• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Presence (DC) Abilities Revision

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired

The Presence has a lot of abilities without justifications and scans - like High Godly, despite never dying (?). Old files yada yada. But considering how important of a cosmological figure he is, I think we should use this thread to find scans and revise him. He is popular and important.

Now I would usually do profile rework for someone like him myself, especially since it's like 80 appearances or whatever, but older comics are a chore to go through plus I absolutely hate this character. So, if anyone has some scans, they can send it here. For remaining things... I wonder if anyone is willing to read his stuff or help me out by reading part of his stuff.

Note: this is mainly for abilities. No tier stuff if possible

Last edited:
@Antvasima gather some input pls

Also stuff like High Godly is I think because in the past they used to grant tier 1s abilities like this. So should probably be removed

Hmm. Still no replies. That is disappointing.

To guess though
I wanna say most of the abilities honestly comes from the Book of Destiny but you would need to find a scan that states the Presence wrote the book.

Just saying that there isn't anything that implies he "transcends the Endless" or even created them, so those resistances should be removed. In Books of Magic, its shown that in the future, everyone in Creation will die, which includes The Presence

He should have holy manipulation for obvious reasons
That seems fine.
Just saying that there isn't anything that implies he "transcends the Endless" or even created them, so those resistances should be removed. In Books of Magic, its shown that in the future, everyone in Creation will die, which includes The Presence
Well, Dream said that Lucifer is far more powerful than himself, and Lucifer said that Destiny is just an expression of The Presence's deterministic view of creation.

Further community help would be appreciated here.

Huh? Why?
he is boring. conceptually, he shouldn't be bad, but I think story-wise, it falls extremely flat and boring. His children are fun to read tho.

Due to being so overpowered I guess
Nah my favourites are overpowered, so not because of that. Tho his feats, IMO, from what I can remember, are pretty lackluster like most supreme beings. so eh

he is boring. conceptually, he shouldn't be bad, but I think story-wise, it falls extremely flat and boring. His children are fun to read tho.
Ironically, for me is the opposite. I find him extremely meme worthy. With a group of friends, we started using this saying: "It's all part of the Presence's plan". Because his plan is so friggin nonsensical and convenient. I love it.

Can somebody explain everything that currently needs to be evaluated here please?

Also, what has already been accepted to be applied here?

Since this thread exists already. I think some minor change should be brought into Writer. The profile currently used is of Presence rather than the writer. Cover issue #5 of Animal Man where God of Heaven appears.
Animal_Man_1988_-_Animal_Man_1988_Issue_5_-_1.jpg
Crafty of Looney Tunes-like world dies and goes to Heaven to meet God.
God draws the comic. So, Plot Manipulation(?). Not sure if it qualifies.
He also makes sure that Crafty resurrects after he is killed.

Uhhh... Wrong place mate. This is specifically about Presence. Writer is completely different. I would recommend making a new one

Its the God that appears in Animal Man Issue 5. Nothing to do with the Writer and clearly both are different. The Writer writes with his typewriter while the God is drawing with his paintbrush. And the narration itself calls it God.

Different character

Different character
I am not sure who or what this character is supposed to be. Neither do I remember the existence of this "God" aside from Presence. But the one in Animal Man is the God of Heaven.

The presence literally has so many scaling for him to be able to trancend the endless. Dream directly says the presence is the top dog there is, which includes him and his siblings with everyone he knows.

This isn't a tiering revision, only abilities

I am not sure who or what this character is supposed to be. Neither do I remember the existence of this "God" aside from Presence. But the one in Animal Man is the God of Heaven.
That's why I initially said to make a new thread. I don't want this one to be derailed out of its original premise.

Well, I made this thread so if anyone has something, they can chime in. I dont have a lot of time to read Presence stuff on top of my current huge list of revisions and stuff.

Okay. No problem.

Help from other members would be appreciated here.

Back