• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Ultron’s just a crappy edgelord villain anyways
Anyone working on or planning to work on Magneto? Been playing a lot of Marvel vs Capcom lately and I've been having such a blast playing as him that I'm kinda interested in improving his profile to the standard he deserves.
Nah, no one yet.

Also the world bullet got calced offsite at 6-A iirc, so need to get that converted to a blog and checked

I'm making a fanon Death Battle involving Carnage, and I'm wondering if there's anything important about him that currently isn't present on our profile that nobody's gotten around to adding yet/are being saved for a larger CRT (specifically with Cletus and the original Carnage Symbiote).

More specifically, I wanna know if Carnage or Symbiotes on the same level have resistance to getting their life force drained, as this is critical to the verdict of the fight.

I'm making a fanon Death Battle involving Carnage, and I'm wondering if there's anything important about him that currently isn't present on our profile that nobody's gotten around to adding yet/are being saved for a larger CRT (specifically with Cletus and the original Carnage Symbiote).
Probably a **** ton, Carnage's page is pretty bad.

At least I won't be fixing it since he is in alot of unfun edgelord crap, so unsure what exactly is needed to be added.

Speaking of street level characters Gwen Pool also needs some work. I like the profile and the abilities look fine but some of her statistics aren't even properly explained. There are also so many reboots to the character in her comparably short existence that the keys are practically meaningless in identifying which version of the character is being referred to.

I'll probably get around to it after revising the shin megami tensei franchise.

Probably a **** ton, Carnage's page is pretty bad.

At least I won't be fixing it since he is in alot of unfun edgelord crap, so unsure what exactly is needed to be added.
Eh, I don't mind edgelord crap that much. If you know the comics that should be reviewed to revise Carnage's profile and can point me to a good place to read them, I could probably compile some stuff.

I just read all the comics when revising. 170 isn't overwhelmingly huge for a character.

Good place to read'll probably be RCO, just have the ublock installed and on

I would recommend using the Brave browser combined with a VPN and Bitdefender Security when visiting sites such as RCO, to stay on the safe side.

I would recommend using the Brave browser combined with a VPN and Bitdefender Security when visiting sites such as RCO, to stay on the safe side.
1324359129980.gif

You know, if I need that many layers of security, I think I might just pass.

Question: Do we consider every single celestial on a equal power scale or do we varie them?

I read the seventh issue of the current Hulk run a while ago, and the Celestial Armor that Tony used didn't seem particularly strong, it was hundreds of times smaller than the very Celestial hand it was fighting on, it relied mostly on repulsors, missiles and guns to attack, and it was quickly knocked down to the ground by Thor.

Granted, I can't tell what Thor's current power is, but I'm pretty sure he is not in "Casually one-taping Celestials" yet...

You know, I have been using rco for years, but never had to use that much security lol. Never had a problem with it.

Aside from intrusive ads, it doesn't have other bad stuff in it.

At some point like, we should downgrade both Celestials and Galactus to 3-C, because they have a really weird mechanic iirc, of their entire being having 2-A existence, but their representation in 616 only being 3-C.

Like I remember Galactus saying this a bunch of times

I don't know the Galactus statement but I would not be opposed to 3-C Celestials. Even in regard to the Eternals' 2008 issues 3-C is shockingly consistent.

The one mechanism I personally find more interesting though is Kubik's statement of them having multiple canon histories at once. That kind of thing could also be used to explain why Al Ewing's Celestials are so OP compared to the other Celestial depictions and even the weird canon off shoots like The Ones Above All Others that showed up in Infinity Wars.

Regardless it is obvious the Celestial page needs more keys.

1324359129980.gif

You know, if I need that many layers of security, I think I might just pass.
Well, the Brave browser is probably enough, but I would recommend the other two as well to stay on the safe side.

At some point like, we should downgrade both Celestials and Galactus to 3-C, because they have a really weird mechanic iirc, of their entire being having 2-A existence, but their representation in 616 only being 3-C.

Like I remember Galactus saying this a bunch of times
Yes, and probably the skyfathers and hell-lords as well, to accommodate for the sheer inconsistencies in their power displays.

Galactus's name literally comes from the word galactic, he shouldn't be any higher than 3-C
His original Stan Lee origin simply stated that he was empowered by the consciousness of a dying star. Later John Byrne (and I think Mark Gruenwald) changed that to a universe, and much later still, Al Ewing changed that to a multiverse, even though that did not make sense with there being separate and very different versions of Galactus in each universe. Not all of them could contain the previous multiversal consciousness.

With the Apocalypse thread underway I can shift focus to Psylocke's revisions. I still have a question about whether her psionic weapons should get tiered specifically when she manifests them as telekinetic weapons? Not as the telepathic ones which are dura neg.

Meh, psionic weapons are so inconsistent, they're duraneg telepathic projections until the writers forget and they're physical again.

I think that somebody needs to calculate it. My apologies.

Back