• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since a single space time continuum can be considered infinite 4d, wouldn't tiers 2-B and 2-A be redundant outside of scaling range?

How I see those tiers, is exactly how they are described: "separate space-time continuums"

Sure the timeline can be infinite, but it is still only one space-time continuum, regardless of how large it may be.

Which gets me confused about MWI being 2-B/2-A.
As it is still only one spacetime continuum, just one that branches out...which since it is only one spacetime continuum, it should only be Low 2-C by description of Tier 2.

Though I have heard MWI is actually Low 1-C via the branching of timelines needing another dimension to branch out in in the first place as the timeline in MWI is not linear, but planar.

Also Everett's MWI is High 1-B as it explicitly describes "quantum branches in infinite-dimensional Hilbert space" or something

So, what would the standard MWI be?

It cannot be 2-B/2-A as how those tiers are described in the first place: "separate space-time continuums". Which MWI is not; it is only one which branches out.
Which would place it as Low 2-C, though possibly quite high into Low 2-C.

However, due to the branching timeline, the timeline isn't linear, but planar; requiring an additional dimension for the branching to even happen.
Which would place it at Low 1-C.

Also physics say something about MWI being "uncountable infinity", I forget exactly where...but that's also evidence for Low 1-C MWI.

The only thing which shows MWI being uncountable that I can remember is something from Wikipedia:
"The many-worlds interpretation implies that there are most likely an uncountably infinite number of universes. It is one of a number of multiverse hypotheses in physics and philosophy. MWI views time as a many-branched tree, wherein every possible quantum outcome is realized. This is intended to resolve the measurement problem and thus some paradoxes of quantum theory, such as the EPR paradox  and Schrödinger's cat, since every possible outcome of a quantum event exists in its own universe."

So by this, MWI is at least: "Likely Low 1-C", as it says there are "most likely uncountably infinite universes"

Last edited:
A single space-time continuum can have a timeline
Yes, that is possible.
If the continuum does contain multiple timelines, imo it should be 2-C. Then again, not every verse has "multiple" up to "infinite timeline" in a single space-time continuum.

And Iirc believe if the timeline came from being a branch to a main timeline. Like Erika said above, it's not a separate space-time and thus falls under low 2-C

Yes, that is possible.
If the continuum does contain multiple timelines, imo it should be 2-C. Then again, not every verse has "multiple" up to "infinite timeline" in a single space-time continuum.

And Iirc believe if the timeline came from being a branch to a main timeline. Like Erika said above, it's not a separate space-time and thus falls under low 2-C
Also depends on context, as some verses describe "The Universe" as "all of reality", which includes separate timelines.

So with the description of Tier 2s (Specifically 2-C to 2-A) on the wiki and what actual physics say about it...
I can say (standard) MWI is one of two things:

"At least Low 2-C, likely Low 1-C"
OR, simply:
"Likely Low 1-C"

Everett's MWI is blatantly High 1-B though

Also depends on context, as some verses describe "The Universe" as "all of reality", which includes separate timelines.
Yeah.
Some verse has timelines that pre-existed along with the other timelines and isn't the result of being a branch.

Though, I want to discuss something else.
Would a "Timeline that is the result of a branched possibility count as separate space-time if it's shown it is not affected by the destruction of its main timeline?"

Think of a tree, the tree is the main timeline birthing all the tree branches. If the tree is gone, but the branches are left behind. Does this count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back