• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Oh, then I recommend reading that before Secret Wars. You might get Hella confused about a lot of stuff and the build up is intense

Secret Wars is a REALLY poor gateway comic though, it's mostly made to appeal towards core fans

If you want a modern gateway comic you can try like, Ms. Marvel or something, and if you want an old timey one, original Amazing Spider-Man holds up really well

Or Sentry

Annihilation/Abnett's Marvel Cosmic was also a good starting point. That's how I got in more or less.

Huh, really? I started there and was fine and recommended it to tons of people, they didn't complain lol

Just alotta characters out of nowhere with barely any context as to what they are, no?

I mean, some yes? But others got new minis launched around the same time so it kinda helped i guess?

Read the first issue of Moon Knight.

It's good-ish.

Not ambitious though as of now, it's being told very straightforward, written good however, I can go along with "standard superhero" Moon Knight as long as it's not obnoxious or "character rewrite"-ey like the Bemis run.

Art's really good though, and I love how much Moon Knight "pops" out in every panel.

This issue was cluttered, like so much new plot is dumped onto us, but I'll give it a pass for that since 1st issue in a revived series.

7/10, if you JUST want a superhero comic with cool artwork, it works well for that :v

Speaking of MK, I need to add multiple selves to his file, I got permission long ago, but forgot.

And he would probably need to have Immortality Type 8

avengers-1.jpg

h1yaq8uiro371.png

902888b9bb616a8aed41aa2a01ae92da969c6b051c03eacb4f4a25ca2c10c7ad_1.jpg

Yo guys. I was just arguing on Twitter and someone showed age manipulation actually works on thanos and needed you guys input on this. Shouldn't that affect his type 1? Or it won't?

Isn't type 1 eternal life?
Thanos has eternal physiology which grants type 1 and type 4 immortality by default. Thanos also has Regen, which qualifies for type 3. (Probably 2 too, but I don't understand that one)

They can die, but not of old age. But yes, they can age and grow... Well, at least Thanos does. But hasn't happened in main continuity thus far.

Eternals tend to stay the same age forever, stuck in one place. I recommend Eternals by Gaiman and JRJr for more details about it. Also a pretty great story imo.

I mean, the first one I can accept but the second one can simply be Dr. Doom steaming his meat or similar to demonstrate his superiority

First one isn't canon. It's from the mech storyline iirc.

Second one... God doom and he didn't age him up, more like just disintegrated his flesh.

Back