• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[this thread has been blocked by the EU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxForward

Joke Battles
Retired
Attention everyone on this wiki, everyone on the internet, this is not a drill. This isn't clickbait, lying etc.

This is serious.

Article 13 (The European Meme Ban) can delete the internet as we know it. Every video you make, every meme you post, everything. Only big companies will be allowed to post stuff. It's what we should be fighting for, PewDiePie vs T-Series and Net Neutrality are like a speck compared to it.

And I hear you asking "BUT MAAAAAAX!!!1 THIS WILL ONLY BE A PROBLEM IN THE EUROPEAN UNION!!!!" I will say only one thing to you. Remember the We've updated our Privacy Policy spam? That was due to the GDPR, which was made by the EU.

And according to YouTube CEO Susan "Demonetized" Wojojocjicgkvkdhdjvifhdhjgjahdkvhwjki, If it passes, it will be a threat to individuality on all websites, including YouTube and FANDOM, which means billions of videos, posts and memes and thousands of content creators getting censored.

But, it isn't unstoppable.

HERE'S WHAT TO DO:

1) Spread the word. (This needs to be super viral, I did my part by highlighting and announcing this thread)

2) Make content about Article 13. (Make memes, videos, posts, tweets whatever. This needs attention.)

3) Call your MEP's if you live in Europe. (We need their opinion, and if they support Article 13, we'll change their mind.)

Here's MatPat's video about it, he does a pretty good job at explaining it: https://youtu.be/GbXHrj8k7dg

Here are two official videos about Article 13 by YouTube:

https://youtu.be/VqW6mUaHsmA

https://youtu.be/TRYSxIYHS0w

More info about the Meme Ban: https://saveyourinternet.eu

Code:
#SaveYourInternet
Peace out.

-Max

#SaveYourInternet
Oh sorry, i was mistake to write with 1.

You're forgiven

They have already fixed up the poor wordings on Article 13 so this has already happened.

All it means is that you can't make money out of fanart online. You can draw fanart and post it online. You just can't sell it or anything.

So, nothing to worry about?

I mean, that's still a bit bullshit, but at least it doesn't impact us.

Crabwhale said:
So, nothing to worry about?

I mean, that's still a bit bullshit, but at least it doesn't impact us.
To quote myself: "I will say only one thing to you. Remember the We've updated our Privacy Policy spam? That was due to the GDPR, which was made by the EU."

@ Max

I was replying to Peppy's message, I know what this would entail.

Still though, if it's got YouTube, FANDOM and all these other companies this worried, I'd still keep an eye out.

is this a joke?

Pls tell me i'm senile. Because if not then i'm going to *says everything in an incomprehnsible mess*

DarkNeon1994 said:
Lucky, I lived in asia countries, so I don't affected
wait asia countries are not affected? Well i won't be then but still...why??

I don't really see what I can do about this

Seol404 said:
I don't really see what I can do about this
HERE'S WHAT TO DO:

1) Spread the word. (This needs to be super viral, I did my part by highlighting and announcing this thread)

2) Make content about Article 13. (Make memes, videos, posts, tweets whatever. This needs attention.)

3) Call your MEP's if you live in Europe. (We need their opinion, and if they support Article 13, we'll change their mind.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back