• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So after rereading issue 66, I feel like the ring Nate used was enhanced in some way like the Ring of Acorns. For one, he had it on his person to use as a last resort weapon, it makes sense for him to enhance it. The comic also describes the ring he used as "powerful" and while this would usually be a meaningless description, in the context of the story, I think it implies that he didn't use a normal ring. It doesn't really make sense for one regular ring to nullify the power of thousands Naugus had.

I also wouldn't feel confident saying Sonic could replicate a feat done by a genius like Nate without A. other evidence of rings performing power null and B. Sonic at least implying he's capable of doing so.

For B. Anybody could, in theory, use a Power Ring for anything it's shown previously capable of. Aside from what you pointed out, no Power Ring is special compared to the others and they all function identically (maybe aside from plot inconsistencies)

For example. Sonic could most likely wish himself to be a few years older just like Amy did, he just hasn't shown it. Does that mean that he couldn't, even if he wanted to do so? It's reasoba me to assume he could, considering it was just like any other Power Ring. Regardless, he knows they're capable of some pretty miraculous stuff considering he revived his father with one by doing nothing but wanting to do so and shouting "heal".

ShakeResounding said:
@Cal That's just their Power Nullification, man. Stuff like that is common for Power Rings, and Naugus doesn't resist it either. It'd be different if he did.
Naugus is also 2-A, and a hefty amount into it.

Amy didn't use a regular ring, she used the Ring of Acorns and she used all of its power at that. There is no way Sonic could replicate that with regular rings.

My argument that the comic describimg it as "powerful" means it's enhanced in a similar way to the Ring of Acorns is primarily to explain this extremely high showing for a power ring that doesn't really match any other showing. (Sonic reviving his dad in 136 not withstanding) Nate has the motive and knowhow to equip himself with an enhanced ring.

@Foney Was the Ring of Acorns even special in any way? I'm actually curious, it just seemed to be like any other Power Ring minus the chaotic nature.

It's implied in the comic to be more powerful since Nate made it with a Super Emerald and Elias saying it was their only method of healing Alicia. The encyclopedia also says it's a special ring. It also implies only the Ring of Acorns can grant wishes, which is odd considering issue 136.

edit: The way Elias describes using the ring matches the description of the ring Nate used. Along with it being described as powerful, it stands to reason that Nate used an enhanced ring.

Back