• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Three questions

Peppypony

She/Her
1. How many hits would it take or a character whose AP is 2x higher than their opponents durability?

2. Or a character whose AP is 4x higher than their opponents durability?

This is for Faintree because many characters use Statistics Amplification and even start off with it. Many of the characters movesets get inspiration from Pokemon moves, but the thing is that I don't want a fight between two different characters to end too quickly.

3. So how could I go about making the fights last longer. Especially since the melee and ranged fighters who use Statistics Amplification can boost their speed by 2x and 4x as well.

1. There is no definitive number. In fact, multipliers as a whole are quite inconsistent in fiction. Overall, just assume in a Versus Battle Debate that, if they trade blows constantly, the difference will be around AP^2 time.

So, for example, let's say two characters have the same AP, and if they attack eachother for four seconds, they both die.

Now let's say one of them, Guy A, has x4 AP, and the same dura. That'll be 1 second to kill, 4x faster.

Now let's say Guy A has x4 AP and Dura. It'll take Guy B 16 seconds to kill him, and Guy A 1 second to kill him; a x16 difference.

...that's a very literal, versus-battles way of looking at it, though. Don't write with too much worry about this.

2. Above.

3. In your writing? Simply write it that way. Remember; write for the story, not for the profiles.

Multiplyers are often inconsistent?

Yeah I can see why now. I think instead of giving them multipliers, I'm just gonna make it show that they have got faster, stronger and the slower character will still be able to land to hit on them. But just not as many hits as their opponent who is faster than them.

Back