• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Player (Sunset Overdrive) VS Monkey King (Shadow Fight Arena)

After a quick look at the Player's profile, they take this low-dif.

1. They got superior range related to weaponry that I assume they love to use coupled with their slippery mobility. MK would most of the time be chasing Player around while trying to dodge whatever is shot at him. Not that MK is not used to dodging bullets from guns and all, but the ones he dodges are down-to-earth guns that are similar to the ones found in real life, not unpredictable firearms that do like 5+ different supernatural things at the same time with each fired shot. Also explosives. Those are even harder for MK to dodge. And if it wasn't bad already, some of those turn MK into ice, and other gear paralyses him, making him a target to cheap shots.

2. Type 4 Immortality, and pretty bs while at it. If MK manages to survive multiple usages of this resurrection, he would likely start wishing the Player to stay dead, but his fate hax has never been shown in the story to be able to negate type 4 Immortality soo is it excused because it's a fate hax after all? Does fate hax by default come with potential power nulls here? I assume not.

3. Soul hax with the Excalamune. I've no idea how the Player uses this soul hax. Do they just point the sword at MK and then proceed to suck out his soul? Or are they required to hit MK with the sword in order to activate the soul steal? If it is the former, that's an easy win for Player. If it is the latter, MK can heavily outskill Player in melee combat and thus Block pretty much all of their sword attacks (Block in the SF universe being able to negate the usage of life and soul steal attacks).

4. Empathic hax. This seems to have Preparation attached to it, so maybe if it isn't used at the start of the fight then it never ever gets another chance to be used? Anyways, Player can turn MK into their ally, so MK won't wish to defeat them anymore, completely trashing his fate hax.

5. Mid-Low Regeneration. The way I see this being a pain for MK is by the fact that he would barely get to hit Player due to their constant hit-and-run tactics. Sure he's got throwing chakrams that cover several meters, but they stand no chance to hundreds of meters range of the Player's firearms. By the time MK gets to close the gap with Player (if he even gets the chance), Player would have already healed the previous hits landed on them, so MK's efforts are rendered useless. Aaand upon closer inspection, Player says no to every chakram hit and also pushes MK back at every staff hit with forcefields and shields. lol

Now what can MK do?

1. Use his cloud to easily avoid Player's projecticles and close the gap with them.
2. Outskill Player in melee combat via combining weapon mastery with martial arts, the latter which Player lacks.
3. His Flawless Jade makes him invulnerable even to things such as soul rips. Although it lasts for a short period of time.
4. His Smugness talent can stack infinitely, so at one point he will be able to seriously hurt Player with just one Jingu Technique.
5. Fate hax the Player. As long as he wants to defeat the Player, MK will eventually emerge victorious. Although after lets say defeating the Player a few times I imagine the Player would get more serious and start using their Soul hax or Empathic hax. The former to, well, defeat MK with; and the latter to change MK's mind so that he no longer wishes to defeat the Player, nullifying his Fate hax (unless the empathic hax is temporary, in which case MK will come back to his senses and seek to defeat the Player again).

Overall Player has more things to work around with, and it feels to me like MK is constantly at the Player's mercy. I can see this being at most Inconclusive in MK's favor if he gets his Speed of Light speed, thus he will take Player down extremely fast every time they come back from death, but since MK doesn't really have any way to overcome Type 4 Immortality the fight never really comes to a conclusion (that's if people agree that MK cannot nullify type 4 immortality via fate haxing the Player into never coming back to life).

After a quick look at the Player's profile, they take this low-dif.

1. They got superior range related to weaponry that I assume they love to use coupled with their slippery mobility. MK would most of the time be chasing Player around while trying to dodge whatever is shot at him. Not that MK is not used to dodging bullets from guns and all, but the ones he dodges are down-to-earth guns that are similar to the ones found in real life, not unpredictable firearms that do like 5+ different supernatural things at the same time with each fired shot. Also explosives. Those are even harder for MK to dodge. And if it wasn't bad already, some of those turn MK into ice, and other gear paralyses him, making him a target to cheap shots.

2. Type 4 Immortality, and pretty bs while at it. If MK manages to survive multiple usages of this resurrection, he would likely start wishing the Player to stay dead, but his fate hax has never been shown in the story to be able to negate type 4 Immortality soo is it excused because it's a fate hax after all? Does fate hax by default come with potential power nulls here? I assume not.

3. Soul hax with the Excalamune. I've no idea how the Player uses this soul hax. Do they just point the sword at MK and then proceed to suck out his soul? Or are they required to hit MK with the sword in order to activate the soul steal? If it is the former, that's an easy win for Player. If it is the latter, MK can heavily outskill Player in melee combat and thus Block pretty much all of their sword attacks (Block in the SF universe being able to negate the usage of life and soul steal attacks).

4. Empathic hax. This seems to have Preparation attached to it, so maybe if it isn't used at the start of the fight then it never ever gets another chance to be used? Anyways, Player can turn MK into their ally, so MK won't wish to defeat them anymore, completely trashing his fate hax.

5. Mid-Low Regeneration. The way I see this being a pain for MK is by the fact that he would barely get to hit Player due to their constant hit-and-run tactics. Sure he's got throwing chakrams that cover several meters, but they stand no chance to hundreds of meters range of the Player's firearms. By the time MK gets to close the gap with Player (if he even gets the chance), Player would have already healed the previous hits landed on them, so MK's efforts are rendered useless. Aaand upon closer inspection, Player says no to every chakram hit and also pushes MK back at every staff hit with forcefields and shields. lol

Now what can MK do?

1. Use his cloud to easily avoid Player's projecticles and close the gap with them.
2. Outskill Player in melee combat via combining weapon mastery with martial arts, the latter which Player lacks.
3. His Flawless Jade makes him invulnerable even to things such as soul rips. Although it lasts for a short period of time.
4. His Smugness talent can stack infinitely, so at one point he will be able to seriously hurt Player with just one Jingu Technique.
5. Fate hax the Player. As long as he wants to defeat the Player, MK will eventually emerge victorious. Although after lets say defeating the Player a few times I imagine the Player would get more serious and start using their Soul hax or Empathic hax. The former to, well, defeat MK with; and the latter to change MK's mind so that he no longer wishes to defeat the Player, nullifying his Fate hax (unless the empathic hax is temporary, in which case MK will come back to his senses and seek to defeat the Player again).

Overall Player has more things to work around with, and it feels to me like MK is constantly at the Player's mercy. I can see this being at most Inconclusive in MK's favor if he gets his Speed of Light speed, thus he will take Player down extremely fast every time they come back from death, but since MK doesn't really have any way to overcome Type 4 Immortality the fight never really comes to a conclusion (that's if people agree that MK cannot nullify type 4 immortality via fate haxing the Player into never coming back to life).
Then I want to know that who you are voting to. Inconclusive, I assume?

Back