• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

How many marvel characters are in tiers above 5-B but bellow 3-C? Are those so little that is not worth to mention in the Marvel page?

Unrelated but this art style was neat

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

^Any feedback on the above thread would be appreciated! It is a pretty significant change!

And I recommend instituting This note onto Taskmaster's profile:

• Please do not attempt to scale other Marvel Comics characters to Taskmaster's statistics. Taskmaster has been a villain in the rogue galleries of multiple street level superheroes of varying power levels such as Daredevil, Captain America and Spider-Man, and hence should be considered too inconsistent to scale to other characters.
It's literally word for word Kingpin's note except changed to Taskmaster. scaling to him has all the same problems Fisk has.

Here is the best scan supporting what I mean. He tangos with everyone in street tier. He can (reasonably) scale to other characters, but attempting to scale other characters to his equipment would quickly become messy, and should be avoided. Especially since, as I highlighted in my revision, his equipment can scale to a few different levels.

^Any feedback on the above thread would be appreciated! It is a pretty significant change!

• Please do not attempt to scale other Marvel Comics characters to Taskmaster's statistics. Taskmaster has been a villain in the rogue galleries of multiple street level superheroes of varying power levels such as Daredevil, Captain America and Spider-Man, and hence should be considered too inconsistent to scale to other characters.
It's literally word for word Kingpin's note except changed to Taskmaster. scaling to him has all the same problems Fisk has.

Here is the best scan supporting what I mean. He tangos with everyone in street tier. He can (reasonably) scale to other characters, but attempting to scale other characters to his equipment would quickly become messy, and should be avoided. Especially since, as I highlighted in my revision, his equipment can scale to a few different levels.
Agreed

This seems to make sense to me.

Tbh, that reminds me that Doctor Strange being 5-B at Base is rather odd.

Yes his top stuff scales to Low 1-A, but IIRC even without prep he has fought against and blocked blasts from tier 1 entities like Nightmare, Dormammu himself, and Zom.

IMO he should be something like: "5-B on Earth (scaling to people like Doctor Doom, whom he is repeatedly shown as >= to), up to High 1-B/Low 1-A other wise".

For example, in Doctor Strange: Triumph and Torment, his shield took a lot of attacks from a pissed Hell-amped Mephisto.

Also, his shields barely protected him against the effects of Dormammu's clash against Eternity, which was tearing apart the very fabric of existence, and endured the power of Nightmare and D'Spayre.

Last edited:
Maybe a possible 3-C, but have Taskmaster ever used the Shield against any 5-B and above character before?
To my knowledge, Taskmaster Shield has never withstood a hit from someone at that level. He did use it against Thor, but the god never struck the shield himself.

I don't recall it ever denting or breaking, but he's never put it to the test against characters that powerful.

@Ultima_Reality and our other members. Here is most of the available information about Jonathan Hickman's upcoming revision of the Marvel Comics cosmology.

This is the most interesting bit here i think:

-THE-POWERS-THAT-BE:
The entity in charge of everything perfectly magical and weird. One of the primal forces behind all things unexplained in the universe.
-THE-NATURAL-ORDER-OF-THINGS:
The entity in charge of everything perfectly scientific. The other primal force behind all things unexplained in the universe.
The sole servant of The-Powers-That-Be.
-CENTIVAR:
A servant of The-Natural-Order-of-Things.
-THE CENTRUM:
The collective 100 servants of The-Natural-Order-of-Things.
-BABYLON EVENT:
An apocalyptic event triggered by a disruption from one of the Marvel Universe's major Gods, which then leads to a dark period of upheaval, death, and loss of knowledge.
-PROTO-MAGE:
A powerful, magic-wielding conduit for a major God.
-THE COMPACT:
An ancient agreement between The-Powers-That-Be and The-Natural-Order-of-Things that prevents them from directly interfering in the Marvel Universe's reality. Under the Compact, they pledge to work only through their servants, who represent them in all Earthly matters. Further, the Compact stipulates that The-Powers-That-Be's sole servant must be accompanied by a science-based Proxy, who acts as a Chained Apprentice. Likewise, every servant of The-Natural-Order-of-Things recruits a Proxy of magical origin.

Yes, and Wynn is the current Avatar of The-Powers-That-Be, so he seems to be the most central character to this storyline.

Anyway, from the above links it so far doesn't seem like Hickman is going to further corrupt and turn the Marvel cosmology even more horrific, dystopian, hopeless, and Lovecraftian, which was what I initially suspected.

Anyway, from the above links it so far doesn't seem like Hickman is going to further corrupt and turn the Marvel cosmology even more horrific, dystopian, hopeless, and Lovecraftian, which was what I initially suspected.
I mean...
"And naming them as Powers-That-Be. With their bosses as slumbering gods. Is this going to get all Lovecraft on us? Are the G.O.D.S. a way to bring Cthulhu into the Marvel Universe again?"

I do not know. Let's wait and see.

I personally think that Marvel Comics is cosmologically already a sufficiently hopeless dystopian amoral horror-show though.

Back