• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Velvet Room Discussion Thread

>For those who know more about P1-P2, what's the relationship between Kadeth Mandala and Monado Mandala?

Monado Mandala is basically another name for the Collective Unconsciousness, like the Metaverse/Mementos in Persona 5. Kadath Mandala meanwhile is the furthest space in the CU that no one but the first humans and the P1/P2 cast could access. Igor stated that it is the realm of Philemon and Nyarlathotep, and it is where the first humans manipulated their dreams and shaped the CU. He also stated that to access it, one must have a powerful will and mind.

For context, Tatsuya Suou could easily rewrite the universe with his soul and the power of the CU. Igor even said that he was very skilled in Persona fighting, but he still couldn't access Kadath Mandala by himself, unlike the first humans who created the CU, or Maki. They can access it due to their sheer will and mind power.

Man this thread's kinda dead.

Anyway, what's everyone's thoughts on the latest P5R news? And how will you handle avoiding spoilers for when it comes out in a little over a month?

Eh I don't really mind spoilers. My social media isn't persona oriented anyway so I probably won't see much outside of crts here or actively looking.

I don't mind certain levels of spoilers, either tbh.

If it's something crazy like Ren pulling a Makoto Yuki and dying at the end, then I'd prefer not to be spoiled, obviously, but if its something like "we were right, it WAS Nyarly!" then I'd be more hyped at having called it than be upset - unless it ties into a bigger, character-related twist.

The futuristic looking dungeon in the new trailer for Persona 5 Royal is very similar to the interior of Xibalba. And with all the tentacles surrounding Kasumi, I'll be more surprised if Nyarlathotep isn't involved especially since this is all happening after Hashino finally left. But who know? I hope they won't pull any BS like they did in Arena, I do understand that Nyarly is too important for a spin off like Arena but there is no excuse for baiting the old Persona fans in this.

@everyone

Found an error in the P5 profiles. All of the Phantom Thieves should by High 7-C in the Early Game.

Kaneshiro's Palace extended to all of Shibuya, which has an area of 15.11 km┬▓ as of May 1, 2016 (ain't that convenient). Plugging that value into this calculator yields a 2.19 km (3 s.f.) radius (assuming the area of Shibuya is restructured into a circle), which according to the standards set by User:Antoniofer in their blog post from a couple years ago, puts the thieves at above the arithmetic mean for High 7-C, putting their AP at Large Town level+.

I wonder if I can cross scale Persona and Catherine now that Full-Body practically implies they are in the same verse...

Woo the possibilities. I could have Tier 2 Vincent.

Let's scale persona characters to their SMT counterparts. High 2-A Protags for being able to summon and control Lucifer.

Hey everyone. So there is still a lot of work that needs to be done to revise the Persona verse. So Solacis and I decided to make a discord server revolving around revising the series. So if you any of you want to lend a hand please friend me and I'll give you an invite. I am "The Axiom#8472".

Holy Freacking Shit , there so many amazing things in that video .

stop it Atlus , i can only hype myself so much .

Hmm question but I saw that Joker has Mid-Godly regen due to surviving being totally erased to nothingness and with all of his actions nulled and void.

Should Tatsuya have something similar to this? Since he survived pretty much the exact same thing just by denying it.

Also I guess this means he really does beat Giorno

The regen isn't from surviving it. It's from coming back despite being affected by it. Tatsuya was never actually erased, iirc, so that's just resistance to conceptual erasure assuming the situations are the same.

Tfw P5R references SMT 1 before it even acknowledges P1 and 2. Big sad. Also hilarious.

I hope no one will be spoiling Persona 5 Royal until we can finally play it. Waiting 5 months for it is gonna suck...

I've been avoiding spoilers too, but damn if I'm not treading the line with Youtube recommendations by searching up the new OST. That shit's straight AGIDYNE. New Mementos themes, which steadily grow more intense, "I Believe" is a total banger, "No More What Ifs" is silky smooth even compared to Beneath the Mask, "Prison Labour" would fit in perfectly with early 2000s SMT soundtracks (think DDS), and "Kichijoji 199X" is actually a remix of a song from SMT 1, which also appeared in the Puzzle Boy minigame in Nocturne. It's amazing.

Back