• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Valiant_Abyss

He/Him
Base Thor is used. Thor is bloodlusted. Speed is equalized, SBA otherwise.

Thor: 2 (Soma_King, Popted2)

Oni: 7 (SamanPatou, Sir_Marvulous, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Armorchompy, Gabs22_Gamer, I’m Blue, Reploidnoridomix)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
This is a tough one but I'll try and go over it, for AP Thor has an almost neglible advantage, as both upscale from very similar calcs, skill-wise Oni should have a slight advantage but Thor isn't that far below and his combat experience is much higher. Thor is obviously the better flyer and has the better mobility as he has actual flight and is far more mobile and uses it far more effectively. Oni's lightning is ineffective against Thor for obvious reasons and resists way higher heats than what Oni can produce, where as Oni doesn't resist lightning himself. Thor's flight and more accessible range advantage also leaves him ways to avoid getting Raging Demon'd. Thor could potentially nullify Oni's form of teleportation as he teleports via lightning...the thing Thor manipulates. His efficient regen and healing while minor, lets him have much greater survivability in the long run, especially via playing the keep away game.

Thor has a slight LS advantage by being class M from feats where he was massively weakened. Honestly the biggest advantage though for Thor as always is Mjolnir itself, he can always do the very in-character and classic movie of just pinning Oni with it to Incap, and considering he can do this at range by just tossing Mjolnir at him, it's very likely.

All in all, I give this to Thor in a high difficulty fight.

Shun Goku Satsu instakill Thor?
It CAN, but that's only if he can hit him with it, and considering speed equal, it's exclusively melee attack, and Thor can just fly out of the way or dodge, it's significantly less likely to take out Thor where as Thor just needs to wail on him or incap via hammer pin.

Thor by nature usually starts in hand-to-hand combat when the opponent is noticeably humanoid. Additionally, Akuma has two layer of intingibility (since he can pass through non physical beings like Kage), and also has moves that can eliminate Thor's existence with a single move

I cannot see how Thor can have the biggest advantage here simply because he flies, since Akuma is quite agile

he has A move that can kill Thor, and he doesn't just go right for it immediately. Thor will start in close combat, and still do fine, but once he realizes it's as close as it is, and what Oni can do, he'll play it smarter, also Intangibility is with a specific move that is actually pretty predictable as it just sends you forward and he has to stop it to attack, something Thor can counter by dropping lighting around himself or flying up. Meanwhile if Oni tries to disarm Thor or catch Mjolnir, he gets his hand pinned.

Also, again, Thor doesn't JUST have an advantage in flight, has flight, mobility, area control, regen, healing, better applicable range, resists Oni's elemental attacks, isn't that far behind in skill, a solid advantage in LS and the slightest advantage in AP.

This isn't an easy fight, but Thor holds more cards that swing it into his favour.

skill-wise Oni should have a slight advantage but Thor isn't that far below and his combat experience is much higher.
I heavily disagree with this, Iron Man and Hulk were more than capable of engaging him in h2h and put up a fight, but none of them 3 have nearly the same skill feats as Oni, who can seemingly just waltz around Thor and destroy him.

Oni's lightning is ineffective against Thor for obvious reasons and resists way higher heats than what Oni can produce, where as Oni doesn't resist lightning himself.
The first part isn't true, Thor has no resistance to electricity on his file, and just being the god of thunder doesn't give you resistance by default, otherwise we could say the same about Oni.
Also, Oni's Gorai Hadoken is Ki powered up by electricity, meaning that even if Thor were to resist the latter, he'd still suffer the impact of the projectile. It's true that Thor resists higher heat, but the same goes for the Shakunetsu Hadoken, he'd resist the fire but not the force.
And still, most of Oni's Hadokens are just ki, the enhanced versions are a plus.

Thor could potentially nullify Oni's form of teleportation as he teleports via lightning...the thing Thor manipulates.
Show me Thor null'ing lighting based teleportation by controlling someone else's lightings, instead of just summoning or generating them.

Thor has a slight LS advantage by being class M from feats where he was massively weakened.
Actually, Thor's calc is about 14 times below Zangief's, who happens to be massively weaker than Oni.
It's true that the demon can't grabs Mjolnir, but I don't know why he'd do it in the first place, and he if they were to grapple each other, Oni could easily shove him around, pin him down, restrain him or break his bones, given he's got both the AP and LS necessary to do it.

