• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Shrike (Hyperion Cantos) vs The Forgotten God (Toaru)

Some relevant quotes:
“As you know...or maybe you don’t, but the High Priest is a Magic God from Buddhism.”

On the work ship, Nephthys began with that.

“Specifically, from the unique Japanese variety that went through a number of changes
after its origin in India and its passage through China and Korea. Now, Kamijou-chan, are
you familiar with self-mummification?”

“?”

“Nephthyyys, you’re skipping a step in your explanation,” cut in Niang-Niang. “In
Japanese Buddhism, you can’t achieve enlightenment and travel to the Pure Land in a
single life, no matter how much you train. It has nothing to do with your social status. By
being reborn again and again and going through harsh training each time, you slowwwwly
polish your soul and only liberate yourself from your worldly desires in the very, very end.

That’s when you become a Buddha. Or that’s the normal route, anyway.”

“There is a way of becoming a Buddha in the limited few decades of a single life and that
is self-mummification.”

Were they saying the High Priest had performed that self-mummification ceremony and
become a Magic God?
Yet we
did not rise to this position through the normal means, so the gates of the Pure Land or
of heaven will not open for us.”
There might be more I was thinking of but w/e

Depends on whether the Forgotten God follows the same logic as other Magic Gods in that they started out as a human and became a Magic God at some point. I added Shrike's knowledge to the OP.

I'm not that familiar with the Shrike's battle tactics, but I understand it attacks from different points in time. So it could kill Forgotten God before it rose(?) to the position of Magic God.
However, even finding out the Forgotten God's history seems like it would prove difficult to say the least.

If Shrike stomps as is, I could switch it to the Forgotten God's first key and hope Shrike could use its speed advantage to time travel before the universe/multiverse gets passively destroyed so it doesn't become a reverse stomp.

Last edited:
Back