• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thematic matchups that would be/are stomps

Invincible vs Spawn.

Context: In Invincible #60, an Alternate Invincible tells Spawn he has killed him before, and alt universe Invincibles are basically taking over the world, to a degree where the government is begging the regular one for help despite having every superhero in the world on the scene.

However, Spawn would simply splatter him into the pavement instantly. In fact, if it were a Spawn comic, he could stop the Viltrumite species just killing them all with his bare hands.

Leonard Burns from Fire Force VS Kenpachi Zaraki - Both super strong Captains with eyepatches that beat the tar out of the protagonists they fought. That's it. That's literally it.

I was also going to throw in Lady Dimitrescu VS Leon S. Kennedy, but I think I could actually pull that off as a VS thread.

Pizzahead vs Cody Rhodes

mxxis30jsrab1.png
i7t621lqvweb1.jpg

Dora vs Amanda (ps: I dislike amanda profile)
I have a strong feeling that main Dora could be easily underestimated. But similar to any seemingly-non-combat verses, Dora is not well-analyzed. As far as I know, Dora has experiences some magic users and Dora could potentially have dodging feats and acrobatic feats. Also, you can think that Dora has introduced several items, which are useful in battle.

Twice vs Bonesaw

Both are basically known for creating weaker clones of their villain co-workers in their organization. Give both prep time and we basically get to have League of Villains vs Slaughterhouse 9 which would make for a fun discussion regarding how the powers interact and whether or not certain things are possible (Like does Shiragaki's clones have the decay wave or can Bonesaw make a Siberian clone).

If only Bonesaw didn't have broken disease manip that she can just pull out if given enough time, capable of killing people very fast and having city-wide range

Depends on the circumstances. Adventure Freddy is low 2-C. However, Freddy is 9-C, while Beast Bendy is 9-A. Therefore, without FNAF World Beast Bendy stomps.
There is also freddy in space freddy but he stomps or is stomped

How about Ignited Freddy
Make It a hax vs Brawl fight

Twice vs Bonesaw

Both are basically known for creating weaker clones of their villain co-workers in their organization. Give both prep time and we basically get to have League of Villains vs Slaughterhouse 9 which would make for a fun discussion regarding how the powers interact and whether or not certain things are possible (Like does Shiragaki's clones have the decay wave or can Bonesaw make a Siberian clone).

If only Bonesaw didn't have broken disease manip that she can just pull out if given enough time, capable of killing people very fast and having city-wide range
Twice also could just blitz and onetap

Doctor Manhattan vs Richard Nixon

Both are godlike beings with reality warping prowess
Smart Fellas
Capable of seeing the future
Both participated in cosmic events (Manhattan with DC and Nixon with the Great Division, kinda)
Even the creator of Nixon admitted to his connection with Manhattan

9S vs Satoru Gojo.
When the Nier anime came out there was a meme comparing the two. (This is the closest I can find)
But I can't think of a way for 9S to get past infinity. Well, he does have a way technically and it wont' work on Gojo cuz he's not a robot.

Also.
What the hell, she looks like A2 from this angle. And she and Gojo are good friends?

Well guess what match I would want next.

9S & A2 vs Gojo & Mei Mei

Also I don't know if it's a stomp but Pride VS Alucard. This is definitely something I'm going to put down in the future.
Cuz regenerating shadow monsters devour all.

So after seeing a particularly banger fan-made DB trailer and starting Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, I was considering making that MU. Came really close too upon seeing that devil hunters resist fire manip and thinking Aki can probably get around AP disadvantage with precog.

Until I looked at a scan where Roy makes fire appear on someone... repeatedly. Not sure if it's a bloodlust thing since I do know he has a grudge on the person but so far I haven't seen too many of his fights
Actually, Aki's speed advantage might make this pretty fair.

Was just planning on equalizing speed as usual but huh...

Apparently CSM is at around Mach 3 while Fullmetal Alchemist upscales from Mach 1. Though if I recall correctly doesn't a 2x speed gap cause a blitz?
Actually, this might be a stomp for Aki.

He can actually summon devils, and the Curse Devil can cause instant death. Plus, I think his sword has cut opponents that are like 80 times as strong as Roy's explosions, but that seems like slashing shenanigans.

Until I looked at a scan where Roy makes fire appear on someone... repeatedly. Not sure if it's a bloodlust thing since I do know he has a grudge on the person but so far I haven't seen too many of his fights
That's a semi accurate description. So you know how before lightning strikes, it first creates an ionized path for it to travel down. Mustang does something similar. Alchemy is effectively matter manipulation. So he changes the air around his target then creates a path back to him. And his gloves create a spark that then ignites the path. Detonating the air. I'd liken it to creating a trail of oil then dropping a match that lets it burn back to the oils tanks. Difference being that the entire process is near instantaneous.

So a path back to him does need to exist but yeah he is effectively spawning fire and explosions on someone to the point he's actually detonated someone's eyeballs once.

Johan Liebert Vs Tomie Kawakami, Both are manipulative, attract people with their beauty, killed their adoptive parents, change identities constantly, are called monsters and compared to the devil, have unknown origins, Kawakami means god/deity in japanese while Johan means "God is gracious" in hebrew(according to google)...but tomie has passive mind and empathic manip, although it isn't instant, she probably stomps

Last edited:
Johan Liebert Vs Tomie Kawakami, Both are manipulative, attract people with their beauty, killed their adoptive parents, change identities constantly, are called monsters and compared to the devil, have unknown origins, Kawakami means god/deity in japanese while Johan means "God is gracious" in hebrew(according to google)...but tomie has passive mind and empathic manip, although it isn't instant, she probably stomps
That's the issue when you put a grounded character against a supernatural one.

Yeah

I had hoped that maybe he would have a chace to manipulate her since her mind manip takes a long time to work on some people but his SI probably wouldn't work on her due to her personality
And any delay pretty much works against Johan.

Reminds me of Light Yagami who sometimes faces a similar issue with his own matchups. Several of his opponents have displays of intelligence that are outright supernatural.

As a supporter for the MU I'm about to bring up, KOS-MOS (Xenosaga, there's no page available on here but I've seen crazy things) would probably win against Zero (Mega Man X) so hard that he'd give up Maverick hunting and start flipping burgers for a local fast food joint.

Sucks that it's such a stomp (at least, IMO) because these characters are so similar with their themes of rebelling against their original intended purposes to protect the people they love, but I can at least appreciate the amazing themes behind the matchup itself. Plus, it's a two cakes situation where I don't really care who wins or loses because I like both characters. I'm like prequel trilogy Palpatine with Zero VS KOS-MOS, I win either way.

Back