From what I recall and rewatched, Thor doesn't just fly in the sky to spam lightings and environemental destruction, and even then Oni could always reach him by using his jumps, aerial movements, projectiles and the Sekia Kuretsuha, which reaches very high in the sky, assuming Thor doesn't go incredibly high and snipes, but at that point it'd be difficult even for him to reach Oni or aim at him properly and especially catch him.

Also yeah, the Shun Goku Satsu's instant kill, Thor committed enough sins to be sent straigth to hell by that move.

he has A move that can kill Thor, and he doesn't just go right for it immediately.
Oni can pull off at any moment actually, given he's constantly bloodlusted and craves death, and even base Akuma uses it to get rid of people who piss him off, sometimes even using it at the beginng of a match (see him vs. Bison and vs.Gouken)

Thor will start in close combat, and still do fine, but once he realizes it's as close as it is, and what Oni can do, he'll play it smarter
Who tells you that? Oni might even be crazy and bloodlusted, but the skill's stays the same, and Akuma's the same who's leagues more skilled than the likes of Ryu, and has competed with fighting geniuses like Gen and Oro.

Imho, Oni's got many more chances to take this.

I heavily disagree with this, Iron Man and Hulk were more than capable of engaging him in h2h and put up a fight, but none of them 3 have nearly the same skill feats as Oni, who can seemingly just waltz around Thor and destroy him.
I completely agree with having the advantage, but Hulk was always only brute forcing his way into fighting him, where in both fights they had it was explicitly clear that Thor has the skill advantage, as for Iron Man, he's shown multiple occasions of scanning an enemies fighting style and countering it and it was their very first encounter where Thor was actually beating him for most of it and was only caught off guard by all the little quirks of Iron Man's armour, not really good examples of him fighting, where as we have direct statements and feats of him fighting "The best of the best" and making them look like mallcops without any of his powers, and has taken on countless enemies who have thousands of years of combat experience like Hela, Surtur, and Malekith, all of whom have been doing battle and reaping destruction and war for thousands of years, Hela herself even helping Odin conquer most of the realms. Thor has held his own against all of them, and has taken on Thanos who is a master combatant himself. This is also ignoring his own experience as he's lived for nearly 1500 years and has stated himself that most of that has been fighting as he's killed double as many foes as he's been alive. This is also ignoring that while he appears of average intelligence, Asgardians are incredibly advanced and intelligent, shown by him having some of the best schooling and has even traded scientific know-how with some of the MCU's brightest minds.

The first part isn't true, Thor has no resistance to electricity on his file, and just being the god of thunder doesn't give you resistance by default, otherwise we could say the same about Oni.
Also, Oni's Gorai Hadoken is Ki powered up by electricity, meaning that even if Thor were to resist the latter, he'd still suffer the impact of the projectile. It's true that Thor resists higher heat, but the same goes for the Shakunetsu Hadoken, he'd resist the fire but not the force.
And still, most of Oni's Hadokens are just ki, the enhanced versions are a plus.

Imo, Thor should, he's been blasted by lightning and has channeled it through himself and Mjolnir enough times to show that, but ignoring that you're right, there is still the force behind the attacks, which can be blocked or deflected with Mjolnir, something he's done countless times against a number of different kinds of energy attacks.

Show me Thor null'ing lighting based teleportation by controlling someone else's lightings, instead of just summoning or generating them.
Sorry hit send by accident so just consider this the same reply, as for Nulling the teleport, I mispoke on that one, sorry, I wasn't meaning literally powernulling and more just manipulating lightning itself, since Oni's teleportation is through lightning. If he's teleporting through the lightning, Thor can just keep the lightning away.

Last edited:
Actually, Thor's calc is about 14 times below Zangief's, who happens to be massively weaker than Oni.
It's true that the demon can't grabs Mjolnir, but I don't know why he'd do it in the first place, and he if they were to grapple each other, Oni could easily shove him around, pin him down, restrain him or break his bones, given he's got both the AP and LS necessary to do it.

From what I recall and rewatched, Thor doesn't just fly in the sky to spam lightings and environemental destruction, and even then Oni could always reach him by using his jumps, aerial movements, projectiles and the Sekia Kuretsuha, which reaches very high in the sky, assuming Thor doesn't go incredibly high and snipes, but at that point it'd be difficult even for him to reach Oni or aim at him properly and especially catch him.

