• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ragnarok CRT

The current Ragnarok page is both bad and frankly inaccurate in several ways, which I plan to fix.

Starting with everyone:

• The Fungal Growth and Daybroken debuffs are Low-Mid Regenerationn negation, which all spirits and Dying Reality resist.
  • Every boss that the page encompasses should have Danmaku for obvious reasons.
  • The boss' reality warping is more offensively usable than the page implies, because while their presence was tearing apart reality, their combined essenses can create weaponry that tears through reality to harm foes, bends reality, and even removes them from reality entirely.
  • Healing, Holy Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation (The Primordial Spirit's combined essences can create the Lucidity, which can make pure darkness melt the target and is also a healing weapon that deals Radiant Damage. The Unbound Fantasy also heals)
  • Dream Manipulation, Self-Resurrection (The Dream Catcher creates a dream catcher that makes those within it unable to die)
  • Invulnerability, Damage Reduction, Time Manipulation, Dimensional Travel (The Dream Weaver armor can turn all damage the wearer receives into healing and reduces all damage taken. It also allows one to travel to the Dream and influence the flow of time)
  • Sound Manipulation (The Sousaphone can "tune" enemies and their combined essences can create various sound-based weapons)
  • Statistics Amplification (Through various means)
  • Damage Boost (Through various debuffs)
  • Immortality (Type 2) (The spirit's infinite despair, dread, or rage allow them to survive past the death of their bodies and manifests as a separate being entirely. Slag Fury can even be summoned using the Pyromancer armor)
  • Reactive Power Level (The spirits become stronger if the player deals too much damage too quickly)
  • Resistance to Existence Erasure (The Assassin armor effect doesn't work on them unless they are vastly weakened and near-death)
For Aquias specifically:

• The Oceanic Stasis debuff that the page mentions doesn't exist. It is simply Frozen.
  • Limited Duplication, Status Effect Inducement (The Tide Turner armor can create more throwable weapons and causes those hit to take more damage from other attacks)
  • Regenerationn (High-Mid) (Splits into several bubbles on "death")
For Omnicide specifically:

• Moon Bite is Low-Mid Regenerationn negation
  • Poison Manipulation (Makes attempts to heal oneself actually poison them)
  • Corrosion Inducement (The Wyrm Decimator releases a torrent of caustic wyrm breath)
  • Fire Manipulation (The Omni-Cannon inflicts the Cursed Inferno Debuff)
  • more offensively viable Death Manipulation (The Javelin is "fueled by death itself", which is most likely referring to Omnicide's essence)
  • Minor Causality Manipulation (The Assassin armor can make damage dealt occur twice)
  • Existence Erasure (The Assassin Armor can completely eradicate someone from existence)
For Slag Fury specifically:

• Power Bestowal (The Molten Banner makes the user's minions infict the Napalm debuff)
  • Empowerment (The Pyromancer armor makes the user's magic attacks stronger for every target that is currently on fire)
For Dying Reality specifically:

Now onto the main thing: Tiering.

Simply put, the spirits and Dying Reality should be High 3-A. Reality being damaged by their presence is more or less stated to be a consequence of their sheer power and the description for Devil's Claw states that it attacks with infinite heat. Nearly every weapon made from the spirit's combined essence cuts or damages reality as its main form of attack as well.

Dying Reality should also have a "likely Far Higher" in its speed section due to The Omega Core, which is imbued with its power, increasing one's speed "beyond comprehension."

It's basically to stop people from using OP shit from other mods

Which it doesn't really stop because stuff like Calamity is several layers of progression above the point in which you're supposed to fight The Ragnarok

Wouldn't that just be game mechanics, like damage scaling in Isaac?

From what I can tell, that's different in that the enemy is suddenly able to tank a super high-powered attack, whereas this is a permanent buff.

It decreases the damage dealt by really fast attacks IIRC

No, actually, the tboi armor only cares about super high damage attacks, which is why Hush can be a bitch if you have high but not insanely high damage.

I'd have to say that that Reactive Power Level is just a form of game mechanics. Especially if you can't reasonably trigger it without another mod or wiring tricks.

Any hax addition that relies purely on stuff crafted from drops isn't really something I would add to the profile unless The Ragnarok actually uses it in some form. While putting it on the profile might be ok, usage of it in a VS thread wouldn't be.

And I would like further explanation on how that reality stuff is High 3-A.

I'm fairly certain that you can trigger it with weapons made from their drops, but I haven't had the chance to test it myself.

Every power from their drops comes from stuff that is only made from their essence, not anything else, even otherwise powerless items that wouldn't reasonably do much because we can't be sure that the powers directly came from the essence of the spirit. Moreover, Calamitas has this on her page as well.

I was mostly using it as supporting stuff, since alone it isn't High 3-A, although you could reasonably interpret it to be 4D in nature.

I didn't have much to do with Calamitas revisions other than telling people she needed updates, so I'm not 100% sure on that one. Regardless, I think this is just a matter of "will he use it?" Although if there's official lore posted somewhere, it might fix some of the problems.

I wouldn't go assuming it's 4D without some kind of evidence. Although I read the updated tiering system on High 3-A, and it looks like all the 4D stuff got moved to Low 2-C, so if it is 4D, it's Low 2-C. But reality does seem like (regular) 3-A at the very least so it's still an upgrade regardless. I would be really sad to find out that Ragnarok stays 5-C because I'm still very really salty about vanilla Terraria downgrades.

Yeah, they don't use most of this in-character, but they should technically have it on the page.

I see, although there's still the Devil's Claw literally saying that it attacks with infinite heat.

I guess Devil's Claw is enough for "possibly High 3-A" considering this isn't mainsite, but I wouldn't give it a definite tier jump since this is just like a situation with Kirby and his infinite power statement, big difference being that here there's less things for it to be an outlier to.

Considering its current speed is just scaled from vanilla Terrarian, it's fine.

But it was nice to be able to participate in any kind of CRT without wanting to explode in frustration.

aight

trust me, you're just as glad as me

anyways, if no one else has anything to mention, I'll add this when I have the chance

agree with the revisions

Also they should have resistance to Fire Manipulation for resisting Daybreak, Resistance to black holes for surviving being hit by Blackhole Canno's singularity and resistance to Gravity Manipulation since they aren't affected by it's pull, Resistance to Radiations since they can fight in space and survive being hit by Nuclear Fury and Resistance to Mind Manipulation since bosses aren't affected by the Confusion Debuff.

Their speed should be Massivelly Hypersonic+ by scaling to Mjölnir's lightnings

They should have Resistance to Emphatic Manipulation since they resist the Charmed Debuff

and probably Type 1 Abtract Existence in their Revenant forms since they are just Depair, Dread and Anger respectivelly

Back