• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultimate Life Form fights The DNA Pokemon (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, you joking? You're making the argument that passing out and nearly dying has nothing to do with stamina despite the fact that it's not only case for fiction, but real life? Excuse me for answering your question with another question but if that's not reliant on stamina, what is it reliant on?

Shadow losing his super form at the end of SA2 is because of Plot-Induced Stupidity, plain and simple. They needed to kill him off to create emotions, so they made him die (And then made him not die) reguardless of how much sence it makes.

Reguardless of Shadow's experience hitting weak points, a purple glowy bit seems kind of obvious. Shadow's not stupid.

Also someone counter the points I brought up. How's Shadow, who's limited to only damaging non-physical attacks here supposed to win against Deoxys who holds every advantage but raw AP?

I'll counter after we discuss. Stop pushing multiple fronts and demanding so many answers to questions when I'm focusing on one.

I could maybe see the Pis argument if it wasn't Shadow's first appearance. Everything after that was based on his SA2 debut.

By hitting it's brain, which is clearly exposed and is a pretty obvious weak spot in a place you'd probably hit anyway.

Deoxys brain is more durable then it's body? Well does it have the same resistances?

I retract my vote for Shadow to keep this discussion going, as Shadow winning is genuninely questionable currently.

To further my argument, there's also Counter and Mirror Coat to reflect anything that does hit. And Deoxys has insane defense boosts to add onto it.

So to summarize:

• All of Shadow's hax gets nullified by Taunt and Snatch. That includes teleportation
  • Most damage is useless due to Deoxys's cellular structure absorbing attacks, plus its regen
  • Shadow's chances of hitting are slim due to duplication spam and illusions and invisibility flight. Shadow would have to bypass the illusions and invisibility, reach the right Deoxys in the air, and hit him
  • Deoxys still has forcefields to rely on, as well as crazy defense boosts
  • On the off chance that Shadow lands any meaningful damage, it gets reflected right back at double power due to Counter/Mirror Coat

The Counter/Mirrior Coat arguement is flimsy, but otherwise this seems to be an absolute stomp in Deoxys' favor.

Deoxys gets overshadowed by Mewtwo but it's still really powerful. Dude's so badass that it's the first Pokémon to get its own unique theme music that it doesn't share with anything else.

Mega Rayquaza destroying the meteor that was going to destroy the planet in the Delta episode of ORAS

Also grace for Shadow is still active even though Smashor retracted his vote

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I'm gonna be honest, a power called Taunt being classified as powernull is incredibly nonsensical to me, Especifically when it just let you use offensive techniques.
That matters how? If that's how the move works than tough luck.

Taunt is just angering your opponent. It's definitely not powernull. It has a similar effect, but it's not actual powernull. It's just empathetic manipulation that causes enemies to only use attacks.

"Afflicts the targeted enemy with a Taunted status condition, which restricts a Pokémon to using only moves that inflict damage."

Then take it to a CRT because every Pokémon has it as power null.

Time stop and death is a status effect in Final Fantasy. Guess Shadow's immune to both of those. You're only immune to the status effects in the game it comes from. It's not a catch all. Even if it was, it's item based and Deoxys has Knock Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back