• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thomas the Tank Engine page cleanup

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok, I want to create a seperate thread because the last one is really messy and chaotic. We all know the Thomas profile is really bad, and I'm proposing a cleanup.

Thomas
Thomas is a tank engine who lives at a Big Station on the Island of Sodor. He's a cheeky little engine, with six small wheels, a short, stumpy funnel, a short, stumpy boiler and a short, stumpy dome.
~ The Narrator describing Thomas​
Summary

Thomas is a blue tank engine who works on the North Western Railway. He originally worked as the station pilot at Knapford, but longed to leave his yard to go out and see the world. After helping to rescue James from a nasty accident, Thomas was rewarded with two new coaches, Annie and Clarabel and was given the responsibility of running the Ffarquhar Branch Line, where he continues to work to this day.

Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A

Name:
Thomas the Tank Engine

Origin: Thomas and Friends

Classification: Tank Engine, Sentient Steam Locomotive

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Vehicular Physiology, Heat Manipulation

Attack Potency: Small Building level (Can create this amount of energy while carrying full cargo)

Speed: SuperHuman (His top speed is 30-40.0 mph)

Lifting Strength: Class K (Has a towing capacity of 272.115 tons)

Striking Strength: Small Building Class (Has a towing capacity of 272.115 tons)

Durability: Small Building level (Has survived crashes from fellow steam Locomotives with similar Tech specs)

Stamina: High

Range: Extended melee range physically

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Average

Weaknesses: Cannot move if he falls off track, needs fuel to move.
Now I don't know, nor am I very good with calcs, so I'll leave the AP and Speed portions unedited. For everything else, I'll explain the changes/removals.

Thomas has never been shown to use Gold Dust outside the movie, and even if he could, he can't physically use it without someone applying it for him. The wiki description even states that Gold Dust is used to get the Conductor family to and from Sodor and Shining Time. This is the description on the wiki, so I'm going to stick to this unless someone can provide evidence otherwise. Also, Universe+ range teleportation is upsurd given that it was never explicitly stated that the range was anything more than the distance between Sodor and Shining Time.

Now for portal creation. This simply doesn't work. Not only is it also movie only, but within the context of the movie (appropriately named the Magic Railway) Thomas' portals were made by being on the Magic Railway. My argument for this is that he doesn't use his portal creation outside of a specific scene of the movie, and Thomas made no conscious effort to use the portal. Hell, Thomas did not even anticipate the portal the first or the second time it happened. Thus, I can safely say it is the effect of the railway, and not Thomas' own power.

These are my proposed changes for everything except the AP and Speed. What does everyone think?

Edit: I forgot to mention that given the above, the entire movie key should just be removed and everything should just be base.

And we are going to have a problem if you remove the portal creation feat from his movie form without consulting an admin first.

With all due respect, I do not need your permission to make a content revision thread. Also, this thread is to see if anything needs to be changed or not. I'm not touching the profile until the mods look this thread over and make a decision.

You do not need my permission, sure, but i will not allow you to downgrade a profile just because you want to, specially since it took me time to research everything for the page for you just to decide what should or should not be removed.

So, i will wait for the admins here and make sure wathefver change its done it is done by the book.

Not to mention this just moots Thomas to be unable to do anything when any character he faces just destroys the roads, which is almost deliverate downplay.

I will be posting both clips of evidence used in the previous threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdXJByoyCMM&feature=youtu.be&t=1m50s

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dYxwP7zck4&feature=youtu.be

@Data

What he said on this thread is not true, and does not justify a change in the profile as shown in the clips ive posted above.

Thats why i have to make sure the admins can see the evidence and not just take OP´s claims as absoute truth.

I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting those same 2 clips. Literally there is no context to how the portals work, only that they exist. Yes we know the portals are there, but are they explicitly stated to be made by Thomas? No.

Just look at Thomas' face before every portal appearance. Does that look like a face of full confidence knowing that a portal is going to open up in front of him? No. This is the face of uncertain fear. Thomas did not know the portals were going to open up, thus telling us that he doesn't have the conscious ability to create them.

>thus telling us that he doesn't have the conscious ability to create them.

Then lets remove Haruhi´s 2-C right now.

Intentionality has NEVER been a factor in AP nor Abilites.

Has he made portals outside of that one scene?

Nope, magic coal + water from the well = gold dust.

And, does it matter if he has or hasnt?

A feat its a feat, ive never heard something so ridiculous before as 'he has to do the feat twice or else it doesnt count".

Seroously, apply your logic to literally any other character and youll get laughed out of the thread.

I guess goku isnt low 2-c now because he didnt shake the world of void twice.

But Gold Dust isn't what makes the portals? Gold Dust is what the Conductors use to teleport. And show me when it was said that the coal was magic, or that it allows users to teleport.

Also saying portal creation is caused by the magic coal is false, as the first time Thomas went into a portal, he wasn't hauling coal.

Also, I read the wiki, it's not coal that makes Gold Dust, it's a piece of the Magic Railway.

I never said that, they would be 9-B if what JSW said was true. Also I recall most of the cast ramming through walls most of the time.

>they would be 9-B

Woah, thanks for not getting the obvious irony.

Now you've shown everybody you are just planning to downgrade Thomas, even when the AP has already been calced.

Sorry, but Portal Creation should stay for his movie version because he creates a portal TWICE in the same movie.

Calc is faulty, as I have proven

You are literally using a source that says that Thomas is smaller than the model he's based off of to find his weight, and it's also assuming he's constantly carrying as much as possible

I keep trying to tell you, all the evidence points to him not being able to use portal creation without the Magic Railroad.

>He wasn't aware of any of the portals

>He didn't use such a useful ability anywhere else in the movie when he needed it

>He didn't outright state he did it

>In fact, no explanation whatsoever was given as to why the portals happened, they just did

>No context, no feat

Alright, Megaboy has been banned. Does anyone else oppose the above changes?

I'm not changing the AP here. The AP and speed remains the same as the current ratings for the profile. What I'm changing are the powers and abilities.

Oh sorry miss understood what you meant 😅.

Also yeah I agree in changing it. Being the one who researched part of this so it would be 9-B but still show some 9-A I say I'm simi familiar with the character. And tbh I actually had watched that movie when I was younger. The portal doesn't seem to be created by Thomas, and I though teleportation would have been removed earlier.

Back