• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both at 4-A, Ultra Snatcher is used

Both are Bloodlusted

Fight takes place inside The Subcon Forest

Both Start in-Range of each other

Speed is =

The Living Shadow:5 (EMagoIorSouI, UnalignedStarswirl, CoolDeante, Adem Warlock69, TheRexor28)

Fusion of Danny's and Vlad's ghost halves:3 (LordGriffin1000, Litentric Teon, I'm Blue)

Inconclusive:0

The Snatcher Render
Time you saw what I'm really capable of, kid. Say goodbye to that little head of yours!

Dan Phantom
ou know, if I had an ounce of humanity left in me, this would be a very touching little reunion. But of course, I surrendered my human half a long time ago.

Dan Phantom has his own collection of hax that can contend with Snatcher, and he can probably resist some of his. However, Snatcher actually has the AP advantage. While Dan Phantom's AP scales off of the standard 4-A Starry Dimension feat (140.9373 PetaFoe/1.4093732e61 joules), Snatcher scales to one 56x that (7892.4888 PetaFoe/7.89248992e62 Joules).

That, and Ultra Snatcher can immediately use danmaku and energy projection to engulf him in a flurry of attacks (I think Dan needs Mid-Godly to truly regenerate from Snatcher's AP advantage. Could be wrong but even so, Snatcher can heavily exhaust him with his massive array of attacks).

Snatcher also has passive pain manipulation, and BFR which are thought-based, especially since both sides are bloodlusted, but it appears Snatcher's attacks might be quicker looking at some of Dan Phantom's attacks and comparing them. Overall, I think Snatcher's massive array of abilities + his AP advantage + his quick usage of these abilities will give him the win.

Voting Snatcher.

BFR is useless, Dan can open portals and comeback. Dan can teleport to escape or Attack Reflection/Power Absorption with his Ectoplasmic Shields so he's not in any real danger from danmaku.

Dan is not gonna get exhausted anytime soon since ghosts can use their abilities for days without worry. The AP advantage is an issue but any ecto attack will hit the mind and soul so that's not a big issue.

Pain Manipulation is an issue but Dan should be able to fight through it since the Specter Deflector continued to cause him pain but after a few seconds, he was unaffected. Also, Equalize Speed otherwise Dan blitzes.

All it takes is one hit from Snatcher and Dan is done for, I'm pretty sure with the AP Snatcher oneshots which is enough to incapacitate Dan, he'd need Mid-Godly Regenerationn to recover from an attack this high on the tier spectrum.

While BFR won't necessarily work Snatcher can still teleport him into his own attacks as soon as they are executed such as his energy beacons and/or his many explosions. Snatcher's pain manipulation requires one thought, and it's completely over for Dan.

According to Eficiente, you'd need Mid-Godly to recover from an attack on this spectrum, especially when the AP gap is this large. I won't exactly question it, but considering how knowledgeable he is on the wiki, I trust him. Even so, I feel as if it'd be enough to completely overwhealm and incap him.

EMagoIorSouI said:
According to Eficiente, you'd need Mid-Godly to recover from an attack, especially when the AP gap is this large. Even so, I feel as if it'd be enough to completely overwhealm and incap him.
A standard AP blast would just result at them reforming their destroyed body

I'm voting for Dan

Attack Power

Going off what is stated above Snatcher is 56 times stronger which means he can easily one shot Dan. However, Dan has Low-Godly Regenerationn which means he'll regenerate any damage Snatcher does to him. Dan does not need Mid-Godly Regenerationn because Snatcher is not destroying his soul or mind, just his ectoplasmic body. To destroy or incapacitate Dan, Snatcher needs to either destroy his soul which seems out since Snatcher Soul Manipulation is just removing the soul and Dan has resistance to soul attacks. Or Snatcher has to destroy Dan's core beyond it's Regenerationn but Dan's central core is his consciousness/mind and I don't see Mind Manipulation or Snatcher's page and Dan resists mind attacks so Snatcher can not put Dan down.

While Dan is outmatched in terms of raw power, his ectoplasmic attacks effect the mind and soul which Snatcher has no resistance to so he don't need raw strength to harm him.

Speed

Speed's Equalized so it's a non factor.

Abilities

Both have Non-Physical Interaction so their Non-Corporeal/Intangible powers aren't useful. They are bloodlusted so Snatcher's Social Influencing is out. Dan can sense Snatcher thanks to Ghost Sense so stealth is out but Snatcher's Extrasensory Perception and Enhance Senses doesn't say anything about seeing invisible beings. I'm sure he can sense Dan but seeing him when he's invisible is a different story.

Snatcher's Soul and Death Manipulation are out because Dan resists soul stuff and ghosts are treated as undead beings so he can't inflict death on him. Snatcher only seems to make a single duplicate while Dan can make at least 3 extra clones and over a dozen scaling off of Vlad so he has the numbers game on his side. Both have teleportation and while Snatcher's brings them to a void, Dan can easily open a portal to escape. Looking at Snatcher's battle with Hat Kid, he never teleported her into his attacks even though he was clearly trying to kill her so I don't see him doing that to Dan.

