• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ratchet and Clank Movie..... oh dear...

Yeah.... let's talk about that! According to the critics...

The wit from the games is not present here, it's a super generic hero story with absolutely nothing new to offer... and one critic even went as far as to say that this movie could've been made out of clips from the Star Wars prequels and probably would've been better if it was.... Ouch....

It currently has worse scores than The Mario Brothers Movie, DOOM, and even Adam Sandler's PIXELS

WHAT WENT WRONG!? YOU HAVE FAILED US, LOMBAX!

It doesn't matter even if it is a good movie or not... If it bombs, the chances of use getting more movies based on our favorite childhood games is going to get obliterated.... Please let there be a lot of R&C fans out there....

Oh dear...

Well, for what it is worth, I liked Wreck-It-Ralph.

So RWBY is coming out to theatres, and it's probably going to be like this or something.

OR

It'd be packed to the brim with raging fanboys/girls, but who knows?

LeopoldTheBrave said:
IT GOT WORSE!!!
IT GETS WORSE
That doesn't mean much.

When I went to watch the new Star Wars movie with my family (2 or 3 days after it was premiered), it was also empty.

It's funny to me, because the theater was full when we watched Resurrection [F] for the 2nd time (2 or 3 days after it premiered, too).

Mexico sure loves Dragon Ball lol

lol alex and this is worse than evolution despite the fact it looks like the game...just wow

Crazystarf said:
What is it with Mexico and Dragonball anyways?
They're all over Saint Seiya as well.
Digimon is crazy big in Mexico too. Those guys have some very specific taste, thats for sure..

KuuIchigo said:
Has there ever been a good game movie? I think Wreck it Ralph was one.
Interestingly, the video game movie with the best critical reception is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (Having a RottenTomatoes score of 44%, basically just meaning below average and not outright awful), albeit it had an abysmal box office record, only grossing 85 million dollars (Or 62% of its budget).

It also had this in the DVD release. You may now laugh.

Crazystarf said:
What is it with Mexico and Dragonball anyways?
They're all over Saint Seiya as well.
because both series had an exellent spanish dub, s curious case was with Drawn Together, which became pretty popular and memeable in spanish because of its exellent dub (despite how awfull the cartoon itself can be xvx)

It's not exactly the best idea to say it's worse than Evolution based on RT score. They're different genres of movies, different styles, etc. Plus RottenTomatoes' method is to accumulate how many people gave it a positive and negative rating. Even though Batman v Superman has a 28% approval, most people gave it a 5/10. And with certain movies, some will get more attention than others. Ratchet and Clank really isn't going to get a lot of attention.

Plus, it's just essentially a polished up version of a bunch of video game cutscenes, more aimed for fans of the series, so it's not gonna be a hit with critics as they try to look at it from an outside perspective (Take note Batman v Superman fanboys, not every critic was paide by Disney). Plus, different appeals. The fans of Dragon Ball hate Evolution much more than the critics do.

Surprised it got a wide of release as it did, but it still won't do that great at the box office compared to the other movies. I don't think there was too big of a budget so no major loss. If Tekken Blood Vengeance got as much attention as this one's getting, now THAT would be a shitshow.

Alexcar3000 said:
What's worse?
Evolution or Twilight?
Twilight. At least Evolution is someone taking an already existing work a ruining it. So it didn't come entirely from the writer's mind (or at least i don't think it did).

Twilight, on the other hand.......

Evolution is also a better love story than Twilight, so there's that.

WHAT?!, WHAT?!

HOW?!

How coud they blew it!?, the audicence likes it but, what the hell happened?...

Either the plot was THAT bad or something had to go very wrong...

Man, there is absoluletly no way to adapt a videogame into a movie if this is true

Alexcar3000 said:
Matrix has more Dragon Ball elements than Evolution.
It probably does. It's been ages since i've watched Matrix, and i only saw Evolution when it came out. I don't plan on watching it again, and i don't remember most of the movie (which i guess is a good thing).

Still probably a better love story than Twilight.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
NotEvenHuman said:
Well I mean...Goku learns to control his ki via his boner for ChiChi, sooo...
What the f*ck. Now i'm happy that i don't remember this movie. My childhood would be dead if i did.

NotEvenHuman said:
Alexcar3000 said:
Matrix has more Dragon Ball elements than Evolution.
It probably does. It's been ages since i've watched Matrix, and i only saw Evolution when it came out. I don't plan on watching it again, and i don't remember most of the movie (which i guess is a good thing).
Even this is a better love story than Twilight.

Oh, that goes without saying.

Twilight is infinitely below the concept of quality when it comes to..... pretty much everything, actually. But specially love stories.

NotEvenHuman said:
Twilight is infinitely below the concept of quality when it comes to..... pretty much everything, actually. But specially love stories.
Except for Shinra High SOLDIER (Linked above), the one love story that I legitimately think is worse than Twilight.

NotEvenHuman said:
What the f*ck. Now i'm happy that i don't remember this movie. My childhood would be dead if i did.
Somehow I find the fact he's in highschool and white to be even worse.
Him being in highschool is probably one of the..... idk, 3 things i remember about this movie, and it definately bothers me.

Not as much as Oozaru being Piccolo's servant, but it's still pretty bad. Goku being white doesn't bother me that much, honestly.

NotEvenHuman said:
Goku being white doesn't bother me that much, honestly.
I just can't get behind it because, despite being an alien, so much of his character and sensibilities are very East Asian, and that's hard to capture (though buff Sean Schemmel would be a good Goku).

For someone like Vegeta or Nappa, who weren't raised on Earth and have completely alien sensibilities, I couldn't care less about their race as long as the actor was good.

The Everlasting said:
NotEvenHuman said:
Except for Shinra High SOLDIER (Linked above), the one love story that I legitimately think is worse than Twilight.
I wouldn't know. I never played Final Fantasy (the FF7 remake is on my must-buy list though), so i guess Twilight is still as bad as you can get for me.

NotEvenHuman said:
Goku being white doesn't bother me that much, honestly.
I just can't get behind it because, despite being an alien, so much of his character and sensibilities are very East Asian, and that's hard to capture (though buff Sean Schemmel would be a good Goku).
For someone like Vegeta or Nappa, who weren't raised on Earth and have completely alien sensibilities, I couldn't care less about their race as long as the actor was good.
Eh, that makes sense. I usually don't care about the skin color of the actor, as long as he's good enough.

NotEvenHuman said:
Eh, that makes sense. I usually don't care about the skin color of the actor, as long as he's good enough.
I almost never do, as long as it's not something important to the charcter.
Yeah, it has to be something really major about their personality or character development for me to care. Like, the character had to deal with racism their entire life and completely lost the ability to trust others or something really freaking important like that. Otherwise, my reaction is more or less like this: "Oh look, they screwed this up. Whatever." <--- This reaction is multiplied by over nine thousand due to how much i don't care about Evolution and how it destroys Dragon Ball, in this case.

Back