• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This wiki is too small for the two of us

Status
Not open for further replies.
All "arguments" for CH are saying "what about this", "what about that". It's like they're pushing for CH to win. He's not some sort of god that can do everything at once.

In the majority of circumstances, Arthur wins for reasons stated above.

DivineTedrius said:
Wait, what exactly is stopping CH from building a piece of artillery to blast Arthur or whatever building he's in? it wouldn't need to be from the modern day, it's not a vehicle, and he'd certainly be able to operate it. It's sort of a last resort so I don't know if he'd do it as option A, but it seems possible.
He's pretty familiar with weapons in his time, still doesn't save him from Dead Eye.

There hasn't been any counter for my arguments either other than "Nah, CH's is better", "CH is the best at (blank)" and "the reasons for Arthur's win is pretty stupid"

The arguments for CH are just putting Arthur in different scenraio's. First it was him getting sniped at by getting distracted by traps, then it was "CH has this", and now it's "what is stopping CH from". It's not even Arthur vs CH anymore, it's like Arthur was different scenario's each day

In most logical situations you look at this, Arthur wins. Unless you make it completely impossible for him to win by "CH bulting a piece of artillery to blast Arthur or whatever building he is in". It's like me asking "How do you know Arthur is going to be in that specific building". Literally nitpicking

But if you really want me to answer. He's been in that situation before. Sensed there was danger, and got out with time to spare + he could do the exact same thing fam

The thing is that CH picks the scenario. He's invading a town with the intent to kill Arthur, who is fixed into being in the town by the OP. Pretty much the entire point of battles with CH is discussing what he can do, since he doesn't have a set personality that dictates his course of action, and his possibilities are immense with prep. What I'm doing is just that, giving suggestions. It might not even be what happens given CH's limited info on Arthur (It's not as if he knows he's superhuman after all), so of course Arthur has a way to win here if CH treats Arthur like a typical RL cowboy.

That said Arthur fleeing from sensing danger isn't really an option here, and even if it was he'd lose the battle by BFRing himself in that case.

"That's as long as he's in range of Arthur's shots."

Arthur's range with his guns are absolutely insane. Even without snipers.

Your argument still falls under the idea of multiple different situations. That's still begging CH to win and makes it ridiculiously unfair for Arthur. In pretty much all situations given, Arthur wins. The situation you have given literally makes it nigh-impossible for Arthur to win.

The fact of the matter still remains. In most logicial ways, and most set ways CH can approach this, Arthur will win. And even then, like you said "It's just a suggestion" and a last resort, which he will probably be dead by before he can use. Arthur's tatical side is being heavily downplayed.

And if we don't know the exact situation and how CH will treat Arthur, then assuming and giving him the benefit of the doubt and a specific mind set is setting everything against Arthur. Suggesting different scenario's and putting Arthur in them and ASSUMING CH will do as such is literally searching for Arthur to lose.

Anyway. I've said my piece. People can vote for who they want. I'll reply tomorrow when grace period is over

What determines an outcome isn't even wether a character would win in most scenarios, but what would happen in the most likely scenario. Otherwise Star Wars would be losing a lot more battles if we assume they wouldn't be using mindhax.

And searching for a reason that a character in a battle will win is the entire point of CH. Particularly in this battle where he's literally building his own equipment. We have to assume one situation or another if the match is going to work at all. In fact, if CH is dead set on winning the battle then hell yes will he pick the approach that puts him in the least amount of danger, instead of trying to challenge Arthur at his own game. That's why I'm suggesting this approach. It's not me being biased against Arthur, it's CH being determined to win it in the most effective way possible, and that would mean putting Arthur in a difficult to win situation, like it or not.

do we actually have enough votes though? I may be miscounting, but i'm not seeing enough.

Wait nvm you're right. I don't really agree myself but eh you don't get to argue ''every'' thread. I'll close this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back