• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Quiet Sniper Vs The Long Nosed Sniper (Metal Gear Vs One Piece)

Arcker123

He/Him
Tixij Vs Sogeking
  • Both 8-B
  • Speed Equal
  • Skypiea Usopp
  • Takes Place Here (Fitting for a sniper duel)
  • SBA Otherwise
  • Quiet: 23.55 Tons
  • Usopp: 84.623 Tons
  • A Metal Gear match without Snake, Big Boss, Or Raiden, say it ain’t so…
aa13bffdca8c384a644752c6b8b8c53d.jpg
Usopp.full.67409.jpg

Last edited:
With that location, Usopp would try to set up traps, so it depends of how you would make the fight start

Because if they are at maximun range via SBA, Quiet would try to snipe Usopp, Usopp has less range with his weapon, so he would try to take cover (because is a coward, common sense and would try to plan something)

So, because I don´t know what Quiet would do and I am only giving my opinion of what the start of the fight would be, Usopp is gonna prepare traps and wait her opponent, because she is from Metal Gear, I will assume that traps are a complete waste of time for a soldier with experience like her, but Usopp does not know that

Her first move would be to find a high vantage point (maybe on the buildings or mountains) and snipe Usopp.
So, because I don´t know what Quiet would do and I am only giving my opinion of what the start of the fight would be, Usopp is gonna prepare traps and wait her opponent, because she is from Metal Gear, I will assume that traps are a complete waste of time for a soldier with experience like her, but Usopp does not know that
She does have to run to vantage points. Whilst she does turn invisible, she still kicks up a bit of sand. Maybe shell trigger a trap when running.

Edit: Or even trap up some sniping points.

Her first move would be to find a high vantage point (maybe on the buildings or mountains) and snipe Usopp.

She does have to run to vantage points. Whilst she does turn invisible, she still kicks up a bit of sand. Maybe shell trigger a trap when running.
And how much experience does she has with tricky opponents? Because Usopp would try lie at her multiple times at this points of the series, saying absurds things for the sake of distraction, creating doubt, making her think he is dead with tomate juice (no joking) etc

And how much experience does she has with tricky opponents? Because Usopp would try lie at her multiple times at this points of the series, saying absurds things for the sake of distraction, creating doubt, making her think he is dead with tomate juice (no joking) etc
Snake can use decoy versions of himself, smoke, and other distraction for trickery. I doubt talking with her would work as she (as the name implie) is mute and doesn’t speak or converse at all. She hasn’t really gotten angry or distracted by words alone.

Last edited:
Yeah Quiet is a pretty expert soldier, and a very professional one, I don't see words working.

What's Usopp's counter to uh, invisibility/camouflage

i mean, i really don't think it's something she'd be that averse to doing in a fight, her not doing it in a boss fight that lasts like two minutes is not really an indication that she never would, she's utilized it in fairly smart ways in cutscenes and is overall a very professional type person, be weird if she just had some issue against it. And if she does it's basically GG, no?

i mean, i really don't think it's something she'd be that averse to doing in a fight, her not doing it in a boss fight that lasts like two minutes is not really an indication that she never would, she's utilized it in fairly smart ways in cutscenes and is overall a very professional type person, be weird if she just had some issue against it. And if she does it's basically GG, no?
2 minutes??? Learn something new everyday.

I mean, she’s had more fights than that, in gameplay and story she has never perched and sniped whilst invisible. We can‘t use “professional” to disregard how she consistently behaved in canon.

2 minutes??? Learn something new everyday.
(It can be longer than that it's just pretty easy. You can actually knock her out in like 30s if you're smart, you can have crates dropped on her head to damage her stamina and it does like half of it and never misses since she doesn't react to it. Real Looney Toons type shit)
I mean, she’s had more fights than that, in gameplay and story she has never perched and sniped whilst invisible. We can‘t use “professional” to disregard how she consistently behaved in canon.
Again I really wouldn't use gameplay for the same reason as the boss battle given that she does exactly one action in gameplay. She has like, one fight in story and it's a H2H one, and even then she does use invisibility in it to confuse enemies. She also has used it in cutscenes to escape danger so, like.

I think there's more than enough evidence of her being smart about its usage to overrule "oh she never does it precisely when sniping so she wouldn't do that ever"

I think there's more than enough evidence of her being smart about its usage to overrule "oh she never does it precisely when sniping so she wouldn't do that ever"
”Using it smart”=/= Using it to snipe

Despite being smart with invisibility usage, she never seems to use it whilst sniping, maybe it’s just OOC…

Your argument is based off her very limited behavior in gameplay, mine is based off her overall behavior in a more varied set of situations. I rest my case.

Your argument is based off her very limited behavior in gameplay, mine is based off her overall behavior in a more varied set of situations. I rest my case.
Yes? Because that’s her in a fight lmao.

I’m pointing out how none of what you posted actually contradicts my argument. I agree she uses invisibility for movement and the like, but not for sniping.

I'm not saying she just uses it for movement, she uses it cleverly in any situation where it's the best move, as befitting of her being a very pragmatic sniper. I don't think her incredibly limited set of actions in gameplay (literally just move A to B and shoot people, that's all she does) somehow means she has some weird hard rule against using her best power during her main activity at all. Most I can accept is she doesn't start with it.

Back