• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor "Possibly 2-C" Upgrade, and some other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be Low 2-C, he could be 2-A, he could be 1-A he could be anything. Irrelevant. I can make him Possibly any tier I want, they're barely consistent for them in the long run.

Apparently Alonik is making a more comprehensive variant of this thread anyways (distinguishing between mortal realm Thor and Asgardian realm Thor), so I legitimately suggest this CRT be dropped and for Christ's sake, don't make another upgrade CRT for him.

2-A is with weapons that are literally meant to kill celestials or his strongest attack (Godblast) he also gets stomped hard by them, that one 1-A feat is an outliar, also 10 2-C feats seem consistent

Ok,but what about the godblast and jarnbjorn stuff?

It matters not how many consistent feats he has in Marvel Comics, Hulk has "consistent" Tier 2 feats as well and Captain America has "consistent" higher feats, doesn't mean we should use them. Marvel is written by tons of different writers, and the power levels or character vary greatly. We simply have to decide what statistics are the most reliable, with their most usual showing and a bit of common sense.

Well Thor is sometimes Herald level and sometimes Skyfather level, sometimes he's as strong as the Silver Surfer, and sometimes he keeps up with Skyfather, basically Hela, who is "4-B, possibly 2-C", also Thor suppresses himself in the mortal realm, so his 4-B showings aren't his Full power unlike Hulk and Captain America.

Also what are your thoughts on the Full Power Godblast and Jarnbjorn?

God Blast I'm okay with being Tier 2. Anything else is "...ehhh" at most.

Also I do agree with Asgardians being stronger in their realm. They are described constantly to be a lot stronger in Asgard akin to higher-dimensions, but again it's better to wait on confirmation of this regard.

Honestly I think upgrading Godblast is fine (We see him damaging Odin level beings a ton)

That said the most that can upgrade base Thor is still only Tier 4

Technically didn't we have a 4-A with Godblast before the Galactus downgrade? I mean conceptually alone it isn't unheard of, but yeah it's better to look for more input I suppose.

Hellbeast1 said:
I mean don't we put Celestials as vastly higher then Odin
Yes, but The one that damaged Exitar took away Thor's Immortality and completely destroyed Mjolnir

but the one that almost killed Majeston Zelia had no drawbacks.

Well, in lack of better wordings, Thor is more "consistently inconsistent" than even most other Marvel characters in terms of high-level feats, so I am uncertain if we should give him a similar rating to Hela (Marvel Comics). Again, you should ask all of the members that I mentioned earlier to comment here.

I disagree with this as well, same reasons as above and as always, no wonder all of this happened in all his years of history, but that doesn't mean it's consistent next to his general portrayal of power. In a less bigger and/or less inconsistent verse then sure this would maybe do something.

• Low 2-C base Thor I'm not for since it's just taking outlier showings at face value. However the Godblast being higher is okay imo
  • As before Odin, Galactus, and the Celestials are inconsistent and usually trashed on in order for the worf effect to be set. Using them as solid scaling is like using Gladiator or Aquaman as solid scaling points. It doesn't really work.
  • Thor did not kill Exitar. In fact the story makes multiple notes about how out of his league Thor is. Exitar just blasts Thor out of his body, heals from the damage, then makes a clone of Thor to yeets normal Thor back to Earth
  • Gorr and Hela are also inconsistent in terms of portrayal
Here's an important thing to remember. The Celestials are not consistently 2-A, Odin has way more tier 5-3 feats than Tier 2, and Galactus is usually used as worf bait like the Living Tribunal to hype up something. Just because we rate these characters at a certain level does not make it consistent nor does it mean it's okay to just universally upscale people who fight them. The most important thing to consider is how the story where the feats happened in treats those characters.

I strongly agree with @Qawsedf234.

And i have a lot of good feats and explanations about Thor to give him a good upgrade, but I have to prepare a text where I have to explain Thor as a super-hero vs. Thor as divinity, which is something consistent throughout Thor's comics, and is the only thing that explains why in title X of the avengers he is being beaten by Hulk, and in his own volume in Arc Y, he is beating a multiversal God, like the dark Gods.

I think that Qawsedf234 makes good sense. Thank you for helping out.

Well the godblast, like everything Thor releated, varies. It has feats that put it in the lower 4-B range to the previously mentioned 2-C scaling. If included then it should be "Varies from 4-B to 2-C" or soemthing.

What about it slightly damaging Exitar? that one was above every other Godblast as Thor using it completely destroyed Mjolnir

I mean, he shot it at Exitar's brain, cracked the case, then it shattered the hammer. I'm not seeing that as super valid 2-A scaling since it wasn't even used against his outer armor.

If you mean his ax against Exitar then it doesn't count as an AP feat, since the weapon was made specifically to breech Celestial Armor and anyone could replicate what Thor did.

I agree with Alonik in the way that, these feats shouldn't mean much when it comes to "mortal" Thor, but I think a case can be made for Divine Thor being stronger than the one on Earth, not sure to which extent completely though

You'd have a better argument arguing for Low 2-C Base Superman than Thor. The comic where Thor fights Zeus is extremely old and Zeus hadn't been established as Odin's equal.

The Glory's feat is nowhere near Tier 2 from the comic's statements.

Hela is at a variable tier because no writer can decide if she's meant to be on Thor's level or on Odin's level at any given time.

Thor damaging Surtur and Galactus are irrelevant. Every cosmic villain in Superhero Comics jobs like that. Even Spider-Man can stagger Galactus by swinging with his feet at his head from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back