• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Tier of the Neverwinter player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so after finding out there was a page made for the player character of the D&D game neverwinter online. A game that is canon with the D&D setting known as forgotten realms.This game uses the offical adventure modules, and book lore from the table top game, and novels for the plot of the game, but with the game PCs taking up the role the tabletop PCs

Now for the issue I see with it's tier. Right now the player character is only 9-B even though they have feats puting them way above the 9-B teir they are right now. They have feats like killing An Aspect of Orcus not once but twice, taking hits from an Avatar of Tiament , and fighting an Aspect of Demogorgo . This should scale the player character to the High 6-A rating these beings have in the lore of D&D.

Also something I have noticed is the player is also missing holy manipulation, light manipulation , summoning from Radiant Charge, Damage reduction from Shield of Faith, Aura from the paladin Aura buffs, Forcefield Creation from shield, and Divine Shelter,Curse Manipulation from Warlock's Curse, Size Manipulation from Battlerage/Unstoppable, Chain Manipulation from Chains of Blazing Light, and Imprisonment, limited duplacation with Crescendo, and weapon master strike,

I will respond on my laptop later. I dont have any issues per say. Just know I made the profile based on what Ive reached up to so far so my knowledge is a bit limited.

If you could message me on my wall we could talk more about it

Everything seems good to me. Not sure if characters like Orcus would scale to the D&D versions, but if it is accepted, I'm good with that. The abilities look fine as well. Although, I am pretty sure there were a lot of planetry statements in the game. I will look into those eventually when I do my second run through of the game, but for now High 6-A seems good.

The main reason I was scaling to the main D&D version was mainly do to neverwinter following the main tabletop's storylines so closely. As for the planetry statements I would not be supprised if those are for someone like Tiamat.

Anyway I suppose "At least High 6-A (defeated an aspect of orcus twice), likely 5-B (fought against characters who in lore can destroy planets) is good

I disagree with 5-B, I don't see anything that points to this really.

Looking at the profile I'm not sure about this single entity being a composite, at least from when I played the game. What actually supports the protagonist being a composite outside of you picking a class you want?

@Sigurd

We are allowed to make composite profiles on the wiki. It's just all classes put into one. A composite character/profile doesn't literally need to exist. The planet level statements are from many statements in the game of characters destroying planets.

I am planning to make other profiles based on singular classes anyway, not that they would be significantly different.

well the thing is for the 5-B. it would kind of go off of 4e's Tiamat, who alongside her brother are odd. As they are considered lesser/Intermediate god. But have feats that put them on par with greater gods. Which for their Avatars. I think High-6A, Possably 5-B might work.

well From at least 4e Tiamat it would be from her avatar scaling to Avatars of other Greater God level beings. Who can fight the Leviatha . who can shatter the planet just by waking up.

Edit: Though again her avatar is most likely a High 6-A, with possable 5-B.

Tiamat is a bit weird power wise. In general the Dragon deities operate on a slightly different power scale than other gods. For now I think High 6-A works for their final key though. I would be opposed to back scaling people off of the character however, since that seems like it could cause some issues.

Oh I was not not going to try to back scale anyone. Since Elminster does not really do anything for the Tiamat fight, but just helps us get ready enough for the battle, and now I think the Drizzt tat helps the players with demogorgon is the version of him that was buffed to fight him.

Just making sure there's no weird scaling that could bump someone like Drizzt to tier 5 that's all.

Sure, but it would need to be noted that its at the PC's maximum power or something.

well if we go with a key for late game power. the note we can use "At the player's max power they can take on the likes of the Aspect of Orcus, and Demogorgon" I think that would a good note for the key.

I will be adding the hax, but could you edit in the AP upgrade with the key? I don't quite understand how you are going about structuring it. By the way this is a composite profile. It is assuming the character is at its strongest, so I don't see a reason for a second key in the first place.

The D&D page includes things from separate multiverses and canonically there's alt-multiverses with virtually identical histories. Neverwinter PC can be included in the hub section.

Following btw. I disliked Neverwinter greatly but it still has merits to add to the verse.

also some thing I forgot about is, with the dragonborn race. the player should likely also have poison, and acid Manipulation do to there Breath weapon. which gameplay wise it restricted to the relics.

I think my issue is I got spoiled. Played World of Warcraft and City of Heroes as my MMOs so Neverwinter, even though it explored like extremely familiar worlds and characters, just didn't do anything for me. Game looked good enough though.

We can keep it open, for D&D revisions we tend to keep threads open for future discussion.

If it's 4e that probably means returning the world to how it was before it was formed from the Elemental Chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back