• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
Let's get into it

During the later part of Season 1, Spider-Man is granted with the Symbiote Suit. Slowly, but surely, it begins influencing him into making far more rash decisions, controlling his body when he's unconscious, and even speaking to Tombstone about potentially taking up a job for him. Realizing that the suit is growing dominant, Peter attempts to fight back. The Symbiote is persistent at first, but looking back on the memories of his origins, friends, and family, he fights back mentally and wins.

Now while it did take him some time to gain control once more, we see later during the season finale that his resistance has become far stronger. During his battle with Venom, he realizes he can't win, so he offers the Symbiote to join him once more. Once it bonds with his body, it instantly recognizes that Peter is not accepting it and hence, causes it to retreat.

So my proposal is that we grant Spider-Man "Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Corruption"

Now onto Venom. Now first off, he doesn't have Martial Arts, Web Creation, Stealth Mastery, or Acrobatics on his page. But the main thing I want to suggest is giving him "Resistance to Precognition". Reason being? Venom was able to drop a sneak attack on Spider-Man during his first attack. Later, he nails another sneak attack on Spider-Man, even commenting about how his Spider-Sense didn't go off. Spider-Man then explains that since the Symbiote spent so much time with him, Venom doesn't register to the Spider-Sense as a threat. The Symbiote also replicated the powers of Spider-Man and even enhanced his physical attributes while it was in use. This is further supported by Venom using webbing stronger than Spidey's own. So because of that, it should be granted Power Mimicry and Empowerment. Mind Manipulation and Corruption should also be added to Venom's profile, though it of course only applies to the Symbiote against it's host. The Symbiote also presented the memories of Peter to Eddie, so it would get Memory Manipulation too since it can gather and show the memories of hosts.

Thoughts?

EDIT: After reading the replies, I've revised my proposal for the profile changes

REVISED PROPOSALS:

Spider-Man:
Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Corruption
Weaknesses: Due to Spider-Man spending so much time wearing the Symbiote, any opponents using it, such as Venom, are not registered as a threat by the Spider-Sense

Venom:
Martial Arts
Web Creation
Acrobatics
Stealth Mastery
Statistics Amplification
Telepathy
Power Mimicry
Mind Manipulation
Corruption

Last edited:
I'd say it's fairly good considering in the last episode of season 1, he can straight up reject it the moment it's used against him

Likely not, yeah. We can specify on the page that it’s only really potent against Spectacular Peter, but not others like 616 Venom

Spider-Man then explains that since the Symbiote spent so much time with him, Venom doesn't register to the Spider-Sense as a threat.
This just seems like a weakness of Spider-Sense -- Spider-Sense detects danger, and Venom is not registered as danger.
This is Statistics Amplification.
The Symbiote also presented the memories of Peter to Eddie, so it would get Memory Manipulation too since it can gather and show the memories of hosts.
This is Telepathy.

No more to do. I'll be looking into more abilities from the series, but for now, this is it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back