• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor (MCU) vs Wonder Woman (DCEU)

I'm thinking Diana via experience (5000 years to Thor's 1053) the ability to absorb or even deflect Thor's thunderbotls and her Regen (Low but it's better then Thor's lack thereof)

Voting for WW because of her energy projection/absorption/redirection and AP advantage.

Awakaned Thor has been shown to fire lightning various way, including from the sky (which she won't be looking at if her opponent is shooting electricity from his beard or something), shooting electricity through other enemies, pull enemies with his electricity, have lightning protect his back while he fights, have lightning flail outwards with every attack and chain lightning towards other objects or beings.

Thor's got variety on his side this time around. I'm voting for Thor.

@Hellbeast:

Thor does have Regenerationn (low). Hell, his lightning can regenerate him from dying from being backhanded as a normal human to full health asgardian in a second.

Hellbeast1 said:
I'm thinking Diana via experience (5000 years to Thor's 1053) the ability to absorb or even deflect Thor's thunderbotls and her Regen (Low but it's better then Thor's lack thereof)
Wonder Wonans first fight was in WW1 tho.

@Gemmy when i commented on this Thor didn't have Regenerationn on his page for some odd reason.

@Gargoyled Diana was trained for more then 4000 years, harder then any Amazon before her to the point where she was able to hold her own against a more experienced opponent twice, so i'd hardly say the WW1 point is that massive a deal.

Hellbeast1 said:
@Gemmy when i commented on this Thor didn't have Regenerationn on his page for some odd reason.

@Gargoyled Diana was trained for more then 4000 years, harder then any Amazon before her to the point where she was able to hold her own against a more experienced opponent twice, so i'd hardly say the WW1 point is that massive a deal.
There's a huge difference between training, and experience.

Anyway, Thor, constant lightning spam on top of fighting Wondie in CQC is going to be too much for her. Combine that with multiple AoE attacks and range and he takes the win.

@Gargoyle fair enough but when you have literally spent twice as long as someone is alive, training you have the edge.

Also how's that lightning spam going to work when WW has the ability to send it right back to the opponent? Her attack reflection soundly renders Thor's range quite null, same with the AOE's.

Not really.

WWs biggest fights were Justice League which didn't take much, The WW movie, and BvS, which was with a lot of help.

Thor was THE driving force in Thor, Dark World, Ragnarok, the Avengers, fought on par with Loki multiple times, briefly fought back Hela, Easily stomped Hulk, he has a pretty hefty advantage in pure experience over Wonder Woman, so I have no idea where Edge in skill and Expirience can factor here.

The fact that it has an AOE? The fact that he can fire up to 6 at once? The fact that he can instantly cause a storm above him and create a home field advantage

Also, redirecting Lightning at a guy who's literally the god of Lightning and channels it through him as a norm, at best it'll show cosmetic damage.

I find your argument that he was a driving in the films you listed matters little considering he fought FAR inferior opponents to Diana in all but one of them(Malekith V Ares). Also i dont think him firing 6 matters when Diana has MHS+ reaction times (could effortlessly block and deflect thunder bolts, could also perceive her sword sent to her by flash somewhat). Also the God of Lightning point feels like an odd point, its like saying that Thor can beat GOW! Zeus due to his channeling Lightning.

God of Thunder, Gargoyle, not lightning. But I get the point.

Anyway, Thor should take this. What he lacks in experience, he more than makes up for it with raw power. I mean this is the guy who would've beat the Hulk into submission if Grandmaster didn't stop him. Also, creating a storm would give him the home field advantage as mentioned above.

Overall, I give it to Thor.

Hellbeast1 said:
I find your argument that he was a driving in the films you listed matters little considering he fought FAR inferior opponents to Diana in all but one of them(Malekith V Ares). Also i dont think him firing 6 matters when Diana has MHS+ reaction times (could effortlessly block and deflect thunder bolts, could also perceive her sword sent to her by flash somewhat). Also the God of Lightning point feels like an odd point, its like saying that Thor can beat GOW! Zeus due to his channeling Lightning.
All but two, you're kinda forgetting Hela, who has a win against Ares ironically.

Also, Wonder Woman has exactly one fight where she fought someone on her own level one on one, and she lost until she awakened and proceeded to stomp him.

Yes, she's MHS+ for reacting to Lightning, if she could react to 6 lightning strikes simultaneously from different directions, she'd be Sub Realitivistic, said Lighting has an AOE, so Thor doesn't need to fire it all at the same spot.

No, it's common sense, admittedly using the argument that he's the god of Lighting should've scrapped as it's easy to misunderstand, but it's simple.

Fire to Fire? Probably little affect, Ice to Ice? Same thing. Lightning to Lightning? Exact same thing. Point is, you quite literally use lightning as your main attack and Lightning strikes even ehnhance your strength, why would a redirected Lighting bolt that isn't ehnhanced in any way even scratch you?

1) I was referring to Ragnarok from your list of films, in which Hela is the antagonist 2) Fair enough but Thor fought far inferior foes to Prince before Ragnarok, it was only then he found foes anywhere near Diana. 3) Thats... Actually a good point 4) I still dont think it works, if that was true Thor would have resistance to Electrical attacks on his profile, which he dosen't. This is compunded upon by his being harmed by Grandmaster's shock collar and the shock net thing when he arrived at Sakaar, true that is a different type of electricity but it's still notableas we list lightning under electricity on this wiki.

Thor for reasons above. Also if he had mjolnir, he could sit it on top of her and stomp her out since she has no proof of being worthy :^)

He used it against Hulk in their fight on the SHIELD flying fortress I think.

Hulk also tried catching it but it instantly pinned him on the ground.

4) We don't include resistance to the person using their own element because it's completely redundant.

Is Natsu effected by other fire? Nope. But it isn't on his page. Is Rukia affected by Ice? Not in any way, but it isn't on her page.

It's common sense, you channel an element through your own body and it's of zero consequence to you? It's probably not effecting you, so it's not going to be effected when you happen to take a little bit more from an attack just as powerful. He was also affected by a different form of Lightning, while WW is redirecting his own Lightning.

1. And as for MakeKith? Or the Hulk? (Albeit Thor stomped)

If you mean why i brought up Malekith i was simply using him as a benchmark for how powerful Pre Ragnarok's foes are compared to Diana's (since you used his non Ranarok escapades as evidence)

The shock disk used in Sakaar is literally embedded on Thor's neck to fry his nerves, and he resisted it enough to raise his arm to defend against Hulk's sky drop.

Loki froze up on the spot when it was put on his back.

Thor dropping his hammer is a little unfair tho. We don't even know if WW is worthy or not so I don't think that argument should be used here.

AKM sama said:
Thor dropping his hammer is a little unfair tho. We don't even know if WW is worthy or not so I don't think that argument should be used here.
Well even if she was, Cap was somewhat worthy, yet couldn't even lift it an inch. Though she did do it in the comics, not in the movies.

Canonicity is a thing and neither the MCU canon nor the DCEU canon shows her worthiness of the hammer, and is therefore not usable in a versus discussion, imo. Thor using it to pin her down is fair game.

Not that it would happen as 6-C Thor is hammerless Thor.

Back