Dan's Regenerationn is better and his Ghostly Wail negates up to Low-Godly. Power Nullification won't help on Dan since he resists power null. Both have telekinesis but Dan has higher lifting strength while Snatchers is unknown so Dan can easily wave his hand an hold Snatcher in place. Snatcher has danmaku and giant piller explosions but from watching his boss battle, Dan can easily avoid or teleport away with not much issue. Yes, Snatcher could use teleportation to put him in a spot but he didn't do that against Hat Kid from what I saw.

Pain Manipulation is fine but he only seemed to do that when you cheat. Even during his boss fight he didn't use it, and I'm not saying he won't, it's possible but that's like me saying Dan will abuse Time Travel if something is about to go wrong and he needs a do over. Also, as I stated before, Dan was caused continues pain by the Specter Deflector and in seconds later after being hit, it had no effect on him anymore so I'm sure Dan will overcome this as well. Dan also has Possession which he can get off by sending multiple duplicates to distract and attempt it.

They both have a few other abilities like element manipulation and what not but nothing note worthy from what I can see. I'd like to point out that Dan will possible be getting Reactive Power Level from this thread.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4161487

Stamina

I think Dan has more stamina honestly. Yes, Snatcher could spam of lots of attacks in his battle but so could Dan. Danny, who has a stamina limit could use his abilities and chase ghosts for hours non stop and fodder ghosts have shown to hold their powers for days with no issue. Dan being above Danny and other ghosts means he could keep going for days without issue so he takes stamina.

Range

When it comes to their standard abilities Dan has much better range with blasts and AoE with Ghostly Wail. Snatcher has higher range with his interdimensional though. Not much of an advantage for either side given how they fight.

Vote

As I stated above, I'm voting for Dan. Yes, Snatcher is more powerful and has a wide array of abilities but most of them aren't too useful or get stopped by Dan's resistances. Dan's Regenerationn abilities are high and will allow him to survive Snatcher's assault along with teleportation and shields. Telekinesis can hold Snatcher still and while that won't stop all of Snatcher's abilities, he'll be cought off guard. As I said before, Dan's ectoplasmic attacks ignore durability so he doesn't need raw AP to harm Snatcher.

I will admit that Snatcher attacks have some good Area of Effect but they aren't impossible to dodge. A sound plan would be to do as EMagoIorSouI said and start with thought based pain manipulation + danmaku and if Dan tries to escape just teleport him into the explosions. However, I don't see Snatcher doing this even while bloodlusted he seem to spam explosions, duplication + darkness in his boss battle against Hat Kid.

Let's say he does spam the method EMagolorSoul said. Dan will just regenerate and he has enough stamina to keep this up for a long time and will likely outlast Snatcher. Dan in my view of things has more going for him that's actually effective.

Note: I did not see all of Snatcher's fights since I have never played A Hat in Time. If anyone has anything important about Snatcher that I missed, let me know.

Since they're both bloodlusted, anything can come and go, meaning any scenario with these two characters can apply no matter what ability they use first or how they execute it as long as it's plausible. Snatcher can teleport to his pocket dimension for instance, or anywhere away from the battle, whereas Dan might not know where he is going. There, Snatcher can probably use Extrasensory Perception and Pain Manipulation to finish the job. (His teleportation is Interdimensional)

Pain infliction as well negates durability, thus he can bypass Dan's Regenerationn and harm him into submission. I don't see any resistence to pain anywhere on his profile, and as such, I'm sticking to my reasoning. Yes, when Hat Kid used cheats, he harmed her, but I don't think we should speculate any limitations to this ability of his (In the gif that provides context, on the lower left, it shows text that Snatcher is likely saying, strongly suggesting this is him doing this, and not a curse he made by cheating). That's only my 50 cents, and another way I could see Snatcher winning. I'm not trying to debunk Griffin's vote or anything, just stating another wincon for Snatcher.

Pain resistance was on the profile but I think after all the revisions it was removed by accident. The Specter Deflector causes pain to any ghost that touches it and Danny put it on Dan. It caused him pain, Danny punches him and when he hits the ground, the belt doesn't effect him anymore even though it's still active. Pain Manipulation does bypass durability and I guess it could help subdue Dan long enough depending on it's potency.

Yes, Dan would not know where Snatcher went if he goes to a different dimension. I still think Dan could pull off the win though.

I'm glad to see such a cool match. I'm also glad to see Dan Phantom getting some love.

It sounds like Dan should have resistance to pain manipulation. But even if he doesn't, it doesn't sound like Snatcher uses pain manipulation until someone is incapacitated. And even if that is the case, unless it occurs instantly, Dan can teleport or create clones to attack Snatcher in the meantime.

However, Griffin's reasons seem more convincing to me. So I'll cast a vote for Dan.

Griffin said it mostly depends on how potent it is, and Snatcher's scales to his own AP (which in this case is superior) since it acts like Hat Kid is getting hit by a normal attack, just as pain infliction.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
You know Dan resists Pain Manipulation
snatcher's pain manip can kill hat kid tho. it's less like making someone feel pain by manipulating their nervous system and more like if snatcher could reach his arm across dimensions and smack someone. there's just no better classification for that type of attack. maybe that attack should be put under magic instead of pain manip, but still

But anyways, yeah. Regardless if it's pain manipulation or magic, point is is that it scales to Snatcher's AP, meaning it's potent enough to subdue Dan into submission since he has a massive edge in AP here. Depending on his resistance to it, he can bypass it with ease.

Sadly this match likely won't be concluded today. That means we'd half to start again after the move.

Back