• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ratchet and Clank Movie..... oh dear...

Latin fans went apesh*t when Fox put the movie on their channel... and they still do it from time to time... instead of BoG or RoF... are they stupid or what?

NotEvenHuman said:
Yeah, it has to be something really major about their personality or character development for me to care. Like, the character had to deal with racism their entire life and completely lost the ability to trust others or something really freaking important like that. Otherwise, my reaction is more or less like this: "Oh look, they screwed this up. Whatever." <--- This reaction is multiplied by over nine thousand due to how much i don't care about Evolution and how it destroys Dragon Ball, in this case.
Agreed.

Also, I'd almost forgotten how bad Evolution is and talking about it has brought those memories back.

Alexcar3000 said:
Latin fans went apesh*t when Fox put the movie on their channel... and they still do it from time to time... instead of BoG or RoF... are they stupid or what?
Wait, they put Evolution on their channel instead of BoG, or even RoF? The f*ck. That's not right.

@Azathoth In this case, i guess that having horrible memory when it comes to things i don't like is a good thing, lol.

Nedoiko said:
because both series had an exellent spanish dub, s curious case was with Drawn Together, which became pretty popular and memeable in spanish because of its exellent dub (despite how awfull the cartoon itself can be xvx)
The ungodly amount of YouTube Poops that thing spawned... not as much as Nappa tho, we pretty much have our own TFS Nappa.

NotEvenHuman said:
Alexcar3000 said:
What's worse?
Evolution or Twilight?
Twilight. At least Evolution is someone taking an already existing work a ruining it. So it didn't come entirely from the writer's mind (or at least i don't think it did).
Twilight, on the other hand.......

Evolution is also a better love story than Twilight, so there's that.
Doesn't that make it worse though when they're ruining something good? Twilight sucked as a movie and a book, but at least you can say it was a faithful adaptation.

Opening Weekend gross revenue

Super Mario Bros. Movie - 8 million

Norm of the North - 6 million

Ratchet and Clank - 4.8 million

Dragonball Evolution - 4.7 million

....well.... at least it did better than Dragonball...

Rotten Tomatoes is the dumbest TV Rating program ever. I HONESTLY LOVE THE MOVIE AND IS HYPED FOR SLY COOPER. On Rotten Tomatoes: Frozen is 87% and this is 13% RT please. Also on Metacritic (more trustworthy) Ratchet and Clank is 29% while Dragonball Evolution is 45%

FlygonAlbania said:
Rotten Tomatoes is the dumbest TV Rating program ever. I HONESTLY LOVE THE MOVIE AND IS HYPED FOR SLY COOPER. On Rotten Tomatoes: Frozen is 87% and this is 13% RT please.
Also on Metacritic (more trustworthy) Ratchet and Clank is 29% while Dragonball Evolution is 45%
A 29 on Metacritic is way worse than a 13% on Rotten Tomatoes. As I said above, Rottentomatoes accumulates how many critics gave it a positive review. It doesn't mean critics gave it a 1/10. You can actually see the average rating below the tomato meter, at 4.1/10. Metacritic accumulates score, and since it focuses on the snobbier critics than RT (which accumulates much more) it gets a lower rating.

Either way, we're all entitled to our own opinions when it comes to movies.

Back