• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey this is a quick one

We now have the actual time and age that thor was born in which is 1,000,000 BC which makes him a little over 1 million years old in current comics

avengers_1000000_bc_1_cut.jpg

That was a Jason Aaron thing right? I read it I sincerely thought that this would be ignored because of Jason Aaron's Thor retcon fetish.
It's fine by me but I heard that his age was very inconsistent.

That was a Jason Aaron thing right? I read it I sincerely thought that this would be ignored because of Jason Aaron's Thor retcon fetish.
It's fine by me but I heard that his age was very inconsistent.
I mean at this point what is consistent in marvel?

as for Aaron yeah but the best part is that cates did kind **** block him by making sure that Gaea is thors mom, so Aaron couldn't make phoenix thors mom so he made her his spirit mother or some such nonsense in the 1,000,000 BC run

Last edited:
This seems uncontroversial to add, yes.

as for Aaron yeah but the best part is that cates did kind ***** block him by making sure that Gia is thors mom, so Aaron couldn't make phoenix thors mom so he made her his spirit mother or some such nonsense in the 1,000,000 BC run
Yup, Cates did a great thing there, and I helped him out by making sure that it showed up on Wikipedia, so Aaron would have a harder time justifying the change.

Gaea is Thor's mom. That is a much more important part of his mythos, as it thematically ties him as the protector of the Earth and its creatures, and gives him more mythology to build on, as Al Ewing is doing currently.

What happened to Cates is really sad. First his wife left him and then he had a car accident that damaged his brain. That is the reason why other writers finished his Thor and Hulk runs. 😔😓

Yes, me as well. According to his recent Bleeding Cool interview, he was in a coma for 6 months, but he is a big fighter and keeps trying hard. He seems like a really great and impressive guy.

Maverick handled it.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here then. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back