• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU - Tier 1 K.E.V.I.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems fine.

By the way, I suppose the new editing rule applies in this case:
Pages should preferably feature explanations of all battle-relevant details of abilities, particularly if they derivate from what a regular viewer might assume reading the ability. That includes not being combat applicable, having weaknesses, being particularly limited in some way, being faster or slower than one might assume given the character's speed, being of a higher or lower tier, being [[Tiering System FAQ#Q: What is qualitative superiority?|qualitatively superior]] to the character or being qualitatively inferior to the character, having a notably different range than other techniques, etc.
and I feel that the profile is made in accordance to the profile.

Since K.E.V.I.N. resides in the "real world", which can only be accessed with 4th Wall Awaraness and sees the MCU multiverse as fiction, would he have Higher-Dimensional Existence?

Metafiction should only be portrayed as R^5 if it really had a context cooperating for this narrative to be a coordinated of space, like the layers of Umineko, stuff like metafiction about breaking the fourth wall is just funny moments. This is just generic fourth wall breaking, it's not like it's something like Gwenpool, that's if we can talk about it actually being a layer above an R^4 space, in the comics, even in one or another She-Hulk or like any comic story featuring someone who takes the screenwriter out of his job to do something (like she hulk did with K.E.V.I.N), even though he writes the story, interactions with the authors writing the marvel, it was just in an parallel earth that saw all of marvel as fiction, even though it was within the multiverse and limited to it.

By the way, there is a Editing Rule:
Preferably avoid creating any supposedly "all-powerful" 4th wall-breaking real life author avatar characters, or author avatars in general. Before doing so, please read our Reality - Fiction Interaction guidelines, and try to evaluate if the character in question is significant within its story. Meaningless 4th wall breaking, and winks at the audience, do not equate tier 0 in any way, shape, or form, and can potentially open doors for new members to start looking at real life humans as an "omnipotent species" that can fight with ideas, words, and pictures. Exceptions have been made for Andrew Hussie, and "The Writer" of DC Comics. The former was not played as an invincible character within Homestuck, whereas the second has been established as an inseparable part of Grant Morrison's DC cosmology, and is ranked extremely high, not for being an author avatar, but for its established role in comparison to everything else within the franchise. Nevertheless, it is very unwise to allow too many explicit author avatars, as they severely blur the line between fiction and reality.
I do hope your profile is in accordance to the rule.

This is in accordance with those rules, yes. The ending relies on this entity existing, it is a very blatantly fictional entity (being the algorithm that makes MCU movies), and the show tries really hard to make it look like this is the resolution the story was leading up to with the whole "I'm a lawyer, let me make my case" part.

The character will be irrelevant for any other MCU story, mind, but to She-Hulk it is a thing.

Oh, also, if it goes through then remove that Social Influencing, its a gag about how Kevin is the holy authority as far as Marvel Studio goes, not some mastermind manipulation from the robot.

It is, but if you're arguing that the difference between KEVIN's world and the real world is one that can grant a tier, then her fourthwall breaking can let her punch up to characters that see her as fiction.
K.E.V.I.N's world is described as the real world in this article:
Clearly, the show isn’t working for someone — but don’t adjust your television screens! Now on the Marvel Disney+ landing page, Jen starts yelling through the title card for Marvel Studios’ She-Hulk. After smashing through that, she peers at the different tiles before landing on Marvel Studios’ Assembled. That’ll do. She swings into that show.

Congratulations, Jen. You’ve broken the fourth wall and welcome to the real world. She marches out of a soundstage on The Walt Disney Studios lot and crosses across the campus before ducking into the She-Hulk production offices. Inside, she finds a bunch of She-Hulk writers who are utterly shocked to see her standing there.
Low 1-C via breaking the fourth wall is a thing?

K.E.V.I.N's world is described as the real world in this article:
It's the 'real world' as far as the story says it, that doesn't really need sources.

Low 1-C via breaking the fourth wall is a thing?
If you can beat up a character that is tier 1, you are tier 1. She-Hulk does it by just jumping into the real world, which wouldn't be combat applicable since vs battles have no writers and she can't interact with her opponent unless in the same world as them. But if she's fighting an author character, or a canon player character, or whatever, it would be disingenuous for us to just ignore her power to just go to the 'real world'.

Could you send the scans?
7685090-5517576367-unkno.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back