• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Super Saiyan Speed Multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to bring this up if it hasn’t been already:

According to a guidebook, it confirms that SSJ1 is 50x. However it also says that SSJ2 is 100x, and SSJ3 is 150x.

Idk about that. Sure all the stamina consumption and emotion part but Vegeta later mastered SSJ as well.

When Cabba and Vegeta fought , they were equally strong in base.

When both fought each other in SSJ, Vegeta's SSJ form showed a higher Power output to the point that he didn't even take dmg, when he was remotely serious.

In one of Null's linked sources, it states you need emit Ki twice the size of your opponent to negate your opponents attack.

The fight wasn't long enough for Cabba to be stamina drained. Here we see best the difference between untrained SSJ and MSSJ.

But I can see your point. Higher Base form makes sense as well. Since it is a different topic altogether , I would avoid debating. ( I found some sources that say it "draws out power of the Super Saiyan to it's limits" which suggest a higher power output ( apparently Daizenshuu 2 according to the Dragonballwikia), and 1 spanish guide that says it has the strength of Grade 3 but none of the disadvantage
NKHfArm.jpeg

But the evidence is fishy which I agree with.

MSSJ can also keep up with a guy who can boost himself 300x in power and speed. He could match Base Vegeta before using that multiplier.

I would like to bring this up if it hasn’t been already:

According to a guidebook, it confirms that SSJ1 is 50x. However it also says that SSJ2 is 100x, and SSJ3 is 150x.
Not really the same guidebook. Daizenshuu doesn't really have a saying on "~tsuu" and "~tsuree"'s multipliers. Also, it's 400x for SSJ3

if you agree that kaioken x20 is 20 times faster then it is logically not possible for ssj to be something other than 50 times faster

if you agree that kaioken x20 is 20 times faster then it is logically not possible for ssj to be something other than 50 times faster
Please don't question people's votes, both arguments are considered plausible by many here.
Yeah, but kaioken specifically amps all physical stats including speed while super saiyan isn’t so simple
Now that you've engaged in c o m m u n i c a t i o n.

Both are stated to multiply one's Ki, and/or Battle Power in their respective sources.

Yeah, but kaioken specifically amps all physical stats including speed while super saiyan isn’t so simple
kaioken amps ki, which as a result amps all physical stats, as shown in the few official statements we were given. super saiyan does exactly that, just many times higher. what isn't simple?

kaioken amps ki, which as a result amps all physical stats, as shown in the few official statements we were given. super saiyan does exactly that, just many times higher. what isn't simple?
It’s the fact that super saiyan transformations can increase ki while decreasing speed while kaioken doesn’t do such a thing. Obviously, I’m not saying that super saiyan decreases speed, but I’m still pretty doubtful of speed also increasing 50-fold

It’s the fact that super saiyan transformations can increase ki while decreasing speed while kaioken doesn’t do such a thing. Obviously, I’m not saying that super saiyan decreases speed, but I’m still pretty doubtful of speed also increasing 50-fold
the form you are referencing decreases speed not due to the way ki is amplified, but due to muscle mass

the form you are referencing decreases speed not due to the way ki is amplified, but due to muscle mass
But in that way, it’s established that simply increasing ki doesn’t necessarily increase speed in the same way. If you have a scan contradicting this notion, then I’ll concede

But in that way, it’s established that simply increasing ki doesn’t necessarily increase speed in the same way. If you have a scan contradicting this notion, then I’ll concede
I mean, here. Amplifying or increasing ki, effects speed and AP.

Unless you believe the ssj Is only a 20x increase in speed.

If the amount of Ki amplified cannot compensate for the mass gained, then one's speed will decrease.

The same happens with Oozaru, which multiplies one's BP by a factor of 10, but it's speed is not as fast as it would have been if the user were to be in his regular size. (And yes, this was confirmed in the Broly Movie, people, don't bother me about it)

That doesn't really indicate that. I'll just quote what i said earlier in this thread explaining why it's not necessarily a contradiction.
there are two forces acting upon trunks's speed in grade 3 (if i steelmanned the idea it increased ki), the ki amp which would acting for it/increasing it, and the muscle mass, which is clearly greater, acting against it, and the sum total of both of these "forces" acting upon this speed is negative/decreasing it.
Also nothing stops grade 3 from simply being an outlier/inconsistent.

I really see what the moderator meant. There are about 3 or 4 people targeting a person because they expressed neutrality. One person is enough, and I do understand that I engaged in this, but still... It really makes them feel overwhelmed, and might force their opinion to change, which is not cool.

It's not my intention to attack him/overwhelm a guy, I was just attempting to persuade him. MB if i come across as negative.
Didn't try to say it was your intention, I apologize. But it was one guy vs a bunch of people, so it feels a little overwhelming, speaking from experience.

What about Zeno having a greater DC than all the characters. Yet he needs the godapp to see their speed. Why wouldn't his "power level" put his speed for above them also?

What about Zeno having a greater DC than all the characters. Yet he needs the godapp to see their speed. Why wouldn't his "power level" put his speed for above them also?
There are a few cases where weaker chars are faster. Like burter

Zeno's power seems to be only his EE. Physically he doesn't seem that strong, nor is Zeno a fighter of any kind

Outlier, Zeno was capable of perceiving like every other fight in the tournament, and then notes afterwards that it was fun.
is there anybody here that still even agrees with the op
Pretty sure people do, but with the overwhelming 3:1 ratio, and lack of further input, this thread will most likely die.

Outlier, Zeno was capable of perceiving like every other fight in the tournament, and then notes afterwards that it was fun.

Pretty sure people do, but with the overwhelming 3:1 ratio, and lack of further input, this thread will most likely die.
well better it be closed now than later, this has already overstayed it's welcome by like 5 pages
maybe someone can ask some knowledgable staff to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back