• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thrax vs. White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean

Dying to bullets doesn't mean you have a weakness to bullets just that you can die to them

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I mean, he obviously has some weakness to it, because not even bacteria deis that fast to alchohol
@Bambu Honestly I think he should have his page updated in that regard.

They kind of do, when you have a relatively thin transmissible membrane and you're surrounded by a toxic fluid, you'd die pretty fast.

Both alcohols, ethyl and isopropyl, can kill several bacteria in 10 seconds or fewer in the lab, including Staph aureus, Strep pyogenes, E. coli, Salmonella typhosa, and Pseudomonas species, some of the bad actors in infections. For M. tuberculosis, it may take as long as five minutes of contact.

Just google "how long does it take for bacteria to die in alcohol"

(EDIT): Ya ninja'd me.

10 seconds isn't much longer than it takes Thrax to die, tbh.

He's still able to scream and move his arms; he isn't dead until 2:49.

Honestly, it's really not that much of a difference in time to warrant calling it a weakness.

Alcohol DOESN'T kill viruses. Non enveloped viruses are generally not affected by alcohol (or most other things for that matter). Enveloped viruses are killed by MANY things, so alcohol doesn't have a unique mechanism for killing these, just disruption of the lipid envelope. Other things that can do this: UV light, dessication, peppermint, soap, Lysol, etc.

This is one of the big false advertising claims of those hand sanitizers, and a pet peeve of mine, since it is my area of research in grad school.

Yes, but the info you linked me didn't say how long it would take to kill a Virus. It gave two times, 10 seconds and 5 minutes.

I don't feel like WBC's enzyme spray will honestly make a big difference in the battle either way, its range isn't that impressive, and Thrax would be able to touch WBC and cause him to explode in flames with the AP difference much faster than he can pull it out.

"Many, but not all, viruses are goners, too, like HIV, hepatitis B, herpes, influenza, etc. Even some systemic bad fungal infections are susceptible, but again not all"'

Okay, now we're getting two different conclusions from sources we are using.

I say again, this really doesn't need to be discussed for the match and is sort of just derailing the discussion on the actual battle atm.

Not really.

As my source say, it doesn't kill them, simply distupts their liquid envlpe, without wich they can rarely survive at all.

If they can't survive without their liquid envolope, and it dissolves that, I'm pretty sure that means they're dead.

I'll stop responding at that, I really don't see the need for this on the VS Thread and if it's that big of an issue, someone can open a CRT.

Like seriously, Thrax being weak to alcohol or Viruses in general being weak to alcohol doesn't really change the result of how the enzyme spray would affect him. We're just arguing semantics at this point.

This is very colse it all depends on if Thrax can get up close to WBC and use his claw to one shot him, but if WBC can keep Thrax at a distance he wins.

^ so so you want to assess / guess the chances T can kill W before W kills T?

B U M P A C K N O W L E D G E D

Not sure if the steroid and zit feats are comparable. If that zit was 1 cm of radius, that would be already approximately a hundred of times bigger than a neutrophil, which iirc is something like 10^(-5) m

id say thrax is far more unusual for WBC than WBC is for thrax. that and all the other reasons above should give him a high diff win.

WBC - 4 (Hizack, Numbersguy, Emily, Jimbo)

Thrax - 7 (Stefan, Mr. Bambu, Ricsi, Jason, TheC2, Kaltias, Strong)

Huh, grace began a day ago with Strong, I guess.

I'll add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back