• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Worker of Secrets VS Guts

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
Guts sees another arrogant immortal and is reminded of Griffith. He immediately goes to attack him.

Random encounter, takes place in the Kiln of the First Flame. No orbital bombardment, beserker armour guts

Speed Equalised

Fight!

That said I think WoS takes this. He has resitance to Soul Destruction, is highly more intelligent than Guts and has leagues more experience than him. Also he can destroy the soul with his weapons.

Actually I'm using the Berserker armour guts. I felt Worker's powers made it fairly equal, despite the difference between 8-B and High 8-C

Even if Guts can't permanently put him down, he can still put him down long enough for it to count as a victory but VB standards. Resurrection requires up to a month + travel time with prepared bodies, and 20 or so years with a newborn, whereas a victory only requires incap for an hour, or bfr for a month. The Immortality that matters for this fight is type 1 and 3, and both can be beaten. As for soul manipulation, Guts' soul belongs to Griffith, a Tier 6 causality manipulator and I don't see Worker overrding that control to get it.

So no, it's not a stomp

Monarch Laciel said:
Even if Guts can't permanently put him down, he can still put him down long enough for it to count as a victory but VB standards.
Worker has a significantly easier time putting Guts down. Also Guts durability is only building level meaning Worker one-shots.

Resurrection requires up to a month + travel time with prepared bodies, and 20 or so years with a newborn, whereas a victory only requires incap for an hour, or bfr for a month. The Immortality that matters for this fight is type 1 and 3, and both can be beaten.

I'll concede regarding resurrection. But Regenerationn is exists. Type 3 immortality is enough to defeat someone like Guts.

As for soul manipulation, Guts' soul belongs to Griffith, a Tier 6 causality manipulator and I don't see Worker overrding that control to get it.

Griffith is only tier 6 via reality warping. Naturally he's at least 8-B like Guts.

So no, it's not a stomp

It most definitely is.

Easier time =/= stomp. Decisive maybe, but not stomp. Guts has ways to defeat the Worker, Worker has ways to defeat Guts. If either of those statements was untrue. then it would be a stomp in the opponent's favour. But they are both true, so it's not a stomp

I'll take your reasoning as a vote for the worker though

Worker of Secrets for reasons above.

Also, @Laciel, good job bringing Infinity Blade to this wiki.

Monarch Laciel said:
Easier time =/= stomp. Decisive maybe, but not stomp.
I don't think you know what a decisive victory is. This is definitely a stomp.

Guts has ways to defeat the Worker, Worker has ways to defeat Guts. </div> How can Guts win?

If either of those statements was untrue. then it would be a stomp in the opponent's favour. But they are both true, so it's not a stomp

I'll take your reasoning as a vote for the worker though

Explain how Guts has any chance of victory. Also I don't vote in stomp/spite matches.

XBlackExcellenceX said:
I don't think you know what a decisive victory is. This is definitely a stomp.
I'm pretty sure it's you who doesn't know what a stomp it. A stomp is when two people of vastly different power levels are put against each other, and character1 can kill the other with ease, while character 2 can't do anything. Seeing as it is 1) A regenerating High 8-C vs an 8-B and 2) Both can kill the other, no it is not a stomp.

[I]XBlackExcellenceX said:
[/I] Explain how Guts has any chance of victory. Also I don't vote in stomp/spite matches.
Decapitates the Worker, chops/cannon blasts him into chunks, etc

I'll get rid of your vote, but 3 other people, including an admin, have voted, so they clearly don't think its a stomp. If all your next replies are just going to say its a stomp, don't bother.

Monarch Laciel said:
I'm pretty sure it's you who doesn't know what a stomp it. A stomp is when two people of vastly different power levels are put against each other, and character1 can kill the other with ease, while character 2 can't do anything. Seeing as it is 1) A regenerating High 8-C vs an 8-B and 2) Both can kill the other, no it is not a stomp.
A stomp is when Character A was no way of beating Character B.

For Example:This thread

Decapitates the Worker, chops/cannon blasts him into chunks, etc.

Decapitating someone but they have the higher range. Guts has never killed someone High 8-C with the cannonballs. So that's NLF.

I'll get rid of your vote, but 3 other people, including an admin, have voted, so they clearly don't think its a stomp. If all your next replies are just going to say its a stomp, don't bother.

This is relevant because?

I've given you several reasons as to why Guts has a way to beat the Worker, not my fault if you are ignoring them.

Higher range? The Worker's several metres range with magic refers to them being a metre or three away. Pretty sure Gut's Dragonslayer is longer than that, and his his cannon and arrows are also more ranged than that.

This is relevant because if three people (including myself), and an admin, who has probably been on this site longer than you and definitely knows more about what stomp matches are and are not than you, are saying it is not a stomp, then you're wrong. I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Hmmm, what is Worker's Soul Manipulation's range, and how strong it is?

Because I'm pretty sure that, even without counting Griffith's possession of Guts' soul, Guts has soul resistance.

The Infinity Blade destabilises the soul upon killing the body, and so the Worker would need to actually kill Guts first to destroy his soul.

His little palm ring instantly destabilises the target's soul on touch, causing... this

I see.

Well, the problem of fighting Guts with the Berserker Armor is that, you can damage him all he wants, but he won't really care. The Worker would put quite a dent on Guts, but he simply won't care. The Worker would most likely be caught off-guard with the incessant mauling that Guts' assault'd be, and really, after Berserker-Armored Guts starts attacking, there's nothing stopping him short of pushing him away. I say that Guts would take that after being heavily wounded.

Back