• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 Review Thread 2

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
This thread is for the posting of links to Tier 1 (or 0) characters for review by staff. All tier 1 pages should be posted here for review and discussion on whether or not they meet the requirements regarding our policies, and for the tier.

If a Tier 1 (or 0) profile is not submitted here and continues to not be submitted here despite warnings, it will be deleted. If a user does not update their page based on the suggestions given here, it will be deleted.

Important Reading:

Stay on topic and do not clog the thread with unnecessary replies. Please be patient, as well, as it may take time for a staff member to review your page, especially if it is long.

All staff members should follow this thread, and should provide input when possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aogiri

The description for your characters looks like that of a tier 0, not a 1-A.

@Aeyu

Actually no. That description I used is very similar to the Outer Gods justifaction for their tier within the Cthulhu Mythos. It's definitely not tier 0.

AogiriKira said:
Kosuke Susumu
Needs more explanations on it (Powers, actually), and the Outerverse level rating should not be scaled to characters without linking them. If the pages for them don't exist, explain what they do in this profile. Also add the key.

Mind if I do it tomorrow? Spent alot of time, writing, deleting, and rewriting that page lmao. I'm kind of burnt out.

@Aogiri

Even the Outer Gods don't transcend logic and cardinality. They have definable features. Even beings like Yog and Azzy are governed under some form of logical consequences, even if they're outside our capability to comprehend.

"Outerversal" should become "Outerverse level" in the AP

"None notable" and the stamina stats don't need to be bolded.

@Aeyu

They actually do transcend cardinality and logic, as the don't operate under any form of change, persective, or archetypal infinites, and exist above ALL of totality, within The Court of Azathoth.

Also saying Yog and Azathoth operate under logic, is complete downplay, especially because of their ratings within their respective verse.

Also what do you mean the Outer Gods have definable features? They don't as they are completely abstract, and metaphysical beings. Outer Gods don't have any form of definable features, only their avatars do, as the Outer Gods are completely beyond form.

Being beyond change in a singularity of perspective is not analogous to being outside any logical quantification, it merely means it's beyond human comprehension, which is actually what's stated in "Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath". If it were the case that they transcended *all* logic, you couldn't rationally argue Yog to "encompass" the Outer Void, nor could you argue Azzy to be beyond Yog in any sense, nor could you argue the Outer Gods to be "beneath" the likes of Yog and Azzy. In fact, it'd be vague to even have them have a profile at all, as you could just argue them to be outside of scaling completely, as scaling itself relies on specific logical principles.

"Archetypical infinity" is vague; furthermore, even if they're beyond infinity's concept, that doesn't prevent there from being larger cardinalities. Cardinality is in reference to the size of a set. You could take the entirety of the Outer Void and put that into a set which is then encompassed by Yog.

HaruhiOfTheSuzumiya said:
  1. You don't put anything next to a tier. You put it all next to AP.
  2. The only thing given in justification that makes it 1-A is the mentions of 1-As. Otherwise, it's 1-B at max.
  3. No links (even those included within the standard format) except for the tiering system one. All of them need to be added.
  4. Don't bold every stat. Stamina ratings and below are not bolded.
  5. Outerverse level, not Outerversal.
Also, @Aeyu and @AogiriKira, STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
HaruhiOfTheSuzumiya said:
  1. You don't put anything next to a tier. You put it all next to AP.
  2. The only thing given in justification that makes it 1-A is the mentions of 1-As. Otherwise, it's 1-B at max.
  3. No links (even those included within the standard format) except for the tiering system one. All of them need to be added.
  4. Don't bold every stat. Stamina ratings and below are not bolded.
  5. Outerverse level, not Outerversal.
Also, @Aeyu and @AogiriKira, STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD
yey okay

UwU

OwO

<3

heart

Chuu~

but i like bolding and italicisizing the stats, they look much cooler that way

also i swear ive seen other people linking YT vids and songs onto pages, as well as utilizing "Outerversal" instead of "outerverse level"

but other than that ok

DarkNeon1994 said:
Problems:

1. You don't bold anything within powers and abilities
  2. You don't power up to tier 0
  3. Tier 0 within this profile actually breaks the tiering system by saying Omnipotence paradox doesn't apply
  4. Tier 0 justification is contradicted by multiple limitations right on the profile
  5. Many, many, many grammar errors

Alright so I'm tryna make a fantasy like Setting in my story, however the two main characters are 1-A how would I make it to we're the main side characters are somewhat equal to them so they can be relevant as well as the other factions the main character will face?

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
Powers and Abilities section doesn't even exist.
Because it's rather unimportant right now, and it's largely scripted on tier 0 pages as well, was that your only problem?

Heck. No. The amount of problems on this page make it an abomination.

1. Aforementioned nonexistent section
  2. High Outerverse level, not High Outerversal (Except in Striking Strength)
  3. Striking Strength isn't Irrelevant
  4. High Outerversal range isn't a thing
  5. Capitalization errors makes it ugly
  6. Intelligence isn't inapplicable
  7. Justification for tier does not give tier, not even close
  8. You don't bold ANY personal statistics
  9. Alignment given isn't a thing (Seriously, there's a page on it, look there)
  10. Themes is music, not that

It's not a page it's a blog post...

The alignment was a joke I planned on removing in the final page.

and the inapplicable intelligenc was your idea? Err if I remember right I got that from you when I first made the page.

Ok how do you capitalize things then? Every word in a tital gets capitalized because a tital is a expansion of a name is it not?

Also for the tier bit, they do, I just haven't added the link to the blog post yet that justify the TOC as a tier 0, so thank you for the list it looks like mostly easy fixes.

Edit: I hate auto correct

I called it a page. Nobody cares if I call it a blog like it actually is.

You called the thing complete yet you had a joke you were gonna remove? That sounds a bit wrong.

You never brought up anything like that to me nor have I ever suggested that intelligence at any point on this site.

Just simply look at the page and you should see the errors.

No link was added that I can see.

1 I didn't really think the joke would be a problem, honestly I just intent to remove the aliment bit from the personality section, it is an optional section after all. I prefer using the theme to say the theme of the character rather then the theme song, the charater creation page does say you can take some libertys.

2 I'm just saying what I remembered, the logic went something like this "is beyond the concept of knowledge" 'there for knowledge dosen't apply' it was odd, but the point of the rating on the blog was that the concept of intlegence hadn't been created yet, that's why I only had the other key there, because it was needed.

3 that's because I haven't added it yet. on a side note I had checked with prom before starting the blog and she said that the backstory for the character would warrant high 1-A (back before high 1-A and 0 merged) however that backstory is not in the page just alluded to in the appearance section and the summary. I intended to put it in another blog because it was long. But that's why it was tier 0.

Edit: and I checked https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Rules_for_Original_Character_Profiles All of the statistics for personality are bolded on there.

Either way 8 of your problem check list are resolved, you are right as it stands the blog doesn't have the information to justify it's tier rating. And as for captlzation.. you'd have to tell me what you think proper caps are because I asked someone who had made several pages and he told me even If it was a 1 word response in a stat to capitalize it.