balk. There are thousands of objectively good games you can get for free legitimately and I wouldn't shame you for enjoying them.

All this talk about asian MMOs just makes me want to return to Blade and Soul. The sequel looks like it sucks dick.
now back to disappearing from the wiki for two months to cure my ff14 addiction

I'm not the saudi prince literally dumping money into new releases. I always try to find the cheapest deal or balk. There are thousands of objectively good games you can get for free legitimately and I wouldn't shame you for enjoying them.
... Hm? Are you speaking generally or is this adressed at me? Because I have Paper on my hand for proper games lmao. That was young me problems. Like, late 2000s me.

... Hm? Are you speaking generally or is this adressed at me? Because I have Paper on my hand for proper games lmao. That was young me problems. Like, late 2000s me.
Generally, I didn't have much money either when I was younger. Still held that idea.

Back