• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor "Possibly 2-C" Upgrade, and some other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
At no time is it said that it hurt black winter, just his black storm, plus, in the previews of the next chapters it is said that Thor will be defeated by Black Winter.

So should we give the God-Blast a higher ranking than currently?

I think it should get something like "Varies, 2-A at full potential", Basically something like Rebirth Superman

Well the 2-A Godblast isn't inconsistent,as it's a Godblast above every other Godblast used by thor, it's the only Godblast that destroyed Mjolnir and he needed to wrap Megingjord around Mjolnir for it to even work

I do not think that we can scale it to 2-A without using massive outliers. Maybe 2-C though, given that it can hurt Odin-level entities.

We need more input from knowledgeable members first though.

Thanks. Would you be willing to ask some knowledgeable members to comment here about it?

I still have to sort out the different instances of Thor using the God Blast

Thor Vol 1 #133 October, 1966

• Thor also has a Thermo-Blast, but I'm not sure if they are on the same level. Also, the link on the profile is broken: Bested Ego
Thor (1966) #161 February 10, 1969

Against Juggernaut https://imgur.com/a/RJjPU

Majeston Zelia https://imgur.com/a/DjzKK7g

Not sure who this opponent is. Can do a Godblast with his bare hands?

Thamk you for the summary.

I would appreciate further input regarding if we should upgrade the God-Blast to 2-C.

Can somebody ask Matthew, ClassicNESfan, Sandman31, and PrinceOfTheMorning to comment here please?

If accepted, the profile would probably something like the following

• Solar System level (Current stuff), higher with Thermo-Blast (Bested Ego), up to Low Multiverse level with the God Blast (Defeated Zelia who was twice the strength of Odin)

I would change it to something like "Severely damaged Zelia, who had absorbed the power of Odin" instead. Otherwise it seems to make sense.

shouldn't rune king thor have reactive evolution? since his key says that "was reborn after hanging himself, evolving past death"I know it's off topic but i'm just wondering

What do the other staff members here think about a possible god-blast upgrade?

And in fact he didn't even damaged the black winter, he just pull away a storm of darkness that black winter put around that planet

Thor did not keep up with full powered Gorr. Full powered Gorr stomped Thor, young thor, and king Thor at the same time

I think that might be out-of-context, the scans in his profile.

In the comic Thor was against the actions of the Stranger who was trying to make Ego and Alter Ego get into a fight to kill themselves.

After that Thor was trying to calm down Alter Ego, and when Thor arrived on the ground ego start to absorving Thor, and Thor claims that the strength of the mjolnir cannot atomize the weight and measure of Alter Ego.

However in none time is said that thor cannot hurt (since he never wanted kill alter ego); In fact after that, Zephyr sounds that the sex of Thor and she would almost tear Alter Ego apart. Because in other time Thor and her almost teared a planet apart just by sex.After she claming that, Thor awake from Alter Ego mind hax, and Thor make lightnings that hurt Alter Ego.

WeeklyBattles said:
Thor also did not best Ego

Thor admitted that he did not have th power to beat Ego

> Yes, Thor admitted that he couldn't destroy Ego. Destroying someone requires more power than besting said one and Thor bested Ego, not destroyed him.

The most an enraged Thor could do with all of his power was stun Ego

> Nah, Thor did best him, Ego himself said that.

Thor directly striking Ego's brain with all his might merely stunned him and didn't defeat him

> Thor didn't use the Thermo-Blast in that comic, like he did during one of their previous encounters. It was just a Mjolnir throw.

Thor stated that hitting Ego's surface with a Godblast wouldn't kill him and would only be a hindrance

There's also Alter Ego (Marvel), who is meant to be Ego's twi

Alter Ego Perceives Thor as a man would perceive a gnat, Thor states that he wouldn't be able to kill Alter Ego, Tanked a Godblast to his core and was little worse for wear instead of being rendered comatose as Thor thought he would be

> Thor never used the God-Blast, which is the combination of his Life force and Mjolnir's might , during the entire arc. He just said that it was a Godly Energy Blast , that's it.

I personally wouldn't mind. It should logically be 2-C, but has not been presented as such yet.

Honestly I think the Black Winter is probsbly 1A so if Herald of Thunder is able to fight it he should probably scale to it.

Herald of Thunder is not able to fight with the Black Winter, its literally what is said in the preview of the next two chapters.

That would be far too high for a regular skyfather with some herald-level amplification.

Anyway, can somebody remind me what we still have to do here please?

I have not reviewed every usage of the God Blast, but it is indeed consistently portrayed as Thor's ultimate attack by a long shot. He frequently uses it to pull off feats far beyond his usual tiering, and I would not be particularly surprised if it registered as 2-C. The scaling shown here seems reasonable enough. He's also used it to banish Ymir and Surtur, and four God Blasts fired simultaneously once held a large collection of universes together.

2-C Godblast upgrade would be good. Godblast has been able to harm odinforce empowered zelia, banish ymir and surtur and rip the very fabric of universe.

As for the other 2-C stuff, that ain't really consistent and scaling Thor to Skyfathers isn't a good idea when Thor has enough anti-feats putting him below them (amped Thor didn't survive a fight against Cul, Odin bested Thor, Zeus also bested Thor, Hela and Mephisto too and etc).

It seems like we should upgrade it then. Is somebody knowledgeable willing to update the Thor (Marvel Comics) page while adding some linked examples of the power of the god-blast?

You are new here. Are you certain that you could edit the page properly in terms of structure? Perhaps it would be better if ClassicNESfan, Firestorm808, Qawsedf234, or Alonik handle it?

Yeah, I can. I'm not really unfamiliar with the format. Though if you want those people to edit it, then no problems for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back