Also yeah, the Shun Goku Satsu's instant kill, Thor committed enough sins to be sent straigth to hell by that move.

That's a scaling from a Thor who is massively weaker than base Thor, the same weakened Thor that was still winning against Iron Man, but i do concede that Oni is likely stronger in LS, but that also doesn't mean Thor is helpless in a grapple, as he can still send Mjolnir out to hit Oni, or call down lightning to strike him. As for breaking my bones, if Thor gets the chance, that just gets fixed with regen.

Thor flying is pretty in character, he has flown up into the air and spammed lightning in almost every fight unless he can't move around properly or is manhandling the enemy normally. As for Oni's stuff, i wasn't meaning that Oni is purely ground based, just that Thor has the much higher mobility in the air than Oni, so if Oni goes into the air, it's likely he'll be at much more of a disadvantage than Thor, especially since Thor can just send and manipulate Mjolnir from a distance to pin or attack, and send lightning or tornadoes around to batter him and sweep him up while in the air, where as Thor can simply block and deflect Oni's projectiles.

And yeah, no one is disputing Raging Demon kills Thor. That's Oni's biggest wincon after all.

Who tells you that? Oni might even be crazy and bloodlusted, but the skill's stays the same, and Akuma's the same who's leagues more skilled than the likes of Ryu, and has competed with fighting geniuses like Gen and Oro.
I'm more meaning, when Thor sees that it's as close as it is in CQC, he'll move onto playing it smarter, not that he is more skilled or anything.

also sorry for the message spam, i have a bad hand so it keeps hitting the send button before I'm done and I can't add "replies" into edited messages.

I completely agree with having the advantage, but Hulk was always only brute forcing his way into fighting him, where in both fights they had it was explicitly clear that Thor has the skill advantage
He had, but he still got hit quit a lot of times, by anyone who was basically berserkering the fight, and he was even about to lose.

,as for Iron Man, he's shown multiple occasions of scanning an enemies fighting style and countering it and it was their very first encounter where Thor was actually beating him for most of it and was only caught off guard by all the little quirks of Iron Man's armour,
I didn't account those, Iron Man could land some punches, headbutts and a throw, pretty mundane cqc stuff that seemingly didn't stem from crazy calculations and which could have been countered by raw skill.

not really good examples of him fighting, where as we have direct statements and feats of him fighting "The best of the best" and making them look like mallcops without any of his powers
This means little if we don't know how good these best of the best are, and Oni pretty much did the same in his verse, and is like, the in the top 2 of pure skill in a world were everyone has crazy and weird fighting styles.
Like, people who are vastly less skilled that Oni are already stated to reprenset the pinnacle of martial arts.

, and has taken on countless enemies who have thousands of years of combat experience like Hela, Surtur, and Malekith, all of whom have been doing battle and reaping destruction and war for thousands of years. Hela herself even helping Odin conquer most of the realms. Thor has held his own against all of them. This is also ignoring his own experience as he's lived for nearly 1500 years and has stated himself that most of that has been fighting as he's killed double as many foes as he's been alive
This requires context tho, you can lead armies to mow through lands with a speck of your military prowess and still learn nothing about how to face someone who equals you in stats and has abilities you've never seen.
Likewise, you can go on the first lines of a battlefield for a million years and gain nothing if you just stomp armies of people who are strong like ants in comparison to you.

and has taken on Thanos who is a master combatant himself
Thanos's cqc skill never seemed anything special when compared to SF people, let alone the top tiers tbh

. This is also ignoring that while he appears of average intelligence, Asgardians are incredibly advanced and intelligent, shown by him having some of the best schooling and has even traded scientific know-how with some of the MCU's brightest minds.
I never denied this, but in this context, such knowledge has to be applied to the context of battle, a physics phd can perfectly loose a fight against an unschooled thug.

Imo, Thor should, he's been blasted by lightning and has channeled it through himself and Mjolnir enough times to show that, but ignoring that you're right, there is still the force behind the attacks,
We generally don't give resistance to characters who channel their own element through them, otherwise you can just give resistance to everyone who surrounds themselves in their own element or shoot it from their limbs.

which can be blocked or deflected with Mjolnir, something he's done countless times against a number of different kinds of energy attacks.
The same goes for Oni, he fought projectiles users for his entire life, and the SF world is full of people who use elemental attacks.

