• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-C Streets of Violence Tournament (2022): Nagel Krat vs Evelyn Quan Wang

Group A:
Match 9:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Equalized speed in all matches
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 10 meters.
  • Winner gets 3 points
  • Losers gets 0 points
  • Inconclusive match then both fighters gets 2 point each.
WINNER GOES TO SEMI FINAL
This is a massive match of Group B it's anybody's game now Nagel bounced back pretty sweetly with 6 points but so is Evelyn but after this one ends only one person is going to Semi Finals.

Results:
Nagel Krat:
Evelyn Quan Wang (first key): 6 (Infinite, Pika, DD, Random, Pepper, Arnold)
Inconclusive:

edHcwaN.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I actually watched the movie at some point. I kinda remember how her powers work. Basically she does something that no person would find reasonable in order to attain skills from her alternate universe selves.

I assume Nagel would probably stop trying to convince her if he sees her deep-throating a pipe or something and would just go for flashbangs immediately. Hard to do things when you can't really see

I don't really remember her gaining ultra-instinct but if I recall, she was kinda terrifying in the third act, just pulling whatever stuff she needs from the multiverse and switching skills on the go.

OK, I actually watched the movie at some point. I kinda remember how her powers work. Basically she does something that no person would find reasonable in order to attain skills from her alternate universe selves.

I assume Nagel would probably stop trying to convince her if he sees her deep-throating a pipe or something and would just go for flashbangs immediately. Hard to do things when you can't really see
I'm not sure Evelyn would want to take bootleg steroids from a street vendor with goggles on. Since in every match he seems to start off with this, I don't see any reason why he'd just go for flashbangs.

What does Nagel really do after Evelyn just denies the offer?
I don't really remember her gaining ultra-instinct but if I recall, she was kinda terrifying in the third act, just pulling whatever stuff she needs from the multiverse and switching skills on the go.
This is only the first really the first act key.

Okay, so there's no doubt in my mind that Evelyn will hold the skill advantage.

However, Nagel is very crafty, and spamming flash bangs and stabbing her will be the only way Nagel can land any damaging hits.

I do think that Evelyn can find a way to overcome the flash bangs, I just don't know how because I'm not knowledgeable on either of these two.

Similar to most of Nagel’s matches his weakness here is skill, if he can’t sneak attack Evelyn he has no hope in a direct confrontation

I just explained. Spam flashbangs and stab her while she's blinded
You know, I really should've realised that.
Okay, so there's no doubt in my mind that Evelyn will hold the skill advantage.

However, Nagel is very crafty, and spamming flash bangs and stabbing her will be the only way Nagel can land any damaging hits.

I do think that Evelyn can find a way to overcome the flash bangs, I just don't know how because I'm not knowledgeable on either of these two.
Let's not forget Evelyn still has weapons she can use as well, and along with the immediate skill advantage, flash bangs will only really stop her sense of vision, not her sense of hearing. Evelyn can still fight if she chooses a version of herself that can do this, so Nagel's only stealth advantage can be nullified, albeit still affecting Evelyn.

Also, once Nagel gets close enough to actually stab Evelyn, Evelyn would likely already be aware of his presence, even more so if Nagel actually manages to stab her, because then she would know exactly where he is, and as was stated earlier, Nagel gets flattened in close-quarters.

Anyway, voting Evelyn. Nagel does have alot of gadgets, but Evelyn has the skill to negate most of their effectiveness, and since Nagel would decide to go in for the kill after flashbangs, he gets murked as soon as he gets in close-quarters with Evelyn.

her sense of vision, not her sense of hearing. Evelyn can still fight if she chooses a version of herself that can do this, so Nagel's only stealth advantage can be nullified, albeit still affecting Evelyn.
Oh yeah I remember, she does have a blind alternate

Another thing I forgot to mention is Nagel's poison. If she does start doing crazy shit while blinded, he'll most likely try his best to keep his distance and wait for the poison to take effect

Not sure how much that'll help since I do remember she has an alternate with acrobatics and I'm not sure how applicable it is in combat or how long it'll take

Last edited:
Daaang I wanted to see Nagel in the semi but then again best of the best in the tournament advances there I guess Evelyn argument has convinced people.

Another thing I forgot to mention is Nagel's poison. If she does start doing crazy shit while blinded, he'll most likely try his best to keep his distance and wait for the poison to take effect

Not sure how much that'll help since I do remember she has an alternate with acrobatics and I'm not sure how applicable it is in combat or how long it'll take
Eh, Nagel's poison only works if he knows Evelyn is able to fight just as well with the flashbang as they can without it. They'd just end up going for an easy knife kill and get surprised when they get thrown to the pavement.

Parahumans 9-Cs are around baseline which is another tourney I'd like to see

Though obviously, you know I'm submitting Connor
Connor just shows up in the next match of whoever beat him and hands them a coffee while talking about how his predecessor was unfortunately destroyed, but Cyberlife transferred it’s memory and sent him to replace it

Back