• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Problem with Godzilla's Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
I think that this is a problem with have to address: Namely, that plenty of our Godzilla pages are a mess.

Honestly, way too many of Godzilla's stuff comes from Twitter statements. And the writers extrapolate things to such an extreme where it's completely unsupported by text. We've rejected it before with Rick and Morty and even have rules which discourage the usage of Author Statements to upgrade characters, so why do we accept it here?

For example, one feat (Godzilla regenerating after having his physical body fully destroyed) could at best be attributed to High or Low-Godly Regenerationn. However, when messaged with a question that looks like it's trying to get a specific answer ("Wow, even his soul was destroyed?"), Godzilla gets claimed to be a guy who can regenerate at a Mid-Godly Level and is also an Abstract Being.

The same thing happens for the Type 4 and 8 Immortality levels, as it is a guy asking for something specific, and the writer hypes it up out of the story's proportions.

It's no different than making Superman impossible to determine because a writer said he's as strong as he needs to be or The Flash at Infinite speed because a writer said he's as fast as he tries to be. If anything, this is actually much worse because in those cases the writers weren't goaded into writing that.

Frankly, we should never accept WoG only to upgrade characters so much, often giving them whole Tier jumps which are never even hinted in the story, or abilities which they have never demonstrated. Death of the Author should come first.

There's even a guy currently wanting to upgrade Godzilla God to 1-A because the writer said he is in a personal message to him.

We need to tone this down significantly and properly adjust the profiles.

However the answers fits into the story of the comics.

Maybe used for a Tier is wrong but is not wrong to clarify things.

Do they? Nothing implies Godzilla is an Abstract, has Mid-Godly Regen and Type 8 Immortality in the context of those Comics.

Sorry for my previous but I agree, we can't just ask the other a bunch of questions with the intent of upgrading the character we like.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Do they? Nothing implies Godzilla is an Abstract, has Mid-Godly Regen and Type 8 Immortality in the context of the IDW Comics.
Which Immortality Type 8? which Abstract Godzilla?

I can't find any profile with that Info.

Wait, but I don't see nothing wrong in the Godzilla Profiles?

As @Eva stated there is not any Immortality type 8, also there is nothing about a Abstract Godzilla. :V

Let's go over the list of things that are based on Author PMs:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111182371/5983261-reply+4.png

Godzilla's true form being energy, alongside a "He can only be destroyed if Reality itself is destroyed with him", which is a blatantly outside what he demonstrated in the comic.

Also, regenerating from a true form which is energy is just a really High-level High Regen, as he'd be regenerating from elementary particles.

Type 4 Immortality from God:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111182371/5997628-reply+1.png

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11130/111300953/6000400-reply+2.png

Note that the question basically asks for a specific answer and he bothered the same author twice with his question.

Type 6 Immortality:

Reincarnated.jpg

This is Resurrection, not Body-Hoping and keeping all your memories and powers.

Also, Godzilla being equal to God / Killing Him / Becoming God is also using twitter statements. If not shown in the actual comic why use it?

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...84-12755085_1040525299331820_1436562403_o.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...-13120733_1089033031147713_1245036211_o22.jpg

Mid-Godly Regen involves this person bothering the author with a question:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111182371/5980962-chris+mowry+reply.png

Composite Godzilla Profile only has Immortalities type 1,3,4 and 6.

And the Sr. Matthew is saying Immortality Type 8 and that Godzilla is Abstract.

But again this info is not in the profile.

What I meant is that people tried to upgrade Godzilla to Type 8 Immortality and Abstract-level powers through the PM author statements that he is "Beyond physical and spiritual existence and is "Perpetual and inexaustable energy", and that God will always revive him while he is necessary.

Because they were obviously accepted in threads that didn't have enough of a close inspection from the Staff. And this type of BS scaling / upgrading done solely through an author hyping their own characters up with nothing to back it up in the actual page is unnaceptable.

Much like authors can downplay their characters, they can wank their characters. If you don't agree with downgrading a character because of an Author Statement, let's be honest and not upgrade them through that either.

@Eva No, they'll be based on their own feats, which they have, but are just lower than the currently inflated ratings the characters currently have

Nothing would become unknown, as there are actual feats to rely on in the series, and most of them are powers anyway.

Sorry but I don't understand.

For example God- Mountain created the Universe doesn't seem wrong as is just a clarification.

same for other stuff, everything based on the question is just a clarification.

No, they're not clarifications, they are an Author wanking their own characters.

Is God-Mountain creating the universe at least implied in the comic?

Matthew Schroeder said:
If they don't have feats it's best to have them at Unknown, this is how we do things.
BTW

^ This statement is unnaceptable to upgrade a character by an infinite amount. Because the guy asking literally put the answer in his own question.

If we don't have clear on-page statements of how big the multiverse is, then Godzilla God should be downgraded to 2-B.
But the writer clarified it before.

Writer said:

While we're on the subject, why are things from a crossover game (Godzilla x Eva) on Godzilla's profile? It's like if I made Kirby 3-A through his crossover with Master Hand (and not even I'd do that to get tier 3 Kirby ovo)

the questions are clearly clarifications. Look one of them

How is possible to Godzilla to continue in excistence?

Kiryu-MG3 said:
the questions are clearly clarifications. Look one of them
How is possible to Godzilla to continue in excistence?
I looked, much of the questions are subtly asking for a specific answer and the authors just comply.

And are you referring to Godzilla's regen? If his true form is "Energy", than Godzilla's true form is still physical, made of elementary particles and whatnot.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I looked, much of the questions are subtly asking for a specific answer and the authors just comply.

And are you referring to Godzilla's regen? If his true form is "Energy", than Godzilla's true form is still physical, made of elementary particles and whatnot.
Yeah, is Energy, but what is wrong there?

The real cal howard said:
While we're on the subject, why are things from a crossover game (Godzilla x Eva) on Godzilla's profile? It's like if I made Kirby 3-A through his crossover with Master Hand (and not even I'd do that to get tier 3 Kirby ovo)
Becuase is an Official Godzilla game.

Just because it's "canon" doesn't mean we can scale to it.

Dissidia is canon to all the Final Fantasy games, but that doesn't mean we'll make Tidus 2-C by scaling from the Cloud of Darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back