• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Writer (DC Comics) Tier 0 downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, yes, I know that there has an ongoing DC comics cosmology revisions, however, this is just a small fix

So, The Writer is tier 0 due seeing a baseline High 1-A (Overvoid) as a sheet of paper, but the problem is, thats not enough to a simple transcendence, let alone tier 0, who is inacessible to any expansion of high 1-A, The Writer just see Overvoid as a paper, which is the same relation that humans have with their own papers, despite the humans being superior, they are still in the same level of existence of a paper.

So, this CRT is just a simple fix to remove the ''likely 0'' key.

If the overvoid is downgraded to 1-A, the writer will be 1-A.

The reason why he is High 1-A is that he looks at the High 1-A overvoid as a piece of paper, and the reason why he is 0 is that he has the potential to transcend the Overvoid just as the Overvoid transcends the Multiverse.

If the overvoid is downgraded to 1-A, the writer will be 1-A.
yes
The reason why he is High 1-A is that he looks at the High 1-A overvoid as a piece of paper, and the reason why he is 0 is that he has the potential to transcend the Overvoid just as the Overvoid transcends the Multiverse.
Looking to the overvoid as a piece of paper is a proof that he at least scales to overvoid, but thats not enough to transcendence in any single way, unless magic scans are shown here

I can agree with the removal of like boundless. I think at least high 1-A should cover it. I know about the revision and that will take too long (years even) and might not even go through, who knows, so I think in the meantime, it's fine to revise some of the God tiers.

Canonically speaking, the writer is supposed to be somewhere in 1-C.

This, along with the Overvoid downgrade, is a very poorly timed thread. Can we not just make very important cosmology changing revisions on a whim, least of all without even consulting knowledgeable members about it?

Whether or not it takes a long time is irrelevant, I'd rather have a coherent revision as opposed to tier changes with no thought to the consequences to the setting.

For the record, I do think his Tier 0 rating is bogus. That said, it will be tackled eventually.

Needless to say, i agree with the downgrade and he will be "1A Likely High 1A" since Overvoid too is getting downgraded to 1A
Or just 1A but the Eonymous profile were better than his before they got deleted. I don't see any reason why the writer should have a profile when other main characters in DC comics don't.

Is there even evidence that supports The Writer seeing the Overvoid as a sheet of paper? Because I can't find a single scan after reading all the appearances of the character that even supports this. At best he should scales to Limbo and should be downgraded to 1-A.

Is there even evidence that supports The Writer seeing the Overvoid as a sheet of paper? Because I can't find a single scan after reading all the appearances of the character that even supports this. At best he should scales to Limbo and should be downgraded to 1-A.
I thought deagonx or a staff saying he sould have 2 key.
1 is the avatar in animal man and another is grant Morrison himself.

The avatar in animal man but xearsay said he represents all authors or ***** like that but I believe that avatar in animal man was specifically meant to be for only Grant Morrison.

The writer plot manipulation in animal man is passive as he controls the life if everyone and should be a representation of GM as he said they are more writer who will control animal mans life.

The writer plot manipulation in animal man is passive as he controls the life if everyone and should be a representation of GM as he said they are more writer who will control animal mans life.
Didn’t he get killed off…?

Didn’t he get killed off…?
Still under the plot manipulation then he left to the real world telling animal man they will be other writer who will control his life.
Ig...I think they explained it with some meta logic with "The Writer" writing himself into the story, so he himself was not bound to it. Need to re-read that one, tho.
True but I've forgotten the staff which proposed a double key. 1 for his avatar in animal man and another for GM himself.
i keep seeing overvoid/writer downgrades for them to be 1-A
ppl gonna ignore the other high 1-As? God, The presence, and the source?
Still scale to the Overvoid.

Still under the plot manipulation then he left to the real world telling animal man they will be other writer who will control his life.

True but I've forgotten the staff which proposed a double key. 1 for his avatar in animal man and another for GM himself.

Still scale to the Overvoid.
Not saying it wouldn’t, but he doesn’t have the same level of plot manip in his true state than as an avatar

This, along with the Overvoid downgrade, is a very poorly timed thread. Can we not just make very important cosmology changing revisions on a whim, least of all without even consulting knowledgeable members about it?

Whether or not it takes a long time is irrelevant, I'd rather have a coherent revision as opposed to tier changes with no thought to the consequences to the setting.

For the record, I do think his Tier 0 rating is bogus. That said, it will be tackled eventually.
Agreed. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back