Sorry hit send by accident so just consider this the same reply, as for Nulling the teleport, I mispoke on that one, sorry, I wasn't meaning literally powernulling and more just manipulating lightning itself, since Oni's teleportation is through lightning. If he's teleporting through the lightning, Thor can just keep the lightning away.
We should have evidence of him doing that, it's not that long of a process, Oni calls down a lightning and reappears elsewhere through another one, it doesn't mean Thor has the ability and awareness to control that lightning and redirect it, and it's not going to do much at most, since Oni doesn't seemingly use such ability that much in a fight, since it appears to be more of a travel device.

That's a scaling from a Thor who is massively weaker than base Thor, the same weakened Thor that was still winning against Iron Man, but i do concede that Oni is likely stronger in LS,
It's about the same as Oni massively scaling above Zangief who crushed the log, and we still start from base values that are a dozen times distant from each other.

but that also doesn't mean Thor is helpless in a grapple, as he can still send Mjolnir out to hit Oni, or call down lightning to strike him.
These are situational depending on the kind of grapple, but Oni's fighting style doesn't seem to involve actual submissions, more like grips meant to lead to strikes

As for breaking my bones, if Thor gets the chance, that just gets fixed with regen.
He still needs some time, and a broken limb can severly impair him in the fight and lead to him being badly combo'd or suffering from several clean hits.

Thor flying is pretty in character, he has flown up into the air and spammed lightning in almost every fight unless he can't move around properly or is manhandling the enemy normally. As for Oni's stuff, i wasn't meaning that Oni is purely ground based, just that Thor has the much higher mobility in the air than Oni, so if Oni goes into the air, it's likely he'll be at much more of a disadvantage than Thor, especially since Thor can just send and manipulate Mjolnir from a distance to pin or attack, and send lightning or tornadoes around to batter him and sweep him up while in the air, where as Thor can simply block and deflect Oni's projectiles.
Going too high in the air and spam can be detrimental even for Thor, because the higher and farther he goes, the more difficult it becomes for him to snipe Oni, given his mobility and skill, and could border his range limitations.
Oni isn't a DBZ air fighter, yes, but he's still got a few options to reach and bring down a flying opponent. Oni can use moves like these, fire his normal and powered-up projectiles in many direction and even while airborne, perform the Raging Demon in mid-air and shoot a giant pillar of energy high into the sky.
I agree that Thor's the better in flight, but Oni's got the smarts and battle-savvyness to figure out the right moment to pull out one of these or similar.
Also, countering projectiles and ranged attacks isn't Thor's exclusive, the same can be said of Oni and any SF character who learned to deal with projectile users. And even then, Oni's prowess with projectiles is so good to be a challenge to Oro, who considers the projectiles or any other SF character to be like plaything for youngsters.

Oni isn't a DBZ air fighter, yes, but he's still got a few options to reach and bring down a flying opponent.

He can propel himself midair with Ki propulsion... kind of like Kid Goku with KameHameHa or Bakugou from MHA.

Also Teleportation exists. So flying enemies should definitely not be a problem.

Oni FRA.

Yes, I didn't mention it in my analysis (although I also put that move in his profile myself, lol) because we don't know the true extent of the ability, but it surely is an option to consider and that helps himm

Fighting for centuries or millennia doesn't really mean anything when you're tier 6, just about any and all opponents will just get stomped without any need of skill on your part. I'm sure Thor fought a decent amount of people on his level in his past but at the same time I doubt it was that frequent. I don't think that really holds up in the face of Oni being far more skilled than people with more concrete feats.

Yes, I didn't mention it in my analysis (although I also put that move in his profile myself, lol) because we don't know the true extent of the ability, but it surely is an option to consider and that helps himm
I also must mention that his levitation is a thing, which can at least keep him suspended in the points he reaches.

Fighting for centuries or millennia doesn't really mean anything when you're tier 6, just about any and all opponents will just get stomped without any need of skill on your part. I'm sure Thor fought a decent amount of people on his level in his past but at the same time I doubt it was that frequent. I don't think that really holds up in the face of Oni being far more skilled than people with more concrete feats.
I take it that this is an Oni vote